Poll

Thoughts on these groups?

We need to give new, less stressful ways for people to have fun.
8 (36.4%)
We should give younger people a chance.
4 (18.2%)
Half of them should be like this but the other half should be less mature.
8 (36.4%)
I think that they bring order to FH. We only need these rps.
2 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: November 12, 2018, 12:43:13 am

Author Topic: Thoughts on all these literate, mapped, and sited groups?  (Read 3321 times)

Offline money

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Hardly fit my mittens!
    • foxxygrandpaa
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on all these literate, mapped, and sited groups?
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2018, 12:36:05 am »
In all honesty, I see the appeal of these groups. Sited allows a private forum for discussion, so not everyone has to be on at the same time. Mapped is private and can be made your own, as barren of a wasteland as you'd like or a little city. I have no problem with these at all. I do prefer literate roleplays myself, simply because it's more pleasing than one line replies and purposefully lazy grammar.

However, it is very nice to be able to relax or multitask while roleplaying rather than putting all of my time into it, in my personal opinion. The only thing that really rubs me the wrong way is that some of these groups don't allow roleplay newbies, not giving them an environment to learn and grow as a storyteller. Of course, this generally has to do with their preferences rather than a personal dislike for the newbie.

Overall, people can do what they want. I just wish some groups were a bit less intimidating, is all. <3
Don't be afraid to shoot me a pm! <3

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2018, 05:54:39 am »
Literate: When trying to write paragraphs in my early days of roleplaying, I was a little pressed for words as I lacked a big vocabulary of words to use in roleplay, and I didn't want anything to sound too repetitive.

Mapped: I like mapped, gives the group a change of scenery from the public maps that I'm used to.

Sited: I don't like to register to a site, because then I have yet another password to remember.

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline ChaoticKagura

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2018, 11:24:06 am »
I would really love to see this game have monthly openings, like Flightrising does. Even openings every few months. I understand you can't allow people to just join WHENEVER but, I remember joining this years ago and I had to basically stalk it non stop, waiting for an opening. Thank God I was a youngun and had no responsibilities or I wouldn't have been able to get an account. XD

Having scheduled openings would be soooo much better for this community. You'd get lots of new people at the same time; they could group together instead of having to try and assimilate with more experienced RPers. This game has so few people compared to what it used to be, and I'm guessing a big reason is cos of the way the openings work, and that's really sad.

Offline AntsyCat

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • "No Rain no Flowers"
    • deviantart.com/antsycat
    • https://twitter.com/antsy_cat
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2018, 01:49:52 am »
I think there are plenty of semi-lit to illiterate roleplays out there, people just don't really know where to look for them. It seems like most of them are actually found in maps other than TG where it seems like most people normally recruit for their roleplays.

I personally prefer literate, plotted, and realistic roleplays since I'm a WCRPer and that always seems to require a bit more organization (that really foes for anything with over one group per rp not just WCRPs) but I did enjoy seeing more mapless/any literacy rps just kind of running around FP back in the day even though I wouldn't really join them now adays

Find me on my character Antsy or within the rp The Wild Woods!~

I'm always open to pms or whispers on FH!

Discord: Antsycat #3203

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
Pot Meet Kettle
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2018, 02:22:49 am »
Sad but true.

I do like seeing literate roleplays here and there, but I don't like it when some of these literate roleplayers can act so condescending to some of the younger, newer, or less advanced roleplayers in this game. Back in the old days of Feral Heart, more people were more open to roleplaying no matter the skill level. Nowadays not so much.

I think the reason we see a decline in some fun roleplays is because some of these "literate" roleplayers keep discouraging, shaming, or nit-picking who they roleplay with. Pretty much they're running people off with the condescending attitudes! Are all of them like that? No! However, I see it happen frequently here in the game. In fact, I just ran into such a person today.

Story time.

Note: Usernames have been blurred out to protect the identities of the players.... even the rude ones.

There was someone who was looking for a wolf pack roleplay to join, and they advertised their wish on movie. I tried to help them out by throwing out some suggestions (We communicated through movies). I noticed a wolf pack gathered around one den of Kibou Ridge and asked her if she tried asking that pack to join. She told me she had not tried them, but she was going to. Suddenly, one of their members made their own movie reply by saying, "Plz dont point us out unless there literate". Pretty much they didn't want her to join their pack unless she was literate. This member was not the leader of the roleplay and they were already calling that shot out.

I couldn't believe it!
Who am I kidding? Of course I could believe it. How dare I try to help someone find a wolf pack roleplay group they've been searching for? The nerve of me! All I was doing was trying to help someone find a group they could get to know, and someone gets their panties in a wad about it. I understand if they have a roleplay standard in their group, but to be RUDE about it is really uncalled for. One of the other members of the pack did apologize (the member whose name is blurred out in black). So that proves that not all of them were uptight.
The user I helped went up and met the leader of the group. Whatever happened then, I'm not sure. Maybe she was taken into the group, or maybe not.

As for my response to the movie message....

What's the moral of this story? One, don't be a jerk to people. Two, give people a chance. I'm not saying you have to let EVERYONE into your roleplay. If you have standards that's fine, just don't act like a jerk to those who may not be as "skilled" as you are. This is a game for all ages, loosen up some. Don't drive people away with such condescending attitudes. Is it too much to ask?
Inactive