Poll

Should trophy hunting be banned?

Yes! Animals deserve to live!
4 (57.1%)
No. I like being evil to animals.
3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Trophy Hunting- It Must End!  (Read 2766 times)

Offline bunnylions

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
  • I'm stupid and I'm proud! :D
    • KazeoLion
    • channel/UCIabUy2dwwyNBHYt7j49XzA
    • View Profile
Trophy Hunting- It Must End!
« on: June 09, 2019, 08:19:54 pm »
Trophy hunting is the evil of killing a beautiful animal just for the sake of decorating your wall with its head or something similar. To the animal's family, it's no different than the constant crime and death we see on the news.
A common argument is that hunting stops overpopulation, but this is incorrect. To combat overpopulation, the fertility of the animals must be lowered in some way (this is why we spay and neuter our pets!). Also, many animals who fall victim to trophy hunting are highly endangered.
Invasive species are another argument for trophy hunting. We should hunt invasive species, but a rare animal native to its home must live.
Should trophy hunting be banned? Cast your vote. Put your paws up for animals!
Did you know I make games? :D
Meow.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Re: Trophy Hunting- It Must End!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 08:47:29 pm »
i'm fine with trophy hunting so long as it follows the game laws of the area and is done in a humane manner
the only real big game hunt i'd ever consider doing would be for population control or if the animal's too old to live on and is taking up a space.

what you are thinking of i think is poaching which is inhumane and unnecessary. it's also already illegal in quite a big portion of the world.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2019, 09:08:42 pm »
i'm really on the fence with trophy hunting as a whole, but like what jango said if it follows wildlife laws and done in a manner that isn't destructive, i believe it's fine. not my sort of thing though.

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2019, 09:13:29 pm »
I agree with Jango on this. There’s not much more to say. Also the poll answers you provided are unnecessary and a bit bias.
This is a very serious topic and too serious in my opinion for this forum.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 10:40:44 pm by Valar.Morghulis »

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2019, 09:31:07 pm »
I also agree with Jango on this matter. As long as it follows the law in the state and isn't done wrongfully I do not see too much of an issue with it.

As for the discussion - perhaps a staff member can approve or disapprove it, Valar. I personally don't think it is too bad but maybe the wording can be changed? Up to the staffers.
not active here anymore ♡

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2019, 09:49:56 pm »
Yes of course Essa, I wasn’t saying that it’s not their choice, just stating my opinion on topics like this. :)

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

illogicalFish

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2019, 10:10:12 pm »
If anything Trophy hunting helps!?

It can get rid of hazardous animals to an already dwindling population. It can get rid of an unbreedable animal that is taking up territory that a breedable animal can't take. It can help human populations for gods sake. :/ Trophy hunting also helps the home country where the animal lives. Say a black rhino is too old to breed and has killed multiple human AND other black rhinos.

The organization pays the hunter to kill the animal as long as they take everything. Most of the time it is someone in the country who needs the money and food. The hunter, no takes care of the issue and gets paid. It does matter who kills the animal, but usually the person or people who kill the animal use EVERYTHING or give parts away!

Not to mention the poll answers are VERY bias. Please do your research before doing stuff like this.

EDIT: Poachers are the ones who hunt withOUT permission and often hunt in conservation parks. They do NOT use everything and only take the parts they want to sell. Often the animals they kill are too young to even have the things they need such as ivory and big sellable pelts. They are the ones you should be blaming.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 10:13:30 pm by illogicalFish »