Author Topic: Is this game still alive?  (Read 2292 times)

Offline ChaoticKagura

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Is this game still alive?
« on: November 02, 2018, 10:57:12 am »
I'm an old member coming back from 2013-2014. This game was a big part of my life at the time, I'd even call it a part of my childhood. I had a group of close friends at the time who I roleplayed regularly with, but when we all got busier and our schedules changed, we eventually stopped coming on as we couldn't be on at the same times and didn't want to find a new group. Several years later and I still check in on this game every few months, even popped in the server once in a while, but it seems pretty lifeless compared to how it was? However, the maps changed, so I may be looking in the wrong place for groups (used to be Fluorite Plains.)

I wouldn't know better than the more active members is what I'm saying, so, is this game still alive? How has it changed? Would it be worth my time to get involved in the community again as someone who is now a much more mature and experienced writer than I was?

Offline Notorious.

• Cinnamon Roll
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • Noto for short
    • View Profile
Re: Is this game still alive?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 11:42:42 am »
That's very unfortunate, Chaotic. Though I, however, have been in the same situation as you before. This was last year or whatnot but I had a group of friends I hanged out with regularly until all of them had to focus on other things outside of FH. I kinda lost interest in the game since I didn't know what to do. I was pretty much picky on joining groups as well but once I finally decided to hop into a new group, I made a ton of friends that I still contact up to this day.

I'm online almost all the time and what I can say is that a lot has changed overtime. We have a new, wonderful staff team and I'm pretty sure there'll be a lot planned for the community as time goes on. From my perspective, the game is pretty active (mostly during the afternoon for me) but it gets quiet when it's the morning (for my timezone at least). If you still find interest in the game and/or roleplaying, then stay! We'd all love to see you around! Though your fate in the game is not my decision. You should make the choice that feels right to you.

All in all, the best advice I can give you is to go out there and make new friends! Join groups that interest you and participate in the FH events. If you ever need someone to hang out with or talk to, hmu anytime when I'm online! I don't mind.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 12:23:16 pm by Notorious. »

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 12:07:33 pm »
The game is still alive, yes. Perhaps there are a lot less people than there were before, but that is I guess what you could call, life.
Some didn't like the Update, some left due to illness or school. There are lot's of reasons as to why people don't play feral heart that much anymore.
But what I noticed, in my experience, is that even people who left, eventually come back.
They come back even just for a few days, to check out new maps and see how it is.
Almost everyone I knew from 2012-2013 came back. Unless they changed usernames so I can't recognize them.
There will be more updates in the future, which will hopefully bring more ''feral heart vibes'' into feral heart.
If you get what I mean.
More ''unrealistic'' rocks, maps etc.
I think that will make people more interested in the game again, if it's done right, which I think it will be.

There aren't a lot of role plays going around as there were before, but you can always go ahead and take a peek at the roleplay advetising board in the Forum.
There are quite a few still active role plays which you could join.

Why don't you try to get involved in the community and see how it works out for you? c:

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 04:19:54 pm »
All games will have ups and downs in activity based on actions taken in updates, events, or just general lack of motivation coming from the playerbase. FeralHeart, in my opinion, has probably suffered a lot of decrease in activity from players since the last Update. A lot of people were left appalled to know that their beloved (now old) FH maps had been removed and could no longer be visited and relive memories from the good old days, unless they truly wanted to download a mod that provided players with the old FH maps. Sadly, despite this mod, no one really visits these old maps anyway, a lot of players believe this update was a big step in "FeralHeart's downfall".

However, I have no doubt that what will be brought to the table in the coming future will gradually bring back old members and encourage the arrivals of new ones for specific reasons I will not state here. A lot of plans are being made and put to use in the Staff team and a lot of work has already been done but is not yet going to be released, although expect something to appear very soon, sooner than you may think in fact.

This game has been running for many, many years and has had many, many bumps, yet we're still here and this shows that a lot of us still have the dedication to overcome these bumps. I most definitely have faith in this game to continue running and eventually recover from recent situations that have now been resolved, as well as hope that what Staff have in mind for FH's future will open a lot more opportunities in terms of members feeling a lot more attached to this game.

Conclusively, yes, this game is still in fact alive and well.
It doesn't have all of the features and unique roleplays that it had before the patch. Yet, in the future and in terms of what is being done for the game, we hope that these unique roleplays will return and much newer ones will be created with lots of different twists and turns in themes. In the meantime however, I'd say - hang tight and don't lose hope, because progress is being made every day and what is going to be in store, will hopefully make the game even more alive, perhaps than ever before.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 05:43:26 pm »
although expect something to appear very soon, sooner than you may think in fact.

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

PocketMutt

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2018, 10:42:36 am »
I think it's fitting that you said you are a more mature and experienced writer now since I believe that FH itself has matured. Although there was undeniably a drop in activity since the map update, a lot of people's assumption about the lack of activity is misplaced if you consider it's just a matter of there being a lot less rambunctious in-game behavior than before. Most people and rp groups now keep to themselves and/or are on private maps-- but they are active ! It's just a matter of finding a group and then you'll start to see how active everything really is. We're still kicking but maybe not as wildly as before (and I think that's a good thing). There are things to come and lots to discover for yourself. I think it's well worth becoming involved again !

wolfdog01

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2018, 05:16:18 pm »
I don't think the game is dead, not yet at least. When I came into the scene, in early 2012, there was usually an average of 700-1,000 people online. The forums were pretty active and the lag was insane lol I left around 2015ish I think and I didn't permentantly return until this year. A lot has changed, you got that right lol. Less people are here, the forum seems to be less active, and now the usual number of people online is between 200-300. It's taken some heavy hits recently with the whole October issue but I think we got back on our feet pretty fast. Things are moving smoothly and last month I met a new member who said they had been trying for ages to get an account and they hung out with me and a small group the whole night lol. Sometimes it can get hectic in the maps like it used to and I love it lol. There are still updates in the making and events being held. The new staff is very active and helpful. I think it is only natural that the number of people have declined over the years, but I don't think we will be dying out any time soon. I mean...heck with the whole October thing, people thought it was the end of the world for FH, but here we still are. FH can survive pretty much anything I think lol thr community has been nuked so many times but we're still standing. So no, I don't think FH had died, it's just a little more challenging now to find people is all.

Offline AntsyCat

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • "No Rain no Flowers"
    • deviantart.com/antsycat
    • https://twitter.com/antsy_cat
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2018, 01:36:27 am »
I actually think this game is coming back up from the dead tbh, it felt dead there for awhile but I'm seeing more and more people online every day and out around TG. Along with that it seems like the new staff are very involved and updates are already starting to come up to better the future of FH

I for one don't see this game dying soon with how things are going rn

Find me on my character Antsy or within the rp The Wild Woods!~

I'm always open to pms or whispers on FH!

Discord: Antsycat #3203

Offline GarySinise

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • No Guts, No Glory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2019, 06:54:41 pm »
It's definitely quieter than it used to be, I've been here since 2012 and had a small hiatus in 2014-2016. Much changed when I came back, the players, the staff, the maps, but if you look closely it's still the same game, same rules, same heart. If you really throw yourself in you will still get a great experience from it, I recommend playing again!