Author Topic: FeralHeart and social skills  (Read 3586 times)

Offline gh0ul

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • ~~Son Fett
    • View Profile
Re: FeralHeart and social skills
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2018, 11:10:09 am »
For me is easier to chat online than irl to random people, so I don't know for sure if it helped me or not.

<3

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2018, 12:43:44 pm »
Of course, FeralHeart has helped improve my social and communication skills, but they're not being eroded.
I tend to have a vast capacity for reflecting my own feelings. I find it natural to communicate with others, especially in person.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 01:08:01 pm by MoonlitSaint »

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline TouchOfMadness

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • "Tommi"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2018, 04:36:26 pm »
I'm glad you all seemed to like this topic, and your takes on this are all really fascinating! I've noticed a theme, and it's something I forgot to consider in my original question. A lot of us have grown up with this game, getting into it as young teens or preteens and then simply continuing with it up into adulthood. A lot happens in those years. You go through the ups and downs of high school (or whatever you guys call it across the pond), maybe get a job, go to college, etc. All of these significantly expand your social sphere,  and you really have no choice but to adapt. Not to mention just the normal course of brain development during adolescence. Psychology gobblity-goop aside, what I mean is that I guess there are other factors at play. Still, I think that we can agree that FeralHeart has made our lives better in some way :)

Edit: I just noticed where this put my post count, so I am contractually obligated to say, "Nice."

Yes I am a grown adult. What of it? >:I
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 04:53:57 pm by TouchOfMadness »
It's been three freakin' years and I have no idea what I'm doing.

Offline Pawfreak

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • I don't have any paws, actually...
    • www.deviantart.com/pawfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2018, 02:13:07 pm »
FH Helped me get more confident and bold when speaking with other people. Since I had to stop just waiting around shyly, and had to go and actually TALK with the RP recruiters to be able to join.

And sending a RP sample? Doing it a couple times helped ease my anxiety and notice who I am and what I am capable of, I have to take some risks every now and then right? And if it's not good, I shouldn't feel humiliated like I used to when I was anxious.

FH also helped me to be less nervous when talking with English speakers. Since It's not my main language, I used to take a long time typing a sentence just to make sure I wrote it right... Roleplaying (specially Literate roleplays) was a great exercise for me.

Download my Presets! (https://www.tinyurl.com/pawfreak)
Sig by Pocketmutt

Offline Notorious.

• Cinnamon Roll
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • Noto for short
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2018, 03:25:26 pm »
I can't really walk up to some random person irl, but I also don't know about in-game. I don't know, I usually let other people talk to me first rather than having it the other way around, haha. However, it has helped me immensely in my English classes! I was an intensive student at first but now I'm an honors student! Roleplaying on here has definitely helped me a ton! <3

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2018, 03:35:04 pm »
no.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

GeekyScout

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2018, 12:40:36 am »
Yeah! It's already improve my social skills and to be active. I dont show outside of social game. I only show it on ROBLOX and Feral Heart.

Flurr

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2018, 12:59:32 am »
Yes, FH has improved myself in general! However, for me, it is a bit easier to chat online rather in general for some reason.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2018, 08:52:37 am »
From my observations people I haveseen learned English, improved English, or instead of running away like they do in real life they make nervous or blush emotes and start talking.   One told me they hadn't talked in years. All because they don't find digital animal's scary.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Nobutach

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2018, 10:17:21 am »
Mmm, in a way.

FH in one way was my gateway towards online communication, so yes, i've learnt many things that are tied with social skills from FH; may it be social skills in general or writing skills (from roleplaying). Although, these skills that i learnt in FH are mostly inapplicable in real life, because there is a massive difference between talking with faceless people on your computer screen and talking to an actual person in real life face to face, and i don't write literature that often. Maybe FH has helped in communicating through text, but not so much for actual verbal communication.