Author Topic: Profile Picture/Signature changing  (Read 1263 times)

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
Profile Picture/Signature changing
« on: August 19, 2014, 05:44:44 pm »
Hey, I'm new to the forums, and I'm having a little bit of trouble setting up an Profile pic and signature. If anyone can please show me how to do so, it would be greatly appreciated. ;)

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
Re: Profile Picture/Signature changing
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 05:47:55 pm »

Hello guys, and welcome to this small tutorial on how to properly put on a icon and or signature here on Feral Heart.
Now please fallow these step by step if you have no idea how to put a icon/signature and we'll get you set up.
NOTE: This tutorial was specially made just for Feral Heart. You can try this same steps for other forums if you want.

Ever had a icon that was about 200x200 and it looks crisp clear when viewed on Window photo preview,  but then when you upload it on here it looks blurred or pixelated? Well I have the solution for you. First, Do you know the difference in computer resolution?

The right and left pictures were preformed in different ways when uploading in on here. One from a Direct upload from my computer and the other a Directlink from Photobucket or Tinypic.com. Which one do you like best? Lets move on...

First you would make your picture in photoshop and or find a good resolution picture on the internet. Once you have that try to crop it to at least 200x200(sometimes 150x150 is a better option). When you do that find a good place to upload your picture (photobucket or tinypic.com are the best options)

Since I use Photobucket a lot this tutorial will be based on it. If you so happen to know of another file sharing site such as tinypic.com they use the same basic links as well.

First off upload your picture

Next when you are finishing uploading your picture then click it and there is displayed options on the right hand side. Since we are doing just Avatars you will be needing this link or similar Direct coding with a website link in it.

From there go into your profile page and on the left hand side there should be account tabs just for you..click on the one that says Forum Profile Information.
From there, you should see options for your avatar as well as some for your signature. The one you will be using will be the link where it requires a direct link. Get your coding from the website and place it here. After that you have uploaded a successful avatar.
Now using the "Upload from my computer" function works just as fine too, but why do you want to use a direct link coding instead of this.
Reason to use Direct instead of a Computer download
1) The resolution on the image is 2x more better and more crisp
2) Using the Direct link method allows you not only upload jpgs, but also gifs as well. So you cant upload a gif onto the other setting cause it will not work.
With that saying, this ends the tutorial on Avatars

Signature

For signatures we will be doing almost the same steps but will be using a different link this time. We will be using the IMG coding this time.

Go back to your file sharing site and find this link. It should be a IMG link if not then chances are it wont work to well. After that fallow the same steps as the Avatar by going into the Forum Profile Information and this time, go in your signature box.

After you click that then it will give you options such as "Signature" which is what you want. From there you just input the IMG coding you have gotten and then save it. In a few minutes or so you will have a signature.

And If you've done all the steps correctly then you have successfully uploaded a prefect signature. Now just a note that0 there is a size limit to this as well, you are able to see how much space you have left when you look at the number grid underneath the signature box. You can upload jpg, and gifs in the signature box as far as I know of.
With all this said, this ends the tutorial on Adding a signature to your profile.

For more further questions fell free to shot me a PM and I will try my best to help out. I do hope you find this small tutorial helpful for some of you younger members out there getting used to the forum setting.
Hopefully the above tutorial helps ^^

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
Re: Profile Picture/Signature changing
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 08:39:46 pm »
Thanks, Whisper, I'll try to follow these instructions and see if it works.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya