Author Topic: Mac/Linux Setup Updated for 1.16  (Read 122728 times)

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Re: Mac/Linux Setup
« Reply #100 on: March 01, 2018, 07:50:45 pm »

I believe it's more prone to do so on MACintosh because it wasn't oriiginally planned to be on there and it's a bit of a weird port.

Well... it was planned, problem was that we couldn't access the source code for the one for mac.
And that's why it's so... Spotty. Well, among the fact that it's also MAC.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline JellyMilk

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • idk what im doing here tbh
    • @purelyperiwinkle
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 14, 2018, 10:57:27 pm »
Ok I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything right because everything has gone smoothly so far. The only problem is that when I try to actually open the game through PlayOnMac, it says there was an error and the game crashed. This is probably because the files are  very outdated and probably should be updated if the staff is still around in this game since I haven't seen any recent updates.
*+.:JellyMilk:.+*

Offline SenseiRei

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
  • ❤️ Plz Nuzzle me! I'm super Cuddly ❤️
    • royaldog12
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 15, 2018, 07:16:31 am »
Ok I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything right because everything has gone smoothly so far. The only problem is that when I try to actually open the game through PlayOnMac, it says there was an error and the game crashed. This is probably because the files are  very outdated and probably should be updated if the staff is still around in this game since I haven't seen any recent updates.

I suggest on looking into DEBUG. I will help you with this if ya need

Offline MapleCake

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • maple-cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 18, 2018, 07:01:53 pm »
Can someone help me? I just downloaded the game and I can't get it to open. Each time I try to it says that something went wrong and I have to close it. Can anyone help? I'm on a MacBook Air.

Offline MapleCake

• Forum Newcomer
    • maple-cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 18, 2018, 08:02:44 pm »
Just got it to work after hours of headache! Check out Vanillabean's winery tutorial! Helped a bunch!

Offline SenseiRei

• Dedicated Supporter
    • royaldog12
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2018, 05:47:33 am »
Just got it to work after hours of headache! Check out Vanillabean's winery tutorial! Helped a bunch!

Hi MapleCake, i too run a Macbook Air. and it does have its issues, without OpenGL and the whole wacko thing that FH is mostly run on PC... but please be sure to go into Ogre.CFG and switch the top in brackets [ ] from OpenGL to Direct3D9 ((VICE/VERSA))

Offline .Kora.

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 17, 2018, 03:13:52 am »
Hey so I've got the game up and running and everything but it keeps telling me it has failed to connect to the front server. Has anyone had any issues with this? If so how did you fix it?

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 17, 2018, 04:14:43 am »
Hey so I've got the game up and running and everything but it keeps telling me it has failed to connect to the front server. Has anyone had any issues with this? If so how did you fix it?
Very common,  Check this thread. (clickable link should be those underlined words)

Looks like you last posted on the forums (that i know of) back when there wasn't an extra security step in place, hence i pointed this out.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline SenseiRei

• Dedicated Supporter
    • royaldog12
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 17, 2018, 08:27:40 pm »
Very common,  Check this thread. (clickable link should be those underlined words)

Looks like you last posted on the forums (that i know of) back when there wasn't an extra security step in place, hence i pointed this out.

To go with  Kuri and Kora's posts, for you Kora mon cher, also once logging in through the security thing, please wait a couple of seconds until you log in to the game. :) Patience is one of the many keys to a happy life.

Offline CasualGal

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 22, 2018, 02:56:40 pm »
If it is crashing, you should click "Create a Shortcut" instead of running it and then open through the desktop. That fixed the crashing for me. Also, installing maps/markings/items etc. is possible. On PlayonMac/Linux, you should select FeralHeart and then click "Open the directory", which will then open the regular FeralHeart folder which you can then install things just like normal. Hope I helped!

Thank you! This worked for me as well.