Author Topic: Map objects disappeared  (Read 1265 times)

Offline Lightning597

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Map objects disappeared
« on: January 08, 2020, 11:29:25 pm »
So, I have this map I made last year. It was a very intricate mountain map with a LOT of specifically placed rocks to climb, took me a long time to make. When I tried to visit this map earlier this week, everything was fine!

When I tried to visit it today? all my rocks just up and poofed! This is rather disheartening, considering the amount of time I spent on it. Its not just in-game either, they dont even show up in the map maker.

The weirdest part is that some of the rocks are still there? But a grand majority of them vanished, as if deleted from the map.

The only thing I did today that might have caused this was that I reinstalled the legendary markings/items packs, but I don't know if thats the problem. I also tried to change my render system, which didn't work.

Is there any way to fix this? Or is all hope lost? :(

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Re: Map objects disappeared
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 12:01:26 am »
If that's the only thing that changed since visiting the map then I feel like the best thing to do right now is to get the defauly markings back to see if things go back to the way they were? It'd be very unusual if this were the case...

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Lightning597

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 12:11:11 am »
I didn't know how else to restore the defaults other than to reinstall the game entirely. Legendary markings/items are no longer installed and the problem is still there, so it definitely wasn't that. It's really weird that reinstalling the game did nothing

Something else I did notice though, is that the map is just super laggy now. Its a hefty map so I'm not surprised, but my computer never had trouble with it until today. If the objects are gone, that should make it LESS laggy if anything which is odd

EDIT: I am also still capable of placing new objects, and they show up fine
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 12:13:53 am by Lightning597 »

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 12:27:14 am »
You can get back-ups of the files you need to replace from here!

You can get the markings folder from the 'textures' download, and the markings.cfg from the 'Main Folder Contents' download.

Be sure to delete both the markings.cfg and the markings folder before replacing them in order for it to work correctly!

Either that or move your markings.cfg and the markings folder to your desktop and then it will save some faffing around in case restoring the default markings doesn't work- that way you can access the markings you installed immediately.

Try this first and then if it doesn't work, we'll look into other things!

Offline Lightning597

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2020, 12:37:38 am »
Okay, I tried it with both replacing the markings and the items, still no results unfortunately

Offline Bawfle

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2020, 01:00:04 am »
Peculiar...

How old is the map? and are you able to modify the map from map maker? or is this map an old map of yours that you've got installed but have no access/ability to modify it anymore due to lost files?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 01:02:06 am by Bawfle »

Offline Lightning597

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2020, 05:19:24 am »
I made it around April 2019, so its rather recent. I have all the files for it and can open it in map maker. Although the objects that disappeared don't appear in the map maker, I am capable of editing the map