Author Topic: Canyon - a map [I'm working on] DONE ~ By Raphilion  (Read 6161 times)

Offline Raphilion

• HOLD MY MOM
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • WARNING: I'm a bad friend
    • View Profile
    • DA profile
Re: Canyon - a map I'm working on ~ By Raphilion
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2012, 08:12:02 pm »
Thankies XD.
It is done, but had to make a few changes here and there.. Just gonna get some advice before I make it final which should hopefully be tonight, if not then tomorrow morning

My Canyon Map
Avatar by the Awesome Ruji / Michala

Offline Halfmoon112

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Canyon - a map [I'm working on] DONE ~ By Raphilion
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2013, 11:38:03 pm »
Your map looks great! Definitely worth downloading.It would look more natural if you could add bumps here and there, as well as a bigger slope instead of heading straight up then immediately
flat at the summit of the canyon to make it look natural.
Overall, well done! I see you've worked hard on this map. I'll give your map a try-
download it after I finish typing

Offline Raphilion

• HOLD MY MOM
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • WARNING: I'm a bad friend
    • View Profile
    • DA profile
Re: Canyon - a map [I'm working on] DONE ~ By Raphilion
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2013, 03:13:21 am »
Thanks Halfmoon.
It definitely was lots of hard work getting it to look as natural as I could. Spent hours adjusting the heightmap and opening in map maker until it looked just how I wanted it. Also, having seen millions of images and tons of film and even having been in canyons myself, I think flat plateaus are correct. Besides, I also wanted as much of the map to be accessable as possible to make it worth visiting. Unfortunately, as with the many other awesome public maps, they become forgotten very easily.

I'm glad there are still more who appreciate the hard work, did not want it looking like a half-job :P
Enjoy and feel free to give me any more feedback that I could take into confederation for my next big map I'm trying to work on.

My Canyon Map
Avatar by the Awesome Ruji / Michala