Author Topic: Forum Roleplays  (Read 2185 times)

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
Forum Roleplays
« on: September 16, 2018, 07:09:37 am »
Back in the day when I would browser the forums I would always come across role-play threads, and a place dedicated to them. I've done some searching and it appears that the board still exists, but the role-plays do not. Tldr; what happened to forum role-plays; and since this is a discussion thread. Do you have any fond memories of them?

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Roleplays
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 07:25:29 am »
I've had my experience with a few forum role-plays, but I wouldn't say they were a fan-favourite among many online users. I suppose they just died out. I think if you dig hard enough you might find something around, but they're super rare. Discord has taken over now, and also most people prefer to rp in game as well.

Very interesting topic, though!

Flurr

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 07:42:25 am »
Hmm, its hard to remember. I'm pretty sure I have come across some in the past. I guess they are not popular anymore, and that could be maybe because people didn't post a lot on topics like that, and then it went out and people don't talk about it anymore. I think it could be nice if we could get things like that back to life again ^^. But as sigyrn said, there extermely rare to find since they are super old. I will try to find some if I can! I think is an interesting topic too!

WolfWorms

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 04:09:56 pm »
I've come across quite a few, but many of them aren't FH-based, like Incandescence, or the Serenity River Pack. As Sig said, Discord has taken over. In my opinion, Discord is simply quicker and easier to navigate compared to online forums :<. Though forum roleplay brings me a fond sense of nostalgia, I now prefer roleplaying in discord. Many groups still keep all their rules and information on forums, however!
Interesting topic, I'm looking forward to reading what others have to say!

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 04:48:47 pm »
forum roleplays on here didn't really last long. i participated in a few and i ether lost interest and/or the owner shut it down after a few pages. i preferred playing in-game anyways.

forum rps still exist in some places. feralfront being one of them. though it's kind of a mess there imo.