Game & Forum Discussion > Forum Discussion

[Community] Player Feedback

<< < (3/9) > >>

Ironic:
Well my concern is...

New members - When a new member register and makes a thread/comment, they have to wait for the staff to approve their message. I remember doing this at the time, and I was pretty annoyed by it, which I understand if it drives people away. I think the approval post should be removed. If the user posts happens to be bad, then this why we have staff to give the appropriate punishment. Otherwise, I think that's heading the wrong direction.

This is one of my feedbacks...I am not sure if I am doing this right :nervous_laugh:

PanzerWulff:

--- Quote from: Ironic on April 11, 2021, 10:14:43 pm ---Well my concern is...

New members - When a new member register and makes a thread/comment, they have to wait for the staff to approve their message. I remember doing this at the time, and I was pretty annoyed by it, which I understand if it drives people away. I just think the approval post should be removed. If the user posts happens to be bad, then this why we have staff to given the appropriate punishment. Otherwise, I think that's heading the wrong direction.

This is one of my feedbacks...I am not sure if I am doing this right :nervous_laugh:

--- End quote ---

I agree, but I do understand why it's there though as it's most likely to stop the likes of new users or "fakes" and "trolls" creating an account and just spamming forums with absolute nonsense, so that way with the message approval system the MODS can choose wether to accept or delete messages and spare the community from any rubbish they would have said. 

Bloo.:

--- Quote from: LethalChill on April 11, 2021, 10:32:43 pm ---

New members - When a new member register and makes a thread/comment, they have to wait for the staff to approve their message. I remember doing this at the time, and I was pretty annoyed by it, which I understand if it drives people away. I just think the approval post should be removed. If the user posts happens to be bad, then this why we have staff to given the appropriate punishment. Otherwise, I think that's heading the wrong direction.

--- End quote ---

I agree, but I do understand why it's there though as it's most likely to stop the likes of new users or "fakes" and "trolls" creating an account and just spamming forums with absolute nonsense, so that way with the message approval system the MODS can choose wether to accept or delete messages and spare the community from any rubbish they would have said. 

--- End quote ---
Exactly that ^^ A number of popular forum sites use this same strategy to prevent spammers and trollers from going bananas lol I know it can be a hassle, although I definitely agree that at least the minimum number of posts to be approved before not having to go through that anymore could be reduced!

Ironic:

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Oh, I totally understand why it was applied to the system..I guess I just felt bad for the users in the Game Help section since I know they don't want to wait for a staff to approve their post...I just know they want to receive feedback quickly, so they hope onto the game. Perhaps certain boards can have the approval system? For example:

No approve:
-Forum games
-Game Help/Site Help

Approval:
Whatever else is left in the forum

Bloo.:

--- Quote from: Ironic on April 11, 2021, 10:39:36 pm ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Oh, I totally understand why it was applied to the system..I guess I just felt bad for the users in the Game Help section since I know they don't want to wait for a staff to approve their post...I just know they want to receive feedback quickly, so they hope onto the game. Perhaps certain boards can have the approval system? For example:

No approve:
-Forum games
-Game Help/Site Help

Approval:
Whatever else is left in the forum

--- End quote ---

Oooh I quite like that idea actually! It's only a couple of boards we'd have to keep an eye on for potential spammers/trollers as opposed to the entire site, though it still allows new members to participate with the community via forum games and get quicker help thread responses c:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version