Author Topic: FH Preset Sync (Upload your presets for public viewing) NOT 1.17 COMPATABLE YET  (Read 190377 times)

Offline razmirz

• The Janitor (Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me)
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 301
  • Soul Nomming Goodness
    • View Profile
DOES NOT WORK WITH 1.17 YET

This preset sync will allow you to receive presets uploaded to the server automatically. No more sending your preset to everyone and no more downloading every preset. (Note you don't have to install the sync on your pc to share your preset installation is just to receive. If you can't install for whatever reason skip straight down to Uploading Presets.)

Important note if you have a limited internet connection or very little space this addon might not be for you

Get it here 18th of Feb updated again the download should be much more efficient. Please please provide feedback in the thread! I am unable to fully test it myself.
https://feral-heart.com/DL/PresetSyncSetup.exe

The first run might take a while at present there are over 800 presets to sync.

No tutorial for now but it shouldn't be needed any more just install like you did the game run it and enjoy.
Sorry no MAC/Linux or Windows XP support.
Mac/Linux support may return later

Quick explanation of the folder layout you get with preset sync
  • presets             (Reset at each game run. Only use this to copy out any presets you export)
  • PrivatePresets    (Treat this like the old presets folder copy your exported presets in and any presets from others. These override the Public Presets)
  • PublicPresets     (Where presets from the server appear don't put anything in here)

Note if you don't use your account for a month your preset will be automatically removed. You can just reupload when you come back though!

Old setup information no longer needed
Update Added XP Support Linux/Mac support can be found here

Before we begin, I advise you make a copy of your FH folder in case anything goes wrong.

Firstly, you need my modified version of the FH game executable. Vista Win7 and Win8 users can get this here XP users can find it here

XP users have two requirements:
  • You must be an administrator the first time you run the new game file.
  • Your hard drive must be in NTFS format (most are you can check by going to "My Computer" right clicking the drive where you have FH installed and clicking properties)

Now replace FeralHeart.exe from your FeralHeart Folder (normally C:\FeralHeart\) with the copy you just downloaded, Then run the game.

Once the game runs you should now find you have 3 folders in your FeralHeart folder:
  • presets             (Reset at each game run. Only use this to copy out any presets you export)
  • PrivatePresets    (Treat this like the old presets folder copy your exported presets in and any presets from others)
  • PublicPresets     (Where presets from the server appear don't put anything in here)

You will find your presets are now in 'PrivatePresets' and links to them are found in 'presets'. Once we have public presets, links to those will also be merged into the presets folder.

Quick note about PrivatePresets they have priority over public ones so if you have an old private preset for someone you will not see any updates for them if they upload it publicly.

Warning: do not put anything in the public folder or modify anything as you may break the sync system.

Now thats setup we are ready to receive some presets.

Download and run BittorrentSync from here

Then follow the Screenshots bellow. Some I have listed as Optional but I do recommend them.

Optional: I untick the quicklaunch and desktop options here as I feel they are unneeded.
Click next

Click Install

Choose you have a secret and enter "BTQI4TBSVH3KCDNQ7X6NU3QZVA55RD3IY"
Read agree and next

Browse and select your PublicPreset folder
Next again

Now we can Skip

From here on is optional but recomended
Open BTSync if it doesnt automatically you should see this window

Right click and choose show folder preferences

Click properties, Check the boxes as follows then click add

Fill in the server info then hit ok twice

Now hit preferences you probably want to untick the notifications as they will likely become annoying and you may want to change your computers name as other users can read this.
Hit apply and we are done

Now for uploading your presets

For those who have used the character reset, you will find it just below on the same page.

For those who haven't Login at the top of the site and click "User Panel"
There you will find an upload form.

If your preset is too big see here

As long as you keep using the game, your presets will stay. If you don't enter the game for 30 days your presets will be removed to make space on users PCs.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 09:11:02 pm by Morgra »
Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
Re: FH Preset Sync
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 03:26:27 am »
Awesome<3

Thanks for putting this together for us, Raz. I know it'll be a great way for everyone to share their presets, and we really appreciate it!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 03:36:09 am by WhiteLightHeart »
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

SoulRevenge

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 03:43:57 am »
thIS IS SO CONVENIENT

wow im
thank you for adding this really cool thing for us razzle dazzle
and im sorry for calling you that really i am but

this addition is so convenient yes
it does have a razzle dazzle to it
im so sorr y

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 03:51:36 am »

and im sorry for calling you that really i am but

Raz stands for Razzle Dazzle so that's fine hun :)

But yes this new addition to the game is really awesome and helpful. Be sure to send lots of love to Razzle Dazzle everyone!  Many thanks Raz ;D

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 04:12:12 am »
Im so glad you set this up for us Raz ouo, This is such a amazing idea and a huge time saver for a lot of us.
Well done -shakes my sprinkles at you-
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline Shadow Team

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 06:31:48 am »
But Raz.... I'm too lazy...

Hehe... I'll do it later. xP

Offline Transatlantic

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Friendly Neighbourhood Blue Dog Thing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 11:36:51 am »
This is a great idea, Raz. ;U;

now maybe if i made a john madden preset everyone could see his face

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 12:34:18 pm »
Yes omg.
Thank you so much Raz, this is great.

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2013, 12:54:11 pm »
I should probably post this in game help, but I have an error...

Probably could be a problem with this darn computer, but... anyone have any idea what I should do about this? :P
But yeah, this is awesome. :o Thanks so much Raz! :3

Offline razmirz

• The Janitor (Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me)
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 301
  • Soul Nomming Goodness
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2013, 01:03:04 pm »
See that normally if you just try to run the feralheart.exe rather that using it to replace the existing one in your feralheart folder. The other occasion I've seen that is if your running XP.
Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me