Poll

Would you like to have something similar to Ascension island but as a playground in one of the new maps?

Yes, that would be awesome! It would bring more joy and interest in new maps!
36 (100%)
Nope, I'm not feeling that, I'd rather stick to realistic maps
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: Something like Ascension Island (but as a playground)  (Read 6580 times)

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
Something like Ascension Island (but as a playground)
« on: September 10, 2018, 08:30:48 am »
As the title says!
So I was thinking (actually I saw few people in game talking about Ascension Island and I got this idea so I wanted to share it on the Forum because I think It's really cool) maybe If there was sort of a playground made in one of the new maps. Like that big structure in Cherika Valley! It would be nice to have something of that kind but as in form of floating rocks and maybe a rock island on top? I know that you've been sticking to the realism a little bit, but I feel like this would look great as a part of a new map!
The idea is for example, something that is similar to ascension island, but a bit smaller and just as a part of the map. Because I doubt that there will be another Ascension Island map, but who knows!
Who doesn't love a little bit of parkour every now and then?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 08:32:23 am by Valar.Morghulis »

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
Re: Something like Ascension Island (but as a playground)
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 08:39:42 am »
I had a feeling something like that was being created, hopefully.  One time i made a thing like that with dead trees as roots holding the islands up but nobody else could see the land platforms...
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 10:53:34 am »
It's an interesting concept! I think Ascension Island was one of my favourite maps, just for the detail and how much fun it was to climb to Sky's Rim. I'm sure the staffers have many ideas for new maps, this could add to the list. It's a creative idea, and would be pretty fun, but it'd also be a cool map for anyone to try and create! Overall I do agree something similar to Ascension Island would be neat. Thanks for sharing this idea with us!

Flurr

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 11:24:19 am »
This idea is very creative! I miss ascension island, I used to jump to the top there when I had nothing to do. I know there is always the old maps download, but I would like to have this in the upcoming update! Impressive idea, Valar.Morghulis!

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 03:28:34 pm »
I like this idea a lot. Bringing back elements of the original game, merging it subtly into the new maps. That would bring a ton of us joy! I remember jumping on the rocks and getting frustrated when I kept falling, little old me. xD
not active here anymore ♡

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 04:20:50 pm »
YES!!!!!!~
I loved Ascension Island, it was one of the many places were it was encouraged to ask for help traversing around. Many falls, many ragequits, many saving Home. It was exceptionally worth it, for Sky's Rim was so beautiful! Both maps were lovely for screenshots, too. :)

Ascension Island was an encore from Impressive Title, but you could fly in IT. I know I have attempted to do it in IT without wings, but of course there is the double jump which really throws one off, and it's just as difficult. Perhaps another map like the Temple of Dreams, too? A little taste, like in Fluorite Plains, of what the map is before you enter. Endless ideas are scurrying in my head, so I might make some mock-ups for ideas for the map-makers! >_<

**Cherika Valley's structure is very inspiring, might I add. It requires lore to be understood and cherished!**
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2018, 05:45:21 pm »
YES!!!!!!~
I loved Ascension Island, it was one of the many places were it was encouraged to ask for help traversing around. Many falls, many ragequits, many saving Home. It was exceptionally worth it, for Sky's Rim was so beautiful! Both maps were lovely for screenshots, too. :)

Ascension Island was an encore from Impressive Title, but you could fly in IT. I know I have attempted to do it in IT without wings, but of course there is the double jump which really throws one off, and it's just as difficult. Perhaps another map like the Temple of Dreams, too? A little taste, like in Fluorite Plains, of what the map is before you enter. Endless ideas are scurrying in my head, so I might make some mock-ups for ideas for the map-makers! >_<

**Cherika Valley's structure is very inspiring, might I add. It requires lore to be understood and cherished!**

Yes! Temple of dreams! Even though, the structure in Cherika Valley reminds me of Temple of dreams a little bit, It would be nice to have more structures like that one within maps ^^

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2018, 08:42:45 pm »
I do miss AI. I remember making a character I would only have in AI and use to climb the rocks now and then. She was a challenge character and I would climb to the top without falling once. If I fell, then I would start over X3

Honestly, I think that's a very fun idea! Personally, I would just make a fun little map by itself, and not have random playgrounds in the maps. However, if they can make it so it fits with the map and it's theme, then go for it!

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline Kahbloom

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 45
  • Happy Camper
    • Kahbloom
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2018, 11:37:48 pm »
loooool. I used to get so angry if I would fall off. I swear I would always fall off like right before I reached the top, too. ::) This is such a creative idea, though! I like that. I think a variety of maps, realistic or not, is something that would keep the community happy.
Please say hello if you see me in-game!
kahbloom.deviantart.com

LonesomeRider

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2018, 11:56:42 pm »
I like this idea! I have the old maps downloaded of course, but the old Ascension Island is a bit of a stressful climb sometimes, aha. Adding a little structure like what's in Cherika Valley would definitely be nice, with the little Temple of Dreams and Ascension Island twist into it for part of a new map would be lovely. I'd probably leave The Grounds a little more often, honestly. Just to go climb something like it's nothing.