Author Topic: What's your favorite type of roleplay?  (Read 12571 times)

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: What's your favorite type of roleplay?
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2019, 01:46:06 am »
My favorite roleplays to participate in were semi-realistic; I've dabbled a little in literate roleplays, and while they can be very immersive, they can sometimes take a while to set up and can be very demanding time-wise on the individuals involved. So, if you only have a certain amount of time to play online but still want to keep the plot moving in a progressive way that is still immersive, semi-lit is an excellent way to go.

I have a soft spot for roleplays with a very small number of people involved, as well. One-on-one roleplay can be very fun if you have a plot that can be pursued by only two people; if you have an ongoing plot that requires a lot of people to be present and only one other person is online, some very interesting subplots can be made while the two people online try to buy time without furthering the main plot. (Kind of like filler episode.) A lot of my favorite roleplay memories were made from side plots when other people weren't around.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Noella

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Call me Noella
    • Kamaji16
    • View Profile
    • SIRIUS | A CANINE RPG
Re: What's your favorite type of roleplay?
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2019, 04:42:59 pm »
I enjoy roleplays that have that are semi-realistic, Lit but also creative. Lately though, I've been drawn to fantasy roleplays where I can let my creativity fly without limits.