Author Topic: Mac/Linux Setup Updated for 1.16  (Read 122625 times)

Offline WolfLover2484

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • I have big dreams. . .Like cheese.
    • MinnoBluJai
    • View Profile
    • MinnoBluJai
Re: Mac/Linux Setup
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2016, 06:29:25 pm »
Someone help ;-;

So I've finished all the steps shown, but I've received a problem:
When I'm on the log-in screen of the application, I log in, and it says that I "Failed to connect to front server."
I know I'm on the best wifi in my house, any ideas on what's going on? I'm no computer expert.

Thanks,
~WolfLover2484

Offline Crusoe

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • Top Kek.
    • View Profile
    • My Github Page
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2016, 03:11:16 am »
Hello there,

So I have looked high and low on this forum for a possible solution to my problem, and cannot find one. My troubles are with putting map files into the FeralHeart folder, and having the map's portal showing up in the Cape of Distant Words. See, I run this game on a Mac, and so far all my other downloads for markings and objects have worked fine. However, after placing all the map's files into the exports section of the FH folder, I return to the Cape to find no portal. I have tried putting the Map's files into different FH sub-folders, but nothing seems to work. I've even checked through the Cape itself in case the portal was just invisible for some reason.

Thank you for all the help,
          UnwiredEscape

This is mac version, and there IS no possible way to ACCESS, EXPORT, IMPORT the roots of the game... :( if someone were to fix it FOR US through PC and apply it to PlayOnMac.

http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/how-show-hidden-files-in-mac-os-x-finder-funter-3520878/

Try those instructions above and look in your home folder. You should find a folder called .playonlinux. Go inside that folder, then a folder named "wineprefix." Within that folder, you should be able to find the virtual drive you created. Inside there, you should find a folder named FeralHeart where you can access your files. c:

Offline Vasilisk

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • Naoiss
    • Naoiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2016, 04:07:05 pm »
Is there any way to download markings and items on a mac for FeralHeart?
My friend can't download markings or items because they have a mac and they say they can't but I was wondering if there was a way to do so.

Offline FluffyPluff123

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Top Howler of the North
    • View Profile
    • Crimson Bloods Pack Website
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2016, 07:04:40 pm »
Thanks for Making this Raz! <3 This'll come useful once I get a mac in the future!

Offline SenseiRei

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
  • ❤️ Plz Nuzzle me! I'm super Cuddly ❤️
    • royaldog12
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2016, 09:59:29 pm »
Someone help ;-;

So I've finished all the steps shown, but I've received a problem:
When I'm on the log-in screen of the application, I log in, and it says that I "Failed to connect to front server."
I know I'm on the best wifi in my house, any ideas on what's going on? I'm no computer expert.

Thanks,
~WolfLover2484

Dont forget about logging in through the Website!

At the top right where it says "Play Game" press that.

make sure you log in through there FIRST! then wait at least a few minutes before you open the Feralheart Application

Offline SedaKuma

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2016, 08:28:46 pm »
I tried following all these steps and I'm pretty sure everything matches what you had in the instructions but when I try to open it, it says this:
https://postimg.org/image/yvq0ygjmj/

There is still a program error and "FeralHeart has encountered a serious issue and needs to close."
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 08:30:30 pm by SedaKuma »

Offline konjac

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2016, 12:39:41 am »
I tried following all these steps and I'm pretty sure everything matches what you had in the instructions but when I try to open it, it says this:
https://postimg.org/image/yvq0ygjmj/

There is still a program error and "FeralHeart has encountered a serious issue and needs to close."
Hm.
Have you tried a different method? Let's say...Portingkit...Wineskin Winery...Parallels Desktop?
In case not, try this  ;) Click me!
Also, how suddenly/often does it crash? Does it crash when you log in, when you go to a map, when you create/select a character?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 12:45:31 am by Vanillabean »

Offline tobydawolf

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2016, 08:28:14 pm »
How did you get FHunix.POL? I've been trying for AGES! I haven't used FeralHeart for 2 years, and I've been waiting for instructions.. Now I'm so frustrated I can't find this file! (By the way, When I try to open the XQuartz thing it never verifies.

Offline mief

• Curious Wanderer
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
    • Untwined Rebellion
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2016, 04:53:54 am »
Alright, so I did everything and it worked for a couple of hours. I added item packs and more, and that worked fine. BUT, when I tried to add a preset it stopped working. I have deleted everything and re-installed it, and it STILL didn't work. It just kept on crashing. ;-; I feel like an idiot now! It says "The program FeralHeart.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 01:35:33 pm by PandoraTheWolfxx »
GIFSoup

Don't mess with this. -hairflip-

Offline konjac

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2016, 08:23:14 pm »
Alright, so I did everything and it worked for a couple of hours. I added item packs and more, and that worked fine. BUT, when I tried to add a preset it stopped working. I have deleted everything and re-installed it, and it STILL didn't work. It just kept on crashing. ;-; I feel like an idiot now! It says "The program FeralHeart.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
What were the preset files? And what were they named?
Did you make the preset?
If the preset files are .png or .jpg, you're good to go as I've read. And the files have to be named the same as the folder (ex. Preset_3head would go in the Preset_3 folder, Preset_4body would go in Preset_4..etc...) and also PUT YOUR FILES IN THE "MY_PRESETS" FOLDER! IF YOU PUT IT IN THE "PRESETS" FOLDER, IT WON'T WORK!