Author Topic: Just got make into the game- very confused  (Read 1015 times)

Offline KestreltailX

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Just got make into the game- very confused
« on: January 20, 2020, 10:02:02 pm »
I just got back into FH today and im very confused about somethings lol ^^;

1. I have downloaded the updated legendary markings/items to try and fix this issue but  certain areas on my characters are block white, like there is no texture. This is also the case for other characters that I see. Only their manes/tufts show up, normally black (idk if thats an issue of just what those people chose)

1.5. For example, in older versions I had a character with the Yin and Yang markings but it isnt showing up on the list  and the texter was that blank white until i clicked on markings already in the list

2. Only basic items are showing up (ear feather etc) and when I go to add another one, it says I already have 4 items- it just isnt showing up in the list or on the character.

3. Markings are still limited??? Items from the ledg. pack isnt showing up- Im pretty sure I have installed it correct

-Maybe my game's broke????
-- I have the feeling that I may need to download past marking and item packs to fix this?

(also i have downloaded this interface and it isnt working (not showing up at all) I havent dwld ed the  ENB, im confused about that too so idk whats going on!! Also the locked post abt custom mods 'breaking games' from july, has anyone herd anything since? )

I wish I could be more clear in what I want to say im just  b o g g l e d. Dm if you want detail i guess xd
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 10:28:00 pm by KestreltailX »

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
Re: Just got make into the game- very confused
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 08:59:35 am