Author Topic: Accidentally dragged the entire mesh around while making animations, question  (Read 759 times)

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
I accidentally dragged the entire mesh around while making feline animations, I restarted and I don't think it fixed it unless I had dragged the mesh around before.

The skeleton clips out of the body.

Will the feline look that slight bit distorted ingame? Or is it just a neat little peculiarity I now get to see in Blender for the rest of the animating?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 03:40:17 pm by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Lucius

You should be able to select the mesh, go into Object Mode, click on the "Object" tab and open up the "Transform Properties" box. Alternatively, you can bring up the Transform Properties by hitting "N" on your keyboard.

Take a look at the Loc X/Y/Z and Rot X/Y/Z values. They should all be 0.000. If they're not, then you should be able to set them back to 0.000.

As a side note, the only thing necessary to make replacement animations is the exported skeleton. So even if the model is a little distorted, it's only there as a guide on what the animations will look like.

Of course, you'll have to keep in mind that your model is a bit off axis when animating with it, but other than that, I think you should be alright with it.

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
Thank you! That's fixed the mesh! ;D

This may now be locked.

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.