Author Topic: How to uninstall preset sync?  (Read 1855 times)

Offline flowergirlscum

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
How to uninstall preset sync?
« on: December 05, 2017, 01:16:15 am »
As cool as the sync is, it's simply causing way too many issues with my game by causing it to crash. Can somebody direct me to a thread addressing this or at least tell me how to uninstall it?

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Re: How to uninstall preset sync?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 01:45:33 am »
Typed out this response to another person a time back, so here ya go. Feel free to let us know if you run into problems or have questions c: :

To uninstall the Preset Sync you will need to replace the files that the Preset Sync had, you replace back to the original files. To do this, check out this backup folder created by Bawfle:
Main FeralHeart folder sub-folders.

(Bonus/If needed) FH Contents Download Download here. 9 MB
If you are wanting to replace the contents/files inside the FeralHeart folder (such as the markings.cfg, items.cfg etc...) then this is the download for you. If you are wanting certain contents in the direct FeralHeart folder, download FH Contents and place everything that is in that folder directly into your FeralHeart folder and replace when asked.

• Step 1: Download that folder included within the quote above. It should be 9 mb. You will need to extract the FeralHeart.exe file, the unins000.exe file and the unins000.dat file from that zip.
  • Step 2: Open up the FeralHeart folder
  • Step 3: Drag and drop the FeralHeart.exe file, the unins000.exe file and the unins000.dat file into your FeralHeart folder. When it asks you if you would like to replace the files, select Yes.
  • Step 4: Open your PrivatePresets folder. Select all of the files and Copy and Paste them into the regular FeralHeart\presets folder. If it asks you to replace the files, select Yes.
  • Step 5: Optional. This is if you would like to keep the presets that have downloaded from the sync so far. Open your PublicPresets folder. Select all of the files except the files called list.php and version.txt. You can Select all files by hitting Ctrl + A and then to deselect the two files I mentioned, hold left Ctrl and left click the two files you would like to deselect. Copy and paste those files into your FeralHeart\presets folder. If it asks you to replace the files, you can either select yes or choose not to.
  • Step 6: Delete the PrivatePresets folder and the PublicPresets folders.
  • Step 7: Open up your game and you should be good to go.

I have not tested this myself but this should do the trick and it has worked for others in the passed. If it doesn't, you either missed a step or will have to reinstall the game in order to remove the Sync. I hope that doesn't become the case as reinstalling is a hassle as well, especially if you have any game modifications.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline flowergirlscum

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 10:01:12 am »
Thank you heaps Morgra! :)

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 04:39:20 am »
I'll lock this topic for you, as you appear to be satisfied with the above reply. c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.