Author Topic: New Years Resolution!  (Read 2509 times)

Offline BirdyBlu

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • `Snuggle Puddle`
    • Ally Nice
    • View Profile
New Years Resolution!
« on: October 05, 2018, 07:08:58 am »
So, i am quite late.
Went for a short trip and come back to crazy!
I figured I would put my response here as it is not anything that will stir this all back up! Haha.

Hello, I am Birdy, and you have probably seen me sitting around the ground's. I tend to try to help out where i can especially with the lack of staff here lately, seeing as I am just sitting around watching chat. Haha. I am 22, and have been a dedicated member on this game since 2011, Sadly not so dedicated on the forum itself though ive been working into bettering that habit. I have lost most if not all of my old friend's due to time passing/the update (Sucks for them because this game is still great  ;) .
Long story short I am addicted... But onto more serious matters, i went through all the stuff i have missed with the incident's that went down during my time away and although I am sad to hear that the old staff team is no longer, and all of this even happened, I do think we can all overcome this and quite possibly bring back that feralheart community we all knew and loved!

A few of my own opinions on the game itself-

I do not think we NEED to bring the original maps back, I totally agree that people are living in the past, and bringing those maps back will NOT bring back the old feralheart, with everything that has happened sadly that community is gone and will not come running back with the return of those maps.
I do think for those wishing for the maps, it would be nice to remake them as someone else already had pointed out. They do have some very good memories and i myself would love to see them recreated so that all of the young members can experience them, and us oldies may see those maps we loved again. But they should not be brought back just on the thought that it will magically bring those friends we knew and loved back.. because that's not how the world works, lol. It has been multiple years and sadly, they have probably grown up and found different tastes in games, and its most definitely not a need.

Personally I do not think general is a good idea, yes it was fun 50% of the time but if this game ever did get back up and going like it once was, it would just be spammed all over again, the majority of user's on this game are children, it happens. Another option which I am unsure can even be done is to add the general chat back, but to have the option somewhere in game to disable it, that way if it ever got active in-game again everybody is happy, those who don't want it can turn it off, those who do can keep it. - win win

The member count on this game has really died down to my dismay and i would love to see it rise once again.
I do think the registration timer should be lifted, and if lag is a worry, i think it should be more often, for longer periods, and at a specified time, one hour is not nearly enough time let alone never knowing WHEN it will open.
Coming from someone who has previous mod experience on another website, with over 180,000 fans (many if not most of which are kids) i have done my part in watching for the registration to open, and giving this game a shoutout to these kids. SO many of them want to join but very few can get home in time, as they are only kids and still run around with parents, school etc,  to meet the registration deadline as its so sudden and quick. So many potential members, this is really what has upset me the most about all the changes.

After all of this i think it is due time to make some changes, it would be so easy to bring a new community in, and to get this game back to the glory it once had. The game is only as good as the members make it, fighting gets us nowhere.
I have seen Raz in game multiple time's and i really don't think we should place blame, as non of us know how much work it is to keep both this site and game up and running smoothly.

2019 is just around the corner, lets go out with a bang and get this game up and going people!  :D
.: Birdy Blu is just for You! :.

Signature image by @Pocketmutt

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
Re: New Years Resolution!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 02:45:05 am »
I actually enjoyed reading this <33
I do agree with some of these points though and I'm actually looking forward to the possible changes that are coming to this game and the community itself. It already seems promising and members are moving on and slowly overcoming the hiccup that happened in such a short time span.
I think if General were to come back, maybe only certain maps and not all? Like where the second hotspot is? Probably have a map that's just basically used for recruiting? Who knows.
As for the old maps recreation, I actually have been working on maps possibly similar ( just for fun during my time away ) but wasn't thinking of ever releasing it.

I do admire users who have already done recreations or even released the old maps. <3

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 02:55:27 am »
If you have noticed, the registration has been opening much more frequently than before. Should be a little easier for eager fluffs out there to snag an account now.

As for the old maps, I agree with you. I believe that when people are calling for the old maps, it's because they're recalling the memories and good times they had on those maps, not necessarily the maps themselves. The old maps were put up for download at the release of the last patch, and yet still they're left empty, which I think speaks for how well the old maps would fare if released again. If you run back over them even now, they seem rather.... bland, in comparison to what we have now.

General I'm not too keen on, seeing as how easy it is to spam out the chatbox of every user in a map with the click of a few buttons, without ever moving your character. Just a lil too much power for the trolls out there, even with the added good side of advertisements in general again n' whatnot.
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline BirdyBlu

• Experienced Traveler
  • `Snuggle Puddle`
    • Ally Nice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2018, 03:08:19 am »
I actually enjoyed reading this <33
I do agree with some of these points though and I'm actually looking forward to the possible changes that are coming to this game and the community itself. It already seems promising and members are moving on and slowly overcoming the hiccup that happened in such a short time span.
I think if General were to come back, maybe only certain maps and not all? Like where the second hotspot is? Probably have a map that's just basically used for recruiting? Who knows.
As for the old maps recreation, I actually have been working on maps possibly similar ( just for fun during my time away ) but wasn't thinking of ever releasing it.

I do admire users who have already done recreations or even released the old maps. <3
Aw! Glad you enjoyed!
I'm excited for the upcoming changes, i do think it would be fun to have those old maps back but a ton of people want them back just to get old members back, that's just not going to happen, those old members want the old feralheart back, not just the maps. They will still be unhappy over the new added maps from the previous updates. 
Everything updates, hopefully we can get more members who will enjoy the game like everyone did back then, and the remaining of us still do!

Offline BirdyBlu

• Experienced Traveler
  • `Snuggle Puddle`
    • Ally Nice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2018, 03:12:22 am »
If you have noticed, the registration has been opening much more frequently than before. Should be a little easier for eager fluffs out there to snag an account now.

As for the old maps, I agree with you. I believe that when people are calling for the old maps, it's because they're recalling the memories and good times they had on those maps, not necessarily the maps themselves. The old maps were put up for download at the release of the last patch, and yet still they're left empty, which I think speaks for how well the old maps would fare if released again. If you run back over them even now, they seem rather.... bland, in comparison to what we have now.

General I'm not too keen on, seeing as how easy it is to spam out the chatbox of every user in a map with the click of a few buttons, without ever moving your character. Just a lil too much power for the trolls out there, even with the added good side of advertisements in general again n' whatnot.

I hadn't noticed! I went on a trip, excited to hear that it is coming online more often! I will have to keep my eyes open for it. I totally agree, and i did download the old maps when that came out, for a friend of mine. She was never seen again and yah, they are dead. XD I stopped going into them after.