Author Topic: General Improvements  (Read 9119 times)

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
General Improvements
« on: July 26, 2019, 09:51:59 pm »
\\ General Improvements //

• Chat Commands
    Chat commands are commands a user may enter into the chat box to perform certain actions in-game. A chat command is signified by starting with a forward slash /.
    Any messages starting with a forward slash won't show in the chat box publicly, even if the command isn't valid.

/w [username] [message]=> Allows you to message another player privately.
    /friend [username]=> Adds the user to your friend list.
    /block [username]=> Adds the user to your block list.
    /info [username]=> Opens the user's player info.
    /clear=> Clears the chatbox.
    /mod=> See how many moderators are online.
    /g [message]=> Sends a message to group chat.
    /p [message]=> Sends a message to party chat.

• Game Localization
    How many of you think it would be a good idea if the game was translated into other languages? Due to general thoughts that have been popping up over time regarding game translation and localization, I started working on a project that'd support the including of players from many different cultures and backgrounds. I wanted to ensure a truly authentic experience for our players - regardless of their nationality. It'd be great if we could have the option to choose the language of our game or something of the sort implemented in the upcoming patches. What's more, game translation and localization also opens doors to advertise FH worldwide!

/langue [language] => Changes the language used by the game (must be a valid 2-letter language code). I.e. /langue es.

• Report System

By clicking it, the button would open up a window where you will be asked why you would like to report the player and where you must attach at least one screenshot. Diversely, it would take the player to a "How to Report A User" thread where both old and new users can learn how to report an in-game user if they didn't know how to already and the reporting system can still work the way it does through the forum using the tools we already have.

/report [username] => Opens up the report window where you'll be asked why you would like to report the player.

If you're caught abusing the report system to spam and/or annoy the mods, it could result in a warning, kick and in some cases a ban from the game.

• Chat Tabs
      Whispering is a feature that allows you to send private messages to another user. You could whisper by using the /w [username] [message] command, or by clicking on someone%u2019s username and then clicking the Whisper button in their Info tab. It would be amazing if we could have separate tabs for every single whisper conversation we have with other players.

• Sanctions Section
      Whenever an account is banned in-game and this account logs in the forums, a pop-up notification saying "Your account has been banned. Click here for more information." would appear. The link will lead them to a section in their forum profile with previous and recent sanctions. The section will be composed of information about the type of the sanction, the reason, the duration and when does it end. The only issue I would see here is if a user is also banned on the forum, preventing them to see the aforementioned section.

Example (Outdated):

• Small Announcements (Monthly Newsletter)
      I suggest the creation of a thread for small announcements that don't need a brand-new thread, such as what is going on behind the curtains, as well provide updates on game server downtimes, staff resignations, promotions and absences, updates on rules and topics, transparency on current discussions, teasers for upcoming events, community statistics and charts, etc. It would remain locked and only staff members would be able to post.

• Community Portal (Player Submitted Content)
      It'd be amazing having a large selection of player submitted fan art, game fan fiction and screenshots. Great community contributions and fun content may even be highlighted in update threads, monthly newsletters and livestreams (Fan Screenshot of the Month, Fan Art Spotlight, etc). The finest creations would also be showcased throughout official FH social media.

• Bigger Item List
      Back in 2018, Disgustedorite had made a modification, which made it possible to enlarge your item list. Tired of difficult pixel-perfect scrolling? Make it an implementation in the upcoming patches.

• Variety of Biomes
      First and foremost, I would like to start off by saying that Impressive Title allowed for exploration of a massive world with a wide variety of biomes to explore, from a frozen tundra to a roiling volcano. The public maps need different styles and forms, some additional fun elements, and last but not least, a variety of biomes. The community, as roleplayers, needs more environments, such as a tropical rainforest (jungle) biome, a desert biome, a swamp/bog biome, a savanna biome, a tundra biome, and maybe even a volcano biome. The idea of biomes would provide different habitats for all kinds of unique characters, species and roleplays to fit the needs of players with social interests and love for different environments. It's less boxed in and looking back at the aftermath of previous map updates, I feel people prefer when maps aren't connected by walls but rather by water.

Thank you for taking the time to read my suggestion thread. Please let me know your thoughts in the comment field below!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 08:20:16 pm by Insoholic »

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline angelre0702

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
  • Been here a while.
    • killingcve
    • View Profile
Re: Game Improvements
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 10:35:03 pm »
I really like these! Reminds me of how Elder Scrolls Online works. Hopefully these will get implemented!

