Author Topic: Why did he go?  (Read 9773 times)

Offline Allari101

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • little-kitteness
    • View Profile
Re: Why did he go?
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2015, 06:50:04 pm »
Sweet! Maybe he will idk ?? If I were him though and I had no more interest in this game, I'd give the code up but make the staff and future staff swear not to venture too far from the original concept. But that's just me.

Maybe in the future we can develop a new game similar to FH? It would be a large project but it would be so fun, and in the end it'd be amazing, I'm sure. :)

In-game user is Allari101

Offline ArizonaRanger

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • OzzieTheFox
    • CatnipBubbles
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2015, 06:40:45 pm »
Yeah, that would be pretty fun. And I wouldn't think anyone would be that protective of something they have no interest in. Kinda weird to me. XD
Call me Ozzie or Faline. I'm never on here, nor in game much but oh well.

Offline LeesiGalaxy

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2015, 10:44:49 am »
*Old lady voice.*

I joined December 24th, 2011, that's four years ago today! A friend begged me to join, so, I did. I was lucky enough to join on the day that LKD gave the community wings for Christmas! What an exciting day, my friend was so excited, and I was too! Even though I hadn't know a time before that we didn't have wings, heh.

Anyway, a couple days after that came LKD's last update on the game (at least, one that he made mention of on the bo. I was young, I've never really browsed the forums (as you can see, I have no floof-o-meter or really... any posts). I just played the game, role played, join packs (Vs, Battalions, it was a grand ol' time), I spent all my free time in game. I really couldn't have given two short and curlies about checking the news and such.

Buuuuut I started to notice after a while there were no updates, bug fixes, etc. I wondered why Kovu sir stopped posting in the little side box. By the time I realized he was gone, it'd been two years. Which is sad to be honest. My friends even teased me that I brought bad luck upon the game (which was just a joke of course). XDD Anyway, I've been waiting quietly in the shadows, lurking on FH every so often. Sometimes I attempted to rejoin old groups of mine, but it's difficult for me to stick around most of the time (since my interest in different things rises and falls like a flood). Not to mention the fact that many of my old friends are long since gone, and finding a literate pack or pride that has a long-term goal set in mind is like pulling teeth! Perhaps I'm being too picky, heh.. Today was one of the days I decided to pop on the forum, completely forgetting that this is my FH birthday, yay me!

I thought that eventually LKD would come back. *More old lady voice.* I've waited so long! But alas, he never has, but you know what? I think it's AMAZING that the mods have stuck around for the love of this game and community. Things have been difficult on them, I'm sure of it. Having the source code yanked out from underneath them, unable to sate their users' demands for bug-fixes and updates. I bet it's akin to having a child asking for food, but having none to give, and that's sad.

But nonetheless, here we all are. The mods are the only reason why this game is still on the radar, and for that I think they deserve all the love and appreciation that we all have to give! They didn't have to keep it going, but they did, and boy, I sure am thankful. So even if none of them see this, I just want them to know that as a long-term member, I really, really appreciate you! Even if I don't play all the time, coming back to FH floods me with nothing but fond memories, and I love you all for it so much!

I saw mention of making a new game, and I think that is a wonderful idea! While I'm not familiar with game mechanics and my art can be pretty rough, I would support it all the way. The makers of Arokai are making slow progress, but last month they added a multi-species demo. They could potentially be of interest to any one of you to get behind. I will say however that the progress is very slow, and they do take moderately long hiatuses every so often. They have not given a release date and refuse to, which is understandable (however frustrating it can be when you're so excited for it!) The game will have NPC's and a plot, but I do believe you can just role play on your own. Here is there official forum: http://arokai.proboards.com/

Let LKD keep his source code; we have a good thing going here, with a great community and benevolent mods. While he may have given us the beauty that is FH, you, me, the mods; everyone made it what it is, and that, I think, is what counts.

On a side note, Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to you guys! I really hope it's wonderful.

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2015, 12:14:54 pm »
I've read all of your text, Heather. I agree with everything, and I must say I admire your effort to what you've told us. Very detailed, and I understand it all. It's like you could've of become a staff member, as mature and nice you are. :)
And also, I'm an old member too. My FH's 4th Birthday will be the 6th January. My FH is almost as old as yours, you're 12-13 days older. :)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 12:16:53 pm by ?Ellen? »
doing what i feel like

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2015, 02:05:54 pm »
Very kind words indeed Heather, the staff appreciate that very much <3

Offline LeesiGalaxy

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2015, 09:13:37 pm »
I know I wrote a lot, so I appreciate that you wrote it! I guess I kind of poured my heart out, now that I reread it, whoopsies!  Thank you, Ellen, that was very kind of you to say! If I had the attention span and the dedication of these mods, maybe. ;)
Us old farts gotta stick together, man, I'm tellin' ya!

And you are all very welcome. <3

Offline Allari101

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • little-kitteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2015, 06:38:59 pm »
I found FH from my neighbor when I lived in a rental. She was 7 years old or so, running around on her own map. I thought the character-making part was amazing, and I was instantly interested. A few months later I caught registration open and I joined! Ever since its been fun! Though I did grow bored of it, I left recently. I couldn't find a better animal MMROPG game so I came back, but I can't be as active anymore. Sadly that's why I can't RP as much... grrr !!

In-game user is Allari101

Offline Axel_VIII

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • "Got it memorized?" ~Axel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2016, 12:31:35 am »
I agree with papayatoot. The staff should make a better effort to contact him, if they haven't already. Keep trying. The source code is obviously a necessary piece of FH, and it could greatly help us expand.

Not trying to be pushy, but it would help. We can try lol??

This could probably help fix up FH! You know... after what those hackers did and all...

XxInsaneAsylumxX

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2016, 01:32:24 am »
Somewhere I heard the staff members drove KovuLKD off. He apparently got fed up with it all, and abandoned the community.
Now, I'm not saying that's the truth, but the staff do have some flaws. I'm not bashing the staff either, they're busy people who try to keep everything in order. I respect that.
But I take everything into consideration, keeping an open mind. But the whole thing is a mystery, so who can really say?

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2016, 02:12:16 am »
Somewhere I heard the staff members drove KovuLKD off. He apparently got fed up with it all, and abandoned the community. 

As I said before don't believe rumors you hear outside. Only KovuLKD knows why he left Feral Heart and he never gave an official statement suggesting such anywhere. Staff haven't driven him out. He is still able to log on to his accounts and actively engage with the community. He left on his on whim.