Author Topic: A small momento  (Read 1513 times)

Offline cro-nus

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • YEAH BABEY
    • View Profile
A small momento
« on: July 08, 2020, 02:16:59 pm »
Quite the ways we've come with how the digital landscape has changed so drastically. How I long to be a kid again, sitting at home on the hot summer days with a brick-like Toshiba laptop perusing the internet. Discoveries like Impressive Title and FeralHeart don't happen that often for me anymore. Occasionally, I'll go digging around the archives of the past forums left scattered about the reaches of the technological expanse. They feel like an old home you've decided to revisit after years have gone by, the memories still sit firm in your chest.

It's almost painful. To see the remnants and ruin of something so grandeur come to a silent and cold close, possibly forgotten. I yearn to see those who I once knew, lost to the sea of an everchanging void. Usernames that once decorated the screens of hundreds no longer make an appearance, years old chat logs on skype left unread. Revisiting these things is bittersweet, as I click the login button and hope for a vast and lush presence of people and digital architecture. Yet all I see is the blank canvas face of a dream I've been chasing.

To be reminded of these places, a pocket of the internet brings me unfathomable pain. Old becomes obsolete by new, subsequently the old slips into the night. Perhaps the subject of what is old was misplaced, yet adaptive. I see the landscape change from what once was a simple game unearth many akin to it, the lovingness and cherished memories will always be with me. As I hope they do with your own, dear reader, please do not forget the ghosts of the internet.

Offline Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
Re: A small momento
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 04:33:25 pm »
Yea, FeralHeart doesn't have as much members as it used., I wish it did..

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline Silvestria

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • HiddenDeception
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 04:51:08 pm »
This really touches the feels. I can relate to getting on maps where you count the number of players on one hand, if there are any at all, where there used to be hundreds all over the place. Same thing with having friends from my earlier years on FH who I haven't seen on in several years and don't know if I'll ever see them again.

Offline Dark_heart

• Professional Razmirz's Cheese Stealer
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 83
  • -- Moving account --
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 05:16:12 pm »
Well, I'm not veteran of Impressive Title, Feral Heart or whole Internet. But I really respect other's remembers and their missing old maps. Also sometimes I look on old forum's posts and I see some people who I saw in-game in my first day. And I miss them. I have same situation as Silvestria. I had real friend, together exploring, chatting, sitting in The Grounds… and then he just left. Couldn't find him anymore…

I think we really need these Internet Ghosts…
On new account Aiiokia