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 10:45:41 pm »
I love all of these suggestions! Especially the chat tabs cuz hell I always loose track of my whisper convos. I have one thing to say about the report system though.

In-game report systems are almost always abuseable. FH had one before but I think it was removed because it didn't really work. If it was re-added, I'm afraid people would just use it if they have some sort of grudge against someone, and it would be hard to find the legit reports. Also people could mass report someone when they didn't do anything wrong and the person could get punished for no reason. I think it just adds another step to the current report system.
"You will gain 1 Floof/Karma point for every reported player who is banned." Yeah this is very exploitable. People would go on mass report rampage for the smallest things just so they could get points, not for the safety of the community.

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2019, 11:03:33 pm »
Yeah I'm a bit wary of the report system myself. Honestly, with enough moderators around and players to report bad behavior, I think we're good. Everything else though, heck yeah. I especially love the chat tabs.

Offline Aico

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Le bleh bleh bleh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2019, 11:43:58 pm »
These suggestions sound awesome! Especially the chat box buttons. I’d love to see these implemented into the game some time if it’s 100% possible :)

Offline Mage

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • i go to the crime scenes i eat the mysteries
    • Lunch
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2019, 12:09:03 am »
I'd love the idea of separate tabs for whispers as well. In fact, I'd personally enjoy it for any type of different chat (local, party, group). Perhaps with a toggle-able option to let buttons light up or slowly flicker when a chat you're not looking at gets a new message. Chat commands (especially /silence and /silence*) and game localization also sound lovely.

However, I also agree with WolfQueen and Azura about the karma system. Even if it's not intended to reward players, a counter that goes up for "good" reports (even if it doesn't do anything) may just make some players unecessarily eager to rack up a sort of "morality" or "staff's pet" score. It might help if this was implemented in secret and only visible to staff, but even then it's hard to decide how trustworthy individual in-game reports are at times since ways to supply evidence in-game are a lot more limited, so I'm not sure staff would get much mileage out of it.
In-game user is Mage
They/them
Discord is Dwyll #4093

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2019, 12:35:57 am »
Chat tabs would be a life saver. Can't count how many times I've accidentally typed something in the wrong chat while whispering someone ahaha. All of these sound like very nice quality of life changes.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2019, 02:38:19 am »
I really like these! Reminds me of how Elder Scrolls Online works. Hopefully these will get implemented!
Yup! Reminds me a lot of ESO as well.

@Deucaliorn I love the commands and the chat tabs. Excellent ideas!

In regards to the report feature, proper evidence needs to be provided for any bans to be placed so within that report feature would have to be some sort of screenshot interface after pressing the report button. The screenshots would have to show the details of the offense and if the offense was inappropriate character biography content, it would have to show that as well. Requiring screenshots for the report to send would also help us sort through the reports and be able to tell if a user is abusing the system (say, if they repeatedly sent screenshots with no offenses within them).
An idea:
A user clicks "Report"
then a dialogue box pops up that requires at least one screenshot to be taken but can allow for more.
Then the user can click "Done" after the screenshots are taken.
After the screenshot menu is closed, another dialogue box pops up allowing the user to type up a description of the incident and then send it. The screenshots from the screenshots folder then are sent off to the staff. Maybe this can be done! I'm not sure but it would be nice

I'm all for making reporting more accessible and user-friendly. ^^
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Telluric

• the future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, killjoys? make some noise!
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • -cue live studio audience groan
    • telluricdog
    • artelluric
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2019, 02:52:22 am »
love the first two options sm. commands remind of me dd actually and all the times during like. parties where people would mess w/ em and be like xuser has eaten a cookie
love to see smthin like that in fh tbh
they say the world is endin'

well maybe it's about time!
don't ask about the yellow flower
see you, space cowboy..

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2019, 07:47:37 am »
I like the idea of sending the chat log and or screenshots, as well as how Morgra put it; it being sent off to staff to review and log before action is taken.

If someone continuously tries to report someone simply out of hate, action could be taken appropriately since staff would be able to review the data.

I imagine it would show up something like how the PMs works. You'd click on "Report Logs" and be brought to a list.

User 4's Report Log {New!}
User 1's Report Log {New!}
User 3's Report Log
User 2's Report Log

When you click on either user, it's like opening a thread or viewing your messages on the forum with a date and time of when it was sent. Once you click on a report (message), it would bring up all the data sent in the report.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 08:08:21 am by Ame88 »

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort