Author Topic: Additions/Changes  (Read 2635 times)

Offline BettaApex

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • witch cat
    • bettaapex
    • View Profile
Additions/Changes
« on: July 16, 2019, 03:57:00 am »

With the grand news of the source code being acquired, I would like to throw some suggestions out.

Mapmaking
- Current heightmap size is 513x513. If possible, it would be nice to allow for more sizes (such as 1024x1024) to accommodate more varied and realistic terrain.
- Support for more texture maps would be nice as well. 6 textures may be enough for some, though I imagine that some projects may require more.
- Add "bios" to objects. Essentially, you could click on - say - a book, and have a rundown of what it entails. This would enhance the quality of roleplay and allow a lot more lore to be toyed around with.
- Interface for maps. Here, the map's history and basic description could be found, along with its credits and current owner. The panel could have a special section for the map's owner to edit.
- Mapmaker permissions. The owner of a map could be specified in the editor and would hold control over the map. Additionally, permissions could be modified in the map's details itself in the panel. They could also edit the 'bios' of objects.

Base Game
- I am unsure of what the current version of the game's engine is, but I am sure it is outdated. If possible, it could be updated along with the shaders. [OGRE and OpenGL/Direct3D9]

Character Creation
- More head shapes would fix a lot of common issues. House cats with the skulls of a lion are pretty terrifying.
- Tail fluff slider. Please.
- Separate options for separate ears and eyes. This could include color and shape, so those without presets could look a little more rad.

Group
- Although I'm sure it's already in the works, a custom ranking system for groups would be nice. Different permissions could be held by different ranks.
- If ranks are added, the ranks could be categorized and collapsed to make searching for members easier. No longer will large groups have to suffer.

Misc.
- Forum integration. This could be displayed in the user panel in game to show how active one is on the forum. Alongside this, a profile picture could be displayed, as well as a signature.

Of course, I imagine some of these may not be possible, but the few that are would be wonderful.
hewwo

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
Re: Additions/Changes
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 04:09:34 am »
Mapmaking
- Current heightmap size is 513x513. If possible, it would be nice to allow for more sizes (such as 1024x1024) to accommodate more varied and realistic terrain.
i believe this is already possible! 513x513 is the "standard" but it could be anything else.

i highly support editor permissions so multiple people can work on a project. also the head sizes cause God.

Nobi

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 06:31:04 am »
I really like the idea of a ranking system in groups, that way we won't have to add rank abbreviations in character names again. Godsend.

Offline cosmohause

• Member Of The Season
  • Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • The Ernfi of Talta
    • cosmohause
    • cosmohause
    • c0ffeev0dka
    • cosmohause
    • View Profile
    • commissions
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 12:18:58 pm »
I absolutely adore the rank system part! I would 100% love to see that in-game. Though I'd imagine there would be a sort of limit like the bio or group bio in placing how many. ;W; But, either way, I 100% support this idea!!

Along with the other idea's as well, but the rank system is a big need for many roleplay groups in FH

My Sheezy.ArtSig artist: sapfall Pack of Talta

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 05:59:14 pm »
As some have already said
I would love to see the ranking implemented c:
Fingers crossed!

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2019, 07:07:26 pm »
1025X1025 supposedly works.
And i know people who've created 6 layers masks.  I'm not entirely sure how though. VortexAlive might  know, he's done it.
But unless you're creating a disco floor or a really diverse biome i'm not sure how 8-10 would be urgent.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 07:09:49 pm by Kuri »
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2019, 08:00:43 pm »
Long time no see, Betta~ Fancy seeing you here on the forums. Doubt you remember me, though.
I was apart of NightRaid and Final Chapter with you and everyone else.

Mapmaking
- Support for more texture maps would be nice as well. 6 textures may be enough for some, though I imagine that some projects may require more.
- Add "bios" to objects. Essentially, you could click on - say - a book, and have a rundown of what it entails. This would enhance the quality of roleplay and allow a lot more lore to be toyed around with.
- Interface for maps. Here, the map's history and basic description could be found, along with its credits and current owner. The panel could have a special section for the map's owner to edit.
- Mapmaker permissions. The owner of a map could be specified in the editor and would hold control over the map. Additionally, permissions could be modified in the map's details itself in the panel. They could also edit the 'bios' of objects.

