Author Topic: Sky's Rim, a race to the top!  (Read 10912 times)

Offline Silver-Scratch

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • 3 Easy Payments of $19.99...
    • View Profile
Re: Sky's Rim, a race to the top!
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2013, 11:48:55 am »
*Flails ragefully* I can never figure that thing out.... I don't know why. I am surprisingly either stupid of confused in the mind, Kiki...

Anyway, I really hope I will make it if I get the timezone for EST time...

It's 5PM ;3

I can halp chu Hugrf :D (as I am in EST time as well, so I looked it up x3). It'll be 3pm for Eastern-Timers ^^ Hopefully I'll be able to join in, but I never can predict what will happen.
Nope, 4PM CST (Central Standard, US/Canada) is 5PM EST, as it's one hour ahead of Central.

Hm, I would join, but I'm not really a race type. ^^ I hope you have fun!

?(=^???^=)?

Still join the group! We'll keep you updated with what's going on and spectating is still appreciated.

With that, everyone send me your group requests by 3 CST / 4 EST or you will not be in the running! If you can't make it til the event time, you can tell me on this topic and I'll write you down.

AGAIN, the group name is:
AI Race 8-25
...Or something along those lines. Anyone will be accepted! If you are spectating, please specify that by replying to this post with your character name, ingame username, and simply state "I am spectating!"
If you are racing, I'll need the same info, just tell me "I am racing!" Instead. Thanks everyone for your cooperation!
And thank you to Error for posting up the topic!

Hope to see you today!
- Ging
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 11:58:36 am by Ginger_ »
...Plus Shipping and Handling. | in-game user: silver-scratch

Art by Kikiorylandia! <3

Offline zady

• I BLAME RAZ!
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • DJ Rin
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2013, 01:31:18 pm »
even though not joining you need some rules

like setting home, you only get 3 of them and you MUST say when you use one!

MESH edition
Preset & marking edition

Feel free to pm me for help!

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2013, 06:31:30 pm »
I'm so going to win. ._.
I shall be there at 5pm. :D

Hmm, I can't seem to find the group. It's still Al Race 8-25 right?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 06:37:47 pm by AlphaEclipse »

Offline Silver-Scratch

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2013, 07:29:02 pm »
even though not joining you need some rules

like setting home, you only get 3 of them and you MUST say when you use one!

I'm not worried about the home set feature, it really won't matter in the long run as long as everyone is using it.

I'm so going to win. ._.
I shall be there at 5pm. :D

Hmm, I can't seem to find the group. It's still Al Race 8-25 right?

It's AI, as in Ascencion Island, or Alpha India.

Everyone who has not registered or sent a group request, YOU HAVE ONE HOUR!

Event  begins in two hours, everyone! I will be there an hour early ( 15:00 CST ) to round everybody up. I'll be playing as my character Alex, my username is silver-scratch. Try to find me, as I'll be the one setting things up beforehand, along with Error if they wish to help with organization. Remember, cheating WILL NOT be tolerated! If you are caught cheating, you WILL be disqualified.

If someone would please step up to be in charge of spectating, I would be rather grateful! Basically, you'd be specifying an area or areas for spectators to be in, making sure of who's spectating and who's participating. Spectators can join the race group, and are encouraged to do so!

RACERS: IMPORTANT INFO! As specified beforehand, I'll need you not only in the group, but at AI an hour before the race starts! If you for some reason cannot make it, please post here when you will be there so I can tell you whether or not you'll still be in the running. If you're there at least 30 minutes ahead you should be ok, but only if you have notified me about it beforehand! If I don't hear from you and you're over ten minutes late, I will assume you ARE NOT in the running.

AN ESTIMATED SCHEDULE:
At 15:10 I will be counting up racers.
At 15:20 I will list everyone who is in the race to see if anyone is missing from the participant list.
At 15:30 GROUP CHAT WILL BEGIN! It is important that Group chat isn't used for speaking to eachother before this time. Before 15:30 I will be using Group Chat to organize things. It can be used if you are:
A) announcing you will be leaving the race or forfeiting
B) Reporting to me if someone has broken rules (below)
C) Telling me info (such as that you were not on the list, or that you will be switching characters)
D) Asking questions about competition itself, asking for rule specification

At 15:45 I'll be lining everyone up at start!
At 16:00 SHARP countdown will begin!

