Author Topic: What is even the point of member of the season?  (Read 6095 times)

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • I gave up on this FH since I was let down...
    • View Profile
What is even the point of member of the season?
« on: February 12, 2018, 07:50:14 pm »
I have voted each time they had a member of the season voting poll, but I started wondering what does it even matter if the Admins are the only ones  that can nominate people. Like I get how it works, but it just seems kind of unfair to a degree because if you look at the overall way it is set up it feels rigged. There are certain qualifications nominees must meet, though it would not matter that much if the admins choose who you can pick from. Anyways I don't really care how the admins do things since usually they don't cause me too many problems with things, they usually help me out well as a matter of fact. Just share your opinions on the whole voting system as I did, I would like to see what others think. I don't believe this will push for any changes to the member of the season voting system, but I do still wonder how others feel about it when look at it as a whole.

I may be the only one who feels this way when thinking about the voting system and overall it is just for fun not meant to be serious but still. Anyways tell me how you feel about it when thinking about how it works, because I am curious as to what other people think. Have a nice day/night!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 07:54:37 pm by ShadowMT13 »

Valar.Morghulis

Re: What is even the point of member of the season?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 07:53:18 pm »
I mean, isn't there a poll where all of us can vote for a member of the season? And then the Staff just adds up their votes to specific players. I don't see anything wrong with the voting system to be honest

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 07:58:35 pm »
True I guess, I may not understand it fully. Plus it is not much of a problem for me anyways since it is not that serious of a thing, I just wonder about the level of fairness of certain things sometimes, because me being a moderator for non-feralheart groups and websites, I usually put equality and fairness above what a person's rank is in a group.
 I have actually even gotten technical with some of the group owners because they were acting like the moderators and owners were better than the members and that bugs me, since there is no community without members and they should know this (The people in the groups/sites I moderate, not here on FH). Though still the Admins here STILL decide who people can vote for XD
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 08:02:27 pm by ShadowMT13 »

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 08:02:08 pm »
The admins do not choose the MOTS nominees/winners. The community does. Sometimes the moderators will hop in and nominate other players and they do take part in the voting but it's the communities votes that determine the winners. It's not rigged or anything like that.

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 08:04:58 pm »
Oh okay I see, seems reasonable enough, but like I said above I have a habit of questioning the fairness of stuff sometimes when it seem that it is not completely fair in my opinion. I have nothing against the Admins here they have been pretty fair to me as far as I can tell, and on my bad days they had patients with me and helped me out. I just felt to discuss this because to me it did not seem that fair as how the voting works.

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 08:06:05 pm »
What exactly is unfair about it though? Members nominate/vote for who they think is helpful around the community.
 I don't exactly know what else could be done to make it more fair than that. o:

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 08:08:24 pm »
Well for one there are people I see on there all the time, and then there are some that I would say deserves it and they are never an option. Basically it seems it is only who the admins deem deserving of it since I never see anyone who I would say deserved it and meets most to all the requirements.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 08:22:18 pm by ShadowMT13 »

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 08:22:55 pm »
"What this is, is that members of the community are able to vote forward liked members for their activity, helpfulness or overall personality and those with most votes get to wear the MOTS title for the upcoming season."

I think MOTS is a wonderful and unique part about Feralheart, the point being members who put into the community get a chance to be featured for a season by the community, as you can see from Spring Nominations; the members choose the ones they think are best fit for the title. Your vote alone isn't the determining factor in the winners, it's the communities. The point is really just being able to connect, bond and just have fun.
not active here anymore ♡

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2018, 08:23:32 pm »
Once again, the admins are not the ones that determine who wins and who doesn't. And if you look, a lot of the current nominations now are the few people that ARE active. If anything, you can always nominate who you think is deserving of the title as long as they meet the requirements.

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2018, 08:35:10 pm »
Once again, the admins are not the ones that determine who wins and who doesn't. And if you look, a lot of the current nominations now are the few people that ARE active. If anything, you can always nominate who you think is deserving of the title as long as they meet the requirements.
Like I said I may not understand the whole thing even though I try to vote each time because why not, tell me then, when the poll is up to nominate is there an option for "other"? Because I never seen that option and that is what leads me to think it may be slightly unfair, hopefully that explains what I mean a bit better. If there is in fact an option for "other" and you can comment on who you think should get nominated, then it is fair.