As WolfQueen and Kuri said this is already possible~ However I would suggest making it more stable to do different sizes like this.

Yes. Just yes. I've wanted this for as long as I can remember. It was supposed to be an option but it was never finished to my knowledge. Hopefully staff can tackle this next if they haven't already begun.

That one seems a little strange, but I do completely understand where you're coming from. I'm not too sure about having this one implemented but, I'll roll with it; Perhaps it could work if, in the Map Maker, there would be an option to assign it's bio there before and after placing it. So, if you have it selected, there would be a window named "Bio" and you could write stuff out. Or, if it's done through Object Maker, you could save that specific mesh as a "Bio Mesh" or something of the sorts if it's even possible. To which then in-game, it's a clickable item and you can see it's information. It's an extremely interesting concept and honesty is really cool. Again I'm not too sure about putting it into the game but, who knows.

I was just thinking about this a couple days ago. Basically just adding a system to when you export a map, it's branded in it's coding somewhere that it was created by (username).

I don't think this one would be necessary, unless there's a "Kick from Map" permission granted to the map's maker in-game for only the maps they've created. This could easily get abused in some cases though. Though I do ask, what kind of permissions are you thinking of exactly?

Base Game
- I am unsure of what the current version of the game's engine is, but I am sure it is outdated. If possible, it could be updated along with the shaders. [OGRE and OpenGL/Direct3D9]

I'm not sure if it could in certain regards. However if it was updated, then it would have to be compatible with all of the already converted meshes and items. The animations would have to be redone and everything to match formatting. Now I'm not entirely sure what is compatible with OGRE stuff but, ya never know. Now unless someone is willing to reconvert all of those things... xD

Character Creation
- More head shapes would fix a lot of common issues. House cats with the skulls of a lion are pretty terrifying.
- Tail fluff slider. Please.
- Separate options for separate ears and eyes. This could include color and shape, so those without presets could look a little more rad.

I would love more head shapes. This would give a bit more uniqueness to characters and add more customization.

I'm assuming that would be for the thickness? If different tail sizes were added as well as this, so many customization options would open up.

This was brought up in someone else's post that I haven't commented on yet- (sorry I'mma get to you soon). But I would love this. Once again, so many customization opens would open up.

Group
- Although I'm sure it's already in the works, a custom ranking system for groups would be nice. Different permissions could be held by different ranks.
- If ranks are added, the ranks could be categorized and collapsed to make searching for members easier. No longer will large groups have to suffer.

This is something everyone's been wanting for so long lmao It would help cut down on all the extra recruiter accounts for groups so it's not solely dependent on the group creator. Permissions such as; Send group invites, kick members from the group, grant other members permissions (then a list of permissions they are able to grant), promote members, be able to demote members to any rank lower than their current one, and or a "punished" position, ext. ext.. Nothing particular about the punished rank other than when they are placed under thank rank, there would be an information box containing as to why they got there, and be separated from all the other members and listen at the bottom.

Yes.

Something I've thought of as well would be an audit log. It basically displays what other members who have certain permissions have done. Basically; Mark[username] demoted Bob[username] to Punished rank - Mark[username] promoted Bob[username] to x rank - Mark[username] kicked Bob[username] from (group name). This would help keep track of who did who with their permissions and whatnot to keep on top of things.

Misc.
- Forum integration. This could be displayed in the user panel in game to show how active one is on the forum. Alongside this, a profile picture could be displayed, as well as a signature.

I'm not too sure about that one. It sounds like an interesting concept, but I don't think it's necessary. You can just look up their username on the forum and all the information is there in the details.

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline BettaApex

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • witch cat
    • bettaapex
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2019, 09:32:03 pm »
I do remember you! It is nice to see you once more <3
Thank you for the nice feedback! I would say that permissions could be to edit the map's information rather than kick (as block is viable enough). An audit log would be excellent, too; it would definitely need to be added if a ranking system was implemented.

(I'm still getting used to the HTML and all on the forum ;w;)
hewwo

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2019, 02:57:50 am »
not gonna lie i dig the group rank idea a lot

it'd be no different than steam clan tags honestly

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2019, 07:23:11 pm »
Group ranking would be wonderful. A co-owner role would be very useful for recruiting/kicking if the group owner is offline.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya