Help & Guidance > Modding & Meshing Tutorials

Haku's 'Cheat Sheet' < Update: 9.19.2O17 >

(1/4) > >>

Hakumi:

As the title suggests, This is a little 'Cheat Sheet' of mine that I scraped together to help those that wish to know about what certain icons are in their 'Textures' folder inside their main Feral-Heart > Media Folder or even those that wish to create their own Interfaces and want a quick and simple little sheet that will tell them what icon changes what and so forth.

Enjoy ~ c:

1. ButtonDown.png , ButtonOver.png & ButtonUp.png

These 3 buttons are also on the Title Screen if you didn't already know. These buttons are basically the outcome of whether they're default, been clicked on or even highlighted when you move your cursor over the buttons c:

>> How I Did Mine <<

Simply Edited, Use a texture I found that was available and free to use online and just went nuts. Lol, nothing to it.

2. Button2Over.png & Button2Up.png

This here is your arrows. Keep in mind, then when editing both files, they will flip upside to make it seem that there is an arrow going in the opposite direction, or mirror. Your Button2Up.png is the arrow at default. Nothing is being done to it and it's the first thing you notice. Your Button2Over.png is the result of when you mouse over either arrow and it becomes highlighted per say.

>> How I Did Mine <<

Simply drew the picture and making sure that it was just as symmetrical from both top and bottom so there wouldn't that much of a difference whether they were flipped.

3. fhPodium.fhm

The background that you see, that's your podium. In order to make said Podium you would need to not only make a quick little terrain map, but you have to make sure that things are placed around a specific area on a map. It can take some getting used to and trying to figure out where and how far the boundary is.. but to get a general idea, you can check out this tutorial > Here < to help ya out a bit.
Special Thanks & Credit Goes To Goldchocobo For Their Tutorial ♥

1. Nametag.png & TextField.png

Your Nametag.png is what it is. Your character's / user's Nametag. Your TextField.png is basically where the text boxes are.. especially for your name and username in-game as well as what you see on the Title Screen as well. Those two long boxes? Yep, those are the ones. In the default Feral-Heart folder, these boxes are not the same. I only used the same box in my screenshot because of how similar they look. You will be able to tell them apart in the file though.

>> How I Did Mine <<

Simply drew in the TextField.png and messed with the hue and saturation for my Nametag.png.

Sizer.png

As the name suggests, your Sizer.png is what controls the size of your chat box whenever you click on it and change it's size. Due be warned though, altering the size of the text box can make it to where you're unable to see the videos that other users post. Not to worry though, simply close out your game and jump right back in. c:

>> How I Did Mine <<

Since I really didn't change the colour of the Sizer.png I left it be to go along with the colour scheme. You can change the colour and such to your heart's content ~!

3. Mover.png

This is what you usually click on to move your boxes around on the screen. Took me awhile to figure out what it was, but the name says it all. c:

>> How I Did Mine <<

Simply messed with the Hue and Saturation and then saved.

4. ButtonCloseDown.png , ButtonCloseOver.png & ButtonCloseUp.png

Basically what it is. Closes your box windows. What changes is what you do with the mouse by either hovering over it, clicking it or even leaving it as default ( Not messing with it ).

>> How I Did Mine <<

Used a similar technique with my buttons where I took a texture and just colored over it and tweaked with the hue and saturation.

5. MiniMapMarker.png, MiniMapMarker2.png & MiniMapMarker3.png

These icons are what marks your MiniMap in the corner. Your MiniMapMarker.png marks your character's location and what direction that character is may be heading in. Your MiniMapMarkers 2 & 3 is marking the location of your friends that are online and on the same map as you. The difference between the 2 is that one locates the friend and the other flashes / highlights the username of your friend when you click the 'Find' option after clicking their user. c:

>> How I Did Mine <<

Messed with the hue and saturation and colored over it a bit.

6. Various Buttons

These last group of buttons varies and does certain things.. their file name is pretty self explanatory but I will run them through from Top to Bottom so you know what is what in case you didn't know c:

ButtonMiniMap.png
- For your minimap in the corner of the screen. When you click it , it becomes transparent. Click again and it goes away. Click it a third time and the map goes right back to normal. Isn't that grand ~?

ButtonInfo.png
- For your information or more specifically your bio. If you wanted to open that sucker quick or if you don't have the 'B' key and you don't want to mess with the in-game settings... just click that little feather pen icon and you're good to go c;

ButtonAction.png
- For when you want to roar like a lion , howl like a wolf or some other random sound... like Pacman noises... This is button you press ~!

ButtonMovie.png
- Press this button to pull up the movie maker and start making them adverts.

ButtonGroup.png
- This of course, is for your group if you're currently in one. It pulls up the information of said group just for you.

ButtonFriends.png
- Like the ButtonGroup.png this one pulls up your friend list c:

ButtonParty.png
- This pulls up the party list ( Or a group chat that only lasts as long as you're online ) right up for you.

ButtonChat.png
- This toggles the chatbox c:

>> How I Did Mine <<

Messed with a texture, only colored over the icon itself and not the button. Made sure that it was on a transparent background and saved. c:

Thanks For Reading ~ ♥
And Happy Modding c:

Hakumi:
- Reserved Just In Case - ?

Reaper:
ooo thank you Hakumi for making this. It can really help lots of users including me. :3

DarkLustyHumor:
Great job with this, I know you worked hard on it!

ArcticGalaxy:
*glomps* This is a very nice little thing you've done! It's sure to help a lot of fluffs out there! +floof! (AGAIN! 8D)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version