Author Topic: FH Map Creating  (Read 734 times)

Offline sins

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • :')
    • View Profile
FH Map Creating
« on: March 28, 2020, 01:00:12 pm »
I'm not sure if I put this is the correct section, but nonetheless I need help!!

I'm quite new to FH, and just started map making.
I followed tutorials, and I have an issue.

The Mask loads fine, but the Terrain does not. Every time I load in a Terrain I've made that game crashes, and gives me a orge error when I reload. I've tried some of the tips on here, like changing my Rendering System to the unselected one, but when I reload for the changes I get a orge message and it changed to the Rendering System from before.

I'm not sure what to do!! :'(
Pfp; Jomashia dA

SpicyDirt

Re: FH Map Creating
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 01:54:09 pm »
Hello!

There could be a chance that you have some transparency to the terrain. If you use a bucket to fill any bits of the map that will often time leave small parts, small enough to even not see, that just need to be filled up. I'd recommend making sure that every bit is filled. You could make another layer, have it be one color, and then merge it under the main terrain.

Hope this helps!

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 03:26:47 pm »
Moving this to Game Help boards~

Additionally, check to make sure all colors in your terrain mask are correct~

When making a terrain mask, you need to make sure all base colors, red, green and blue, are "hard" colors.

The numbers circled need to be at 0 on all colors (for red) when applying them to the mask. Otherwise, it'll crash and or just not work period. So if you need red, blue and green will be 0. If you need blue, green and red will be 0. So on and so forth.

^ Red ^

^ Green ^

^ Blue ^

So now that you're working with "hard" RGB, you can of course blur them together as much as you'd like.

Hope this helps~

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline sins

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • :')
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2020, 01:22:30 pm »
Yea, I figured it out.. Turns out it had to do with Alpha Lock, and me not knowing I had it on in the program I was using. ^^
Pfp; Jomashia dA

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2020, 02:08:25 pm »
Glad you got it figured out! I'll be locking this since your issue is resolved =)

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort