Author Topic: Supeh tutorial! (BEING MODIFIED)  (Read 2023 times)

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
Supeh tutorial! (BEING MODIFIED)
« on: September 17, 2012, 08:38:11 pm »
Making presets.

Ello. Dis ish my first tutorial for this topic! We will now being making presets. So you wanna make a preset, Eh? Lets get started! First, open up GIMP or photoshop. I use GIMP. Lets hope you understand. OK, open up GIMP and go to OS C: (or Local Disk C:)/FeralHeart/mypresets/preset_1 (or 2) Then lets get started! Draw on the preset, or use GIMP's filters. To draw OVER the preset but not the best of course, Just search for the brush type called "Multiply" I think it's called that at least..... IN this tutorial I'm on the head right now. Here's the tutorial picture of the head! I used GIMP's filters and some colors. Now, SAVE! Put it in the preset folder you want the number of the preset to be. I saved mine as preset_4head.jpg but save it as the folder's number not the one i did! (Yes, ask questions.) Now make the head, eyes, Tail, Mane (if you want one) and wings if you want! if you want wings then newbies, save it in preset number 11 or 12. And, also, save it as equip_#preset.jpg but i forgot if it was png but try jpg. Now you'll get the hang of it! Good luck!

Making maps.

Wanna make your very own map finally after seeing all these maps everywhere? Lets get to the point! Now, white is for hills, mountains or just high land. To make it more, realistic were gonna use a special paint brush! Find the one that fades and stuff. Go find watermill in Feralheart/media/terrains and paint around that and by the way, black is for ocean and make sure it's on grayscale! This is my map i made a long time ago but you get the picture. I used the tool to make it even more realistic! You can also use fade out to make it like, pride rock or something or a viewing area. Now, lets make a mask as in some ground! To get it all in the right spot just go to edit then copy then go to watermillmask.terrain or something like that then open it up! then go to edit and click paste! use blue, red and green. Red is the first one and green is second and blue is third! Here's a picture of my mask. It's realistic for meh iceberg anyway.... Now, go to map maker and load the names of your terrain and mask in the second thingy. Place objects, make it bigger, make it higher and add water to it! To get more meshes just look around in Other Mods/creations for some peoples creations or just go to Meshes. I'll explain how to download and install them in another tutorial. Good luck!

How to download meshes.

One simple tutorial for your maps! To download rar's you'll need 7-Zip or WinRar but lets just download our fellow Zip. First, we go to mediafire most often. Example of downloading mesh: A dragon. If there's no readme, You've come to the right place! Place the texture, mesh and material in My_Objects in Feralheart/media/objects and you'll see it there! See the name of the mesh? Go to object maker and type that same name in there! Including the .mesh no need for material! just load the mesh and the material is right there. Save it as anything you like in any group or you can create a group but if it's your first object then i RECOMMEND creating a group or it won't come in-game. DO NOT save it in ANY normal Feralheart groups like MyTrees or MyRocks. Have fun with your new mesh! Or as you would mostly say, Object. To change the color or texture, just open a different material with notepad and see the name? Load that same name in the material bar along with the different mesh already on the screen and poof! New texture for ya there! It's either ugly or beautiful. Good luck!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 08:48:42 pm by Rhiannon »