Author Topic: Thoughts on reviving old forum posts right now (September 2022)  (Read 2411 times)

Offline Kingservant

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Ascension Island Trail Guide™
    • View Profile
Thoughts on reviving old forum posts right now (September 2022)
« on: September 25, 2022, 06:05:14 pm »
Hey all,

I was wondering what people think of necro-ing old posts on the FeralHeart forums right now.  Normally it's a bad practice, but considering that a lot of boards haven't had a new topic or reply in a long time (and therefore there's nothing to bump to the bottom by necro-ing a months-old post), do you think it's all right to revive an old conversation in a board with nothing new happening?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 04:10:37 pm by Kingservant »
"My King is a sovereign King. No means of measure can define His limitless love. He’s enduringly strong. He’s entirely sincere. He’s eternally steadfast. He’s imperially powerful. He’s impartially merciful. He's God's Son. Do you know Him?"

-- Dr. S. M. Lockridge

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on reviving old forum posts right now (September 2022)
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2022, 02:59:13 am »
Honestly I'm not too sure. It's looked down on as it's one of the forum rules, but seeing how the forum isnt as popular as it once was I don't think it's too bad. A mod would probably give a better answer.

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2022, 09:36:17 pm »
Necroing is perfectly okay so long as what you post is relevant to the topic at hand, really.

For further information regarding necroing, here's a link to a post all about it: Linkie

If you have any further questions, lemme know!

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline Kingservant

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Ascension Island Trail Guide™
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2022, 09:52:59 pm »
Thanks for the advice, Morqque, and thank you Ame especially for the link to the necro help thread!  That was well-written and very helpful, not just for this forum but for online etiquette in general.  'Preciate it!
"My King is a sovereign King. No means of measure can define His limitless love. He’s enduringly strong. He’s entirely sincere. He’s eternally steadfast. He’s imperially powerful. He’s impartially merciful. He's God's Son. Do you know Him?"

-- Dr. S. M. Lockridge

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • Stand up for what is right!
    • DylanCheetah
    • channel/UCqd67NThdXJwpXimwYb3kaQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2022, 02:26:49 pm »
Hey all,

I was wondering what people think of necro-ing old posts on the FeralHeart forums right now.  Normally it's a bad practice, but considering that a lot of boards haven't had a new topic or reply in a long time (and therefore there's nothing to bump to the bottom by necro-ing a months-old post), do you think it's all right to revive an old conversation in a board with nothing new happening?

Nice idea. It would certainly boost forum activity abd might help get people interested in posting again.