Author Topic: Technical Difficulties  (Read 894 times)

Offline Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
Technical Difficulties
« on: March 17, 2019, 02:20:27 am »
For some reason everytime I set my Video Mode to "1280 x 720" and also, "Direct3D6"  it crashes! then when I reopen it, I get this message!

« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 02:25:19 am by Oddonelynx »

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
Re: Technical Difficulties
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 02:37:06 am »
Here is a quote from The Big Help Thread explaining both ways to change your rendering system if the simple fix does not work! c:

The absolute first thing you want to try is to change the rendering mode for the game. There's different rendering modes you can pick from, usually OpenGL and Direct3D9. This decides which way your graphic card should process the game. This one is at standard set to OpenGL, so we'd want to set it to Direct3D9.

There are two ways you can change this setting.

How to fix it!
Either you start the game, go into the Options menu (can be accessed by pressing the Escape key on your computer), click the Video tab, and then change the rendering subsystem and restart the game.

Sometimes you aren't able to even enter the game, and all you can hear is the menu music, or it just crashes directly after launch. Those who experience this can enter the Feralheart folder located in C:\FeralHeart at standard, find the file called "Ogre.cfg" and open it with Notepad.

This file works just as the ingame options menu, but instead of buttons and sliders, there's text.

What we're interested in is the top row

Set the top row text so it is just like in the picture with the text
Code: [Select]
Render System=Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem

Save the file, and close it. Next time you run the game it should boot with the new settings you applied. You can also change your Rendering system by setting it to OpenGl instead of Direct3D9.

Even though this solves the graphical problems for most, there's still some unlucky ferals out there that the problems still remain, but there's still one more thing you can try, and that is to update your graphic card drivers.

A computer is hardware, and with time it gets old just like any other thing in this world. If you had your computer for a while, and never updated the drivers, this might be the cause for FeralHeart not to work correctly. Installing Drivers for your computer is like installing any other program that it might need, though knowing how to do this might be tricky, so check the tutorial on how to Here!

If you already tried this and it's not working, chances are that your computer is getting old and can't handle the game. Installing drivers might help, but you're still running the same hardware. Try the game on another computer instead.
not active here anymore ♡

Offline Oddonelynx

• Community Champion
    • BOTOFan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 02:44:52 am »
Here is a quote from The Big Help Thread explaining both ways to change your rendering system if the simple fix does not work! c:

The absolute first thing you want to try is to change the rendering mode for the game. There's different rendering modes you can pick from, usually OpenGL and Direct3D9. This decides which way your graphic card should process the game. This one is at standard set to OpenGL, so we'd want to set it to Direct3D9.

There are two ways you can change this setting.

How to fix it!
Either you start the game, go into the Options menu (can be accessed by pressing the Escape key on your computer), click the Video tab, and then change the rendering subsystem and restart the game.

Sometimes you aren't able to even enter the game, and all you can hear is the menu music, or it just crashes directly after launch. Those who experience this can enter the Feralheart folder located in C:\FeralHeart at standard, find the file called "Ogre.cfg" and open it with Notepad.

This file works just as the ingame options menu, but instead of buttons and sliders, there's text.

What we're interested in is the top row

Set the top row text so it is just like in the picture with the text
Code: [Select]
Render System=Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem

Save the file, and close it. Next time you run the game it should boot with the new settings you applied. You can also change your Rendering system by setting it to OpenGl instead of Direct3D9.

Even though this solves the graphical problems for most, there's still some unlucky ferals out there that the problems still remain, but there's still one more thing you can try, and that is to update your graphic card drivers.

A computer is hardware, and with time it gets old just like any other thing in this world. If you had your computer for a while, and never updated the drivers, this might be the cause for FeralHeart not to work correctly. Installing Drivers for your computer is like installing any other program that it might need, though knowing how to do this might be tricky, so check the tutorial on how to Here!

If you already tried this and it's not working, chances are that your computer is getting old and can't handle the game. Installing drivers might help, but you're still running the same hardware. Try the game on another computer instead.

It just crashed, and the settings, well reset..

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 02:50:53 am »
Do you have any duplicate particles in your particle folder?

Feralheart > media > particles.

If you find any ending in _01, or any of the sorts delete them and restart. c:

Offline Oddonelynx

• Community Champion
    • BOTOFan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 05:53:44 pm »
Nope, nothing in my particles folder..

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2019, 06:08:02 pm »
Hmm. I would try lowering your screen resolution as sometimes a higher resolution can crash the game.

Offline Oddonelynx

• Community Champion
    • BOTOFan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2019, 10:20:47 pm »
How do I do that?

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2019, 10:32:28 pm »
Run as Administrator (right click the icon and select that option) and once you get the first screen before the game opens (the one you first posted) head down to 'Video Mode' and try a lower screen resolution. ^^

Offline Oddonelynx

• Community Champion
    • BOTOFan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2019, 09:50:36 pm »
Luckily I got it solved, thanks for your help!

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2019, 09:57:15 pm »
Happy to have helped and pleased to hear the problem has been solved. <3 Have fun!