Author Topic: Game crashing in certain maps upon entry  (Read 999 times)

Offline EARec

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Icon by me /Symbiosis /cobrawl
    • https://www.deviantart.com/storm
    • View Profile
Game crashing in certain maps upon entry
« on: January 10, 2020, 03:33:18 am »
Hello! So, I've been having this issue for awhile. Every time I try to go to ANY map besides The Grounds, my game will go to the loading screen and then immediately close out and crash. I don't have duplicate particles, and the only mods I have are brand new ones. I'm seriously at a loss, I have no idea why it keeps crashing. Besides Cape, Lonely Cave, The Grounds, and downloaded maps, all the other in-game maps crash upon entry. No error message or anything. If you have any suggestions, I'd appreciate it. Thank you!

:'(
xoxo Sym xoxo

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
Re: Game crashing in certain maps upon entry
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 04:09:38 am »
Hai there. Here's a list of what could be causing this to happen.

• Flipping through tabs can sometimes cause the game to randomly crash or when you have too many programs open at the same time while running FeralHeart.
  • You can also set your own preferences inside the options menu inside the game.
    Turn off water reflection, set your view distance to 0 and turn off name tags (you can always turn on name tags after you manage to get in the map).
  • Perhaps you've installed content such as mods, markings, items, and/or textures improperly or they themselves are causing errors.
  • Make sure there's no security software blocking the game.
  • Your computer doesn’t handle the game well due to graphics card issues and you'll have to update your graphic card drivers.
  • Check if you have any double particles.
    Go to C:/FeralHeart/media/particles and search for any .particle file ending with _0, _1, _2, _3, etc. Make sure to delete them.

I understand you've already checked for double particles so ignore that one. Hope this helps somewhat.

Offline EARec

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Icon by me /Symbiosis /cobrawl
    • https://www.deviantart.com/storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 06:18:34 am »
Hai there. Here's a list of what could be causing this to happen.

• Flipping through tabs can sometimes cause the game to randomly crash or when you have too many programs open at the same time while running FeralHeart.
  • You can also set your own preferences inside the options menu inside the game.
    Turn off water reflection, set your view distance to 0 and turn off name tags (you can always turn on name tags after you manage to get in the map).
  • Perhaps you've installed content such as mods, markings, items, and/or textures improperly or they themselves are causing errors.
  • Make sure there's no security software blocking the game.
  • Your computer doesn’t handle the game well due to graphics card issues and you'll have to update your graphic card drivers.
  • Check if you have any double particles.
    Go to C:/FeralHeart/media/particles and search for any .particle file ending with _0, _1, _2, _3, etc. Make sure to delete them.

I understand you've already checked for double particles so ignore that one. Hope this helps somewhat.

Thank you! I did try the reflection thing and it didn't seem to do anything. I'm thinking it may be my mods, but before I resort to reinstalling, I'll try some of the other things listed. I don't have any anti-virus so that's not the issue. I usually run Discord, Chrome, my music, and Feralheart so I'll try closing one of those and see what happens!
xoxo Sym xoxo

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 09:35:03 am »
It's probably either because of your mods, your graphics card or your internet connection. If you usually have a good internet connection then I'd probably rule that one out. Let me know how you go!