Author Topic: Praise Nintendo  (Read 3761 times)

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
Praise Nintendo
« on: July 13, 2015, 03:40:37 am »
If you haven't heard the news, Nintendo's head president Satoru Iwata has died at the age of 55 from a tumor in a bile duct yesterday. (source: http://kotaku.com/nintendos-president-has-passed-away-1717386412 ) He has been the fourth president of Nintendo since 2002.

As a Nintendo fan, I'm very saddened over his death. To his honor, I made this thread to praise everything Nintendo. Feel free to pay your respects or share stories about anything that is related to Nintendo. <3

Nintendo products has been one of my biggest sources of entertainment ever since I was 4. My first product was a Game Boy Advanced SP that I was addicted to playing. Another product I can name is the GameCube, which is forever one of my favorite video game consoles. I was in love, and I'm still in love, with the Kirby and Pokemon franchises. I don't have access to my SP or my GameCube at the moment, but I have my DSi and my 3DS in close contact. Nintendo was the company that made me so interested in gaming. Call in childish, but Nintendo is awesome, believe it.

RIP 1959-2015
Thank you so much, Satoru Iwata. Well miss you!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 03:43:46 am by jengatower »

DreamerDay

Re: Praise Nintendo
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 03:44:24 am »
He was a Chinese man? Hope this didn't come out rude. Ah what the heck..most things come from China anyway. Anyway that's very sad to hear. I still have my DS and 3DS but i cant seem to find it. I eventually get bored with them since they're nothing to do. But this is nice of you to create a thread.

RIP.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 03:47:14 am »
He was a Chinese man? Hope this didn't come out rude. Ah what the heck..most things come from China anyway.
He was actually Japanese. Nintendo is a Japanese franchise. There is a difference.

DreamerDay

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 03:48:31 am »
He was a Chinese man? Hope this didn't come out rude. Ah what the heck..most things come from China anyway.
He was actually Japanese. Nintendo is a Japanese franchise.

Ah, okay. It's hard to tell the difference between Chinese and Japanese.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 03:50:14 am »

R.I.P Satoru Iwata <3

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 03:53:04 am »

R.I.P Satoru Iwata <3
that's a cute picture. ;u;

he was an awesome guy. it's a shame he had to die.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2015, 03:59:28 am »
Indeed. I think the artist that drew him this way captured his life with Nintendo at best and it's the way I'd like to imagine he is now where ever his soul has gone on to... May he rest in eternal happiness. He'll forever live on within Nintendo in the many magical worlds he helped to create and the many hearts and imaginations he touched.

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2015, 04:32:26 am »
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Offline FizzyPaws

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • I'm too obsessed with Telephone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2015, 06:19:29 am »
Wow... I was never really an avid nintendo gamer (not a well rounded one at least), but Pokemon was my childhood since I was 3. It was really the only nintendo franchise I ever played, but this is still sad to hear. He brought us joy for countless hours upon end. May he rest in peace.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2015, 12:04:18 pm »
It's so sad to get news like this. People put their time and passion into creating games that inspire people, and I hope his inspiration stays with the people that he's touched with his creativity. Nintendo games were my childhood, and still are. A Nintendo was the first gaming device I was ever given, and even if I have a near-broken DS, I won't sell it, just in case I want to revisit my childhood a while. Iwata's brought us so much happiness, and I hope he rests in peace.

R.I.P Satoru Iwata

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.