Author Topic: Angel's Random Guide To Feral-Heart (For Windows)  (Read 2694 times)

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
Angel's Random Guide To Feral-Heart (For Windows)
« on: May 17, 2018, 12:56:11 am »
I've been wanting to make some sort of huge guide talking about what Feral-Heart is, what people do, what things are and how to deal with common errors or problems in the game that are an easy but often unknown fix to many new people. So, here it is...

Angel's Random Guide To Feral-Heart
It's here because it is.

What's What?

Maps are places throughout the game. They're the areas you visit. Other games might have "rooms" or something like that, but we call them maps. People sometimes make their own, which can be downloaded and played on from Cape Of Distant Worlds.

Presets are basically player made character designs. People can put them up for manual download, or use Preset Sync so everyone using it can have it automatically downloaded. Please note Preset Sync will not work for Mac and Linux users.

Movie clips are short videos made by players usually focused on their characters with some text, camera movement, and actions which can be timed. People usually only use these for RP advertisements though.

Groups are made by a single person who can invite others or get requests to join. They have a separate text channel for people who are members of the groups.

Parties are like groups but go away once you log out. They also have a text channel for members and may be used for temporary RPs or messing around in the game with friends.

"E button of doom" is the dash button people accidentally press when typing. This isn't anything serious I just wanted to say what it was.

Common Erros And Fixes

Not connecting to the front server? Make sure you're logged into the Play Game tab here.

Blank White Chracters, or sometimes called Marshmallows are caused by other players using a marking pack. I recommend finding one and installing it. Inside or somewhere online will be a tutorial on how to use them, but this should fix the problem.

Wrong Items sometimes appear when people are using different item packs. I'd say find the most popular one and use it to fix most of this problem, though it can't entirely be solved at this moment.

Crashing can be caused by anything from the smallest file to a major error. If you've recently downloaded anything for Feral-Heart or edited the files, try undoing it. It may be a good idea to have a backup folder for your Media file, located in the main Feral-Heart file itself. If you start crashing and can't find the source, you might have to use the backup. Crashing can really be so many things, so I can't really cover it all, but this is a start to fixing it.

"Could not find movie #" is a simple error I find myself in every now and then. Just log off and back on or restart the game and it'll be fine.

Codes, Folders And Files

my_presets is where you can make your own Presets for your characters. There are 12 total that you can make.

media contains most of the content for the game. I've messed around with it for a while now and know what pretty much everything is for.
      Items contains all the data for the items you can customize your character with.

Matriels seem to be for major textures in the game. Not the actual textures exactly, but the text files that actually add them in.

Models are for major 3D models, mostly for the character creation.

Music simply contains the music in the game.

Objects are things placed throughout the maps like rocks, structures, trees, etc. my_objects are for ones you've downloaded or made to use in your own maps.

Overlays (I'm actually not sure about this being I've never messed with it, but judging by the contents) seem to be for the menus and tabs.

Particles are for a certain kind of object like fire, smoke, stars, etc. Basically, to put it short, an emitter.

Sky is for weather and cycles, like snow, rain, sand, etc, as well as changing sky colors throughout the in-game day.

Sounds simply contain various sound effects used in the game.

Terrains contain height maps and masks, images used to change the level of the ground and the textures on the ground. They also contain information about different maps. textures are images that can be used on the ground of maps.

Textures contain various graphics for the game. Mostly GUI stuff. Markings contain the designs of the markings you can put on your character. Masks are the different colors on the characters (I believe) and the shading. Splashscreens are images that show when loading.

Exports is meant for custom maps that you've downloaded. Depending on the map, you may have more files that go in other folders, but Exports is for the main stuff.

screenshots is a folder just for the screenshots you take in-game.

Have something you'd want me to address here? Let me know and I can add it! :D I'm gonna be adding more to this soon hopefully. If anyone noticed an error, feel free to point it out, as I don't know everything about Feral-Heart, so may mess up. Thank you all for reading! :3
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 11:48:06 am by A.P.S. »

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Angel's Random Guide To Feral-Heart
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 04:44:22 am »
I’ll move this thread over to the Miscellaneous Tutorials board, since you have created a guide to help users become more informed about features regarding the game and website. ^^ Thank you for compiling this together—I’m sure it will be of great advantage to those new to the game or those in need of further detail on some aspects.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 05:59:40 am »
I’ll move this thread over to the Miscellaneous Tutorials board, since you have created a guide to help users become more informed about features regarding the game and website. ^^ Thank you for compiling this together—I’m sure it will be of great advantage to those new to the game or those in need of further detail on some aspects.

Alright! I wasn't sure about posting it there or where it was, so thank you! I'll hopefully add more stuff later, like the .cfg files and such. I may also do some basic information about the forums.

Offline SenseiRei

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
  • ❤️ Plz Nuzzle me! I'm super Cuddly ❤️
    • royaldog12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 04:06:34 am »
@A.P.S. Hit up reminder that Preset Sync has stopped working for mac/linux users for awhile since 1.15... since its an "EXE" the little "PlayOnMac"/"PlayOnLinux" program sees it as a program that cannot be implemented to FH...

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 04:19:37 am »
Wow this is pretty thorough! It’s so kind of you to take the time to work this up. I’m pretty sure a number of people will appreciate this :) Good work <3

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 11:45:50 am »
@A.P.S. Hit up reminder that Preset Sync has stopped working for mac/linux users for awhile since 1.15... since its an "EXE" the little "PlayOnMac"/"PlayOnLinux" program sees it as a program that cannot be implemented to FH...

Ah, this is just for Windows as it's the only one I have any experience with. I'll add that it's just for windows though!

Wow this is pretty thorough! It’s so kind of you to take the time to work this up. I’m pretty sure a number of people will appreciate this :) Good work <3
I accidentally pressed submit halfway through when trying to preview, so it was kinda weird having part of it done, but I think it was finished after a couple hours, even though I did take some breaks. But thank you! :D

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Angel's Random Guide To Feral-Heart (For Windows)
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 03:51:49 pm »
lol I hate when that happens, it has happened to me a couple times on here too. It always leaves your thread looking all awkward.

Offline SenseiRei

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
  • ❤️ Plz Nuzzle me! I'm super Cuddly ❤️
    • royaldog12
    • View Profile
Re: Angel's Random Guide To Feral-Heart (For Windows)
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2018, 04:59:05 pm »
IK I was gonna delete that how dumb of I))