Game & Forum Discussion > Forum Discussion

New Names for Forum Ranks?

(1/5) > >>

LordSuragaha:
 If you could rename any or all of the forum ranks, what would you name them? Would you add more?

Default Forum Rank Names

Experienced Member       
Dedicated Member         
Elder Member                 
Elite Member                 
Legendary Member 

Personally I don't hate the current names but always thought there isn't a clear "growth" concept in them. Like some of them make no sense in succession to each other. Ex: Elder to Elite ???

Should the names even go in order of growth or do any of you have more creative ideas? I'd love to see what some of your come up with :)

Astraea:
I like this discussion, it hasn't been brought up before. They are a tad outdated but I think they do need some fixing in regards to the names and growth. These are my thoughts on it and I will try to fit the theme of the forum as I would love to.<3

Novice                   
Novice Member               
Experienced Member     
Devoted Member     
Committed Member                 
Elder Member               
Veteran Member               
Legendary Member

Edit: I also like the other options of having them be 'floofs' or something different and creative. I am not opposed to those ideas either. :>

turtlies:
ooh this is an interesting topic actually

I agree with the growth not being too clear. Ask me if Sr. Member or Experienced Member is a higher rank than the other and I'll have no clue. But I think they should be more 'cutesy' or applicable to FH stuff. I'm not too full of ideas on what that would exactly be, but more naturalistic or using FH 'in-jokes' like the word Floof. Not sure about other older jokes like "matebeggar" or "official simba", might get a lot of help threads about those ones lol

Could probably cut down on a few of the ranks, honestly. Or adjust them a bit--most forum members do tend to rack up a fair amount of posts, so I think the ranks could be more evenly spread out into the higher numbers instead of having 5 different ranks up to 250 posts. Doesn't give you much time to uhhh savour the rank name, if that makes any sense xP

Couple name ideas off the top of my head:
- Newbie could probably stay, that's a pretty general and easy to understand one.
- Frequent Floof, Ultimate Floof, Legendary Floof... Floof.
- Map-specific titles? Grounds Settler, Zama Grotto Spelunker, Ficho Tunnels Adventurer, Bonfire Islands Wanderer, etc... probably got some better descriptors than I do lol

Ellen11v:
This is an interesting discussion Sura! I’ve also been thinking about how these default ranks sound, and to me I just find it boring and not creative that almost every single rank name ends with the word “member”. They would sound more special without that word, am I right?
So here are my ideas of how they could be replaced, and also in order:

Newbie = Plebe
Jr. Member = Floofie
Sr. Member = Champ
Experienced Member = Lieutenant
Dedicated Member = Dominant
Full Member = Expert
Elder Member = Veteran
Elite Member = Guru
Hero Member = Hotshot
Legendary Member = True Savior

Thoughts? :D My favorite one of mine is Veteran.

A.P.S.:
Yeah, not only are they too hard to tell just how high up a rank is based on name alone, but there are way too many. I'd cut it in half more or less honestly.

Inside joke names would be cute too, I like the idea of using "Floofs" but I'm afraid of it causing confusion with the Floof-O-Meter.

Personally though, I think animal themed names would be cool, maybe even changing depending on the animal you assigned yourself in the profile? Or at least feline and canine based. Though I'm not sure how many ranks you could make out of it, you could go from "Cub" to "Pride Leader" perhaps? Or "Pup" to "Pack Leader" similarly.

I also like the idea of appearing as any rank lower than your current. Maybe someone just likes the idea of being called a certain rank name for personal reasons, or dislikes the name of their current rank. It's not always something the people making the names can help, it's just preference.

Sorry to not give much of a list, but rather backup what was said and give more indirect input. The animal age based rank names were the best I could come up with, and even then might fall short.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version