Author Topic: recovering a lost preset?  (Read 736 times)

Offline COYOTE94

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • gay gay homosexual gay
    • coyotethistle
    • View Profile
    • art
recovering a lost preset?
« on: April 02, 2019, 10:02:42 pm »
so here's the deal: my old computer died on me last summer - probably bc it was getting old and its components just failed - and so my hard drive is pretty much trashed (its data is fine, i just cant boot from it now!)
i dont have any money to buy a cable for it to backup my stuff in case something does happen; and along with everything else, the preset i made for my oc jamie is on there, and since i cant get to any of my data atm shes just kinda stuck on there for now
is there any way to extract the data from the export i still have and use that until i can get a cable?? i really dont wanna redo it all over again and i wanna find an alternative if possible!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 10:05:08 pm by D0GG0RE »

COYOTE | THEY/IT

Offline yourlocalcrow

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 43
  • they/them
    • View Profile
    • my deviantArt
Re: recovering a lost preset?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 08:22:44 pm »
Hi! I'm afraid there's no way to get the my_preset files back without getting onto your old hard drive. However, if you uploaded it to preset sync, you will be able to still see your preset as it will download onto your computer with the rest of the sync.

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
Re: recovering a lost preset?
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 01:18:56 am »
If you uploaded the preset to anything such as Mediafire and were to download it you would be able to wear the preset again by placing it in "presets", however you wouldn't have the actual preset image files anymore.

You may be able to contact a staff member and see if there's anything they may be able to help you with. If not, this may be your only option. If any friends or there is anyway you can get the .fhp I'd just take that and use it for now, re-do it in the future if need-be. :(

Downloading the .fhp file will make it visible to you on the character it was last on and it'll still be able to be placed on your characters / found in preset maker, as long as you didn't overwrite the preset # with a different preset you should be aye okay that way.
artwork by dehvina