A FEW GROUND RULES:
Group chat (starting at 15:30) MUST REMAIN PG! Violation will result in being kicked from group, along with disqualification.
You are NOT to call names, smack talk, etc! This is unneded and rude. Violation will result in being kicked from group, along with disqualification.
You are not to harass or annoy organizers or competitors, especially after being asked to stop. This means spam is a no-no. Violation will result in being kicked from group, along with disqualification.

Along with this, I need up to three volunteers with helping in organization! Please post here with your username and character name if you wish to organize.

I'm hoping that, if all goes well, this may become a weekly or biweekly event!

Thanks for your cooperation!
- Ging

Art by Kikiorylandia! <3

Offline Silver-Scratch

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2013, 08:31:34 pm »
Last call for all racers! All to AI now, race begins in 30 minutes!

Art by Kikiorylandia! <3

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2013, 10:48:10 pm »
'tis was fun. :3 I had a good time... I also made a picture of Hugrf and Blaise for ya, Ging~ :o
Thanks for hosting this event!

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2013, 10:53:48 pm »
Congrats everyone!

Winners:

1st: Hugrf

2nd:Ruff

3rd: AlphaEclipse (Meh)

Pic of the winners:

I had lots of fun participating! Hope we can race again sometime!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 10:57:55 pm by AlphaEclipse »

Offline Warrior4ever

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Muffins. Oh yes... I went there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2013, 02:48:21 am »
*glares at platforms menacingly* e3O I shall conquer them yet, I swearz it!

Anyhoo, I did have fun, even if I was so excited I overshot many, many jumps ^^'  I hope we can race again sometime, but my time will be limited during the week from now on due to school. I'm willing to help organize a race schedule or something along those lines if you ever need help ;)

If this were made into an official FH sporting event.... *flips table* (/o3o)/ l____l I don't see why it shouldn't be! :D Though if we were ever to become official.... would we need a map?

Just throwing ideas out there x3
~Until the next Race~

Offline Silver-Scratch

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2013, 11:51:12 am »
'tis was fun. :3 I had a good time... I also made a picture of Hugrf and Blaise for ya, Ging~ :o
Thanks for hosting this event!

I did as well, it was good to see you all out there yesterday! And congrats on the win, Hugrf! For the picture, if you could throw a link up here or on my preset thread that'd be great ;3

Congrats everyone!

Winners:

1st: Hugrf

2nd:Ruff

3rd: AlphaEclipse (Meh)

Pic of the winners:

I had lots of fun participating! Hope we can race again sometime!

I'm definitely planning on keeping this going, it was a blast! And congrats to the winners, nice screenshot Alpha! c:

*glares at platforms menacingly* e3O I shall conquer them yet, I swearz it!

Anyhoo, I did have fun, even if I was so excited I overshot many, many jumps ^^'  I hope we can race again sometime, but my time will be limited during the week from now on due to school. I'm willing to help organize a race schedule or something along those lines if you ever need help ;)

If this were made into an official FH sporting event.... *flips table* (/o3o)/ l____l I don't see why it shouldn't be! :D Though if we were ever to become official.... would we need a map?

Just throwing ideas out there x3
~Until the next Race~

I would be happy if this became an official thing, it felt amazing to have organized such a successful event!
A map would not be such a great idea, at least in my opinion, because AI isn't busy anyway and some people are unable to get maps, which would limit our crowd quite a bit :c
An official race schedule would be nice, I'm thinking from now on:
Wednesday: 4:00PM CST
Saturdays: 4:00PM CST, 5:30PM CST (two races means people who can't come to one can still make it)

But perhaps others throughout the week, just not too early cause Gingy has work :I If there are any unnormally scheduled ones I'll tell people that. I'd say this could become a sporting event quite easily, as long as we stick to a schedule and follow the rules ;3
Perhaps an official topic that the organizer(s) can put stuff up on would be good, I'll think about that today...

Thanks for coming, everyone!
And thanks for the support/suggestions!
-Ging

Art by Kikiorylandia! <3

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2013, 07:46:32 pm »
A link? Sure!
http://hugrf.deviantart.com/art/Hugrf-and-Blaise-396155128
A little suckish, I know. XD But it was a 30 minute drawing I was doing. Well, digital drawing. I don't use a tablet. :c
And thanks! :3 Also, it sure was pretty fun... I noticed some people who were a challenge for sure. Like Asha, she seemed kind challenging....
And... one question, will rules change sometimes in the event? or will the no dash rule stay there forever? /slapped

(Please forgive me for hating that rule sometimes XD)