Author Topic: A couple of notes  (Read 38458 times)

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
Re: A couple of notes
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2018, 02:16:39 pm »
The download link came from a Mediafire link on the official FeralHeart website, so is everyone half in the wrong? Because apparently that mediafire link is suddenly "Some random Mediafire link". You had the topic with the patch maps deleted, but you don't know it was ever there anymore? That Mediafire link came from the FH website. We are warning you that the "Block=ban" system is going to destroy the game, we're only trying to keep the game alive, and by still continuing with your destructive bot you are giving us the idea that you are done with the game, because you have not stated anything regarding your reputation with the game.

As a server master, you have to explain yourself way more often, because the unknown is how you're scaring people right now.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 02:31:50 pm by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline DraconisFantasy

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Mr. Sakurai I don't feel too good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2018, 02:21:33 pm »
 This entire uproar was caused because things were not explained clearly. Nothing was written in black and white and it all seemed like one big grey patch in my, and probably many others, opinions. Everyone went into blind panic because in our minds 1 block = Whoops, looks like ye got banned.

In all honesty I'm still confused and I'm sure many other floofs are confused and afraid as well. When people are afraid they will lash out, the best thing you can do is explain and try and quell everyone's worries. Also the staff were in preparation of leaving? It seemed like they were forced to quit and moderator free October seemed like it was a trial that was going to go downhill very, very fast. It's why everyone was so outspoken and honestly it's why we still are.

If anything this still is confusing and sounds like a bad idea and I believe everyone is still fearful about how this is going to work. We don't have any details, so all we can go on is what we're understanding. If I'm understanding correctly, which I'm still probably not since I don't understand, 1 block = 1 ban or is it x block = 1 ban? How long is the ban? Is the ban for life or is the ban for 1 week? It's all so confusing and many of us are afraid that at this rate Feral Heart is going to crash and burn faster than a blazing building.
"I'm really feeling it!"

Offline Kahbloom

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 45
  • Happy Camper
    • Kahbloom
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2018, 02:26:19 pm »
Thank you for finally breaking the silence & saying something, Raz.

But this isn't going to fix it.
Your actions were ones that dissolved the staff team within a matter of a few days.
The way that you treated Nynx, especially? Inexcusable.
She has always done what she believes is right for the community & was always seen lending a helping hand & being pretty dang great at her job.
The fact that the entire staff team is now gone makes this much more personal.

We're angry. We have a right to be.
A lot of people aren't acting very civil right now, but it's in their nature when they've become hurt, shocked, angry or upset.
This isn't going to fix anything. To have a game, you need staff, simply put.

I've seen what happens to games where admins disappear, until there's none left. It's horrible. People forget there are basic rules, because there's no one to actually enforce them, & go insane.
You are almost never in the game, no? In fact, throughout all of my time here, I've not really ever seen you interact much with the community, besides the vague post here & there.
You had a wonderful staff team who poured their huge, pure hearts into this game & would be exceptionally friendly & outgoing with the playerbase.

You've never even managed to explain what is really happening with this system. If you get blocked once, do you get banned? What happens when people start to get targeted by groups of people & everyone blocks each other just to purposely get them banned? We all know that some members of FH are immature & the community has a few bad eggs--which is normal; they're young children & teens. But have you considered the faulty mechanisms everyone else has so clearly layed out in front of you?

You messed up. It's okay. It's human. We've all made mistakes, & we all will continue to make mistakes.
But, still going through with this system when about 99% of the playerbase has firmly said, "NO!" isn't a smart move.
Users are even up & leaving now--not just the staff, & I'm afraid that if things continue to be this way, I just might follow suit.
This became much more than just being upset at a new system when the staffers left.
Is your arrogance so mind-fogging that you can't see that this is still a bad idea? Reconsider.

I apologize if my post sounds at all condescending or angry... I am angry. I've tried to mask it the best I can by keeping my thoughts straightforward, but I've never been very good at hiding how I'm feeling.
Please say hello if you see me in-game!
kahbloom.deviantart.com

Offline .Fallen-Kingdom.

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • One Step At A Time.
    • CatieBug9
    • CatieBug9
    • CatieBug9
    • KittyBug9
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2018, 02:28:54 pm »
Thank you kindly for keeping us updated, Raz.

"Always remember, it has to be dark for the stars to appear."
I go also go by BugJuice in-game! Feel free to say hi!

Offline ShadowFang01

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • ShadowFang0
    • xxxWolvesHeartxxx
    • xxxWolvesHeartxxx
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2018, 02:33:41 pm »
I agree with everyone in the community.

Raz, you are being way too quick to blame everyone for "wildly over simplifying its operation" when you were the one who failed to properly explain this new system. A system I still disagree with. The original staff and rules were put in place for a reason, to keep things under control. While the community is made up with wonderful people, there are still those who will try to take advantage this situation. "Block != ban or even  blockx9000 != ban", that's a crappy way to run things. Either someone will try to get everyone to gang up on a single innocent person, or someone who truly does need to be banned won't get enough blocks.

Also, what do you mean by "moderator free October was preparation for the staffs departure"? We've seen the other staff members explain that they had no knowledge of this new system. This just makes you sound like you were intentionally trying to drive away the other staff members. It's also doesn't help your case with the way you handled what happened with Nynx.

Speaking on Nynx, I think I speak for everyone when I say we highly doubt that she would give us something that would interfere with our game play or harm us in any way. Besides, she wasn't the one who removed the patch and had our characters deleted, you were.

Time to face it, Raz. The community is upset about the way things are being handled and you are the one to blame.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 11:37:45 pm by ShadowFang01 »

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2018, 02:34:09 pm »
-sigh- At least this is a little better explanation. I still don't like it but there's honestly nothing else we can do but follow you through with this Raz. I just hope you it works out in the end is all and that this whole thing was worth it.

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2018, 02:51:27 pm »
Thank you for the update. That is all.
not active here anymore ♡

WolfWorms

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2018, 02:56:04 pm »
I'm tired, Raz.
Stop putting the blame on us.

Offline Given

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2018, 02:57:04 pm »
It'd be best if we all just hop off Raz's back, we don't know what's going on in his personal life, therefore just stop with all the hating. (Think about it you could push him to leave, and shut the game down/or worse) Raz, please try your best to get right back on track, I know you can fix it all and such. Also, forgive the mods if you must, we all deserve second chances, maybe more, maybe less. I know I'm probably gonna get blocked by half of this community but oh well. I spoke my opinion. If you don't like the way Feral Heart is going then get off the game and stop playing,  no one is forcing you to play.

Bazzi

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2018, 03:08:51 pm »
Although I just arrived...

Thank you for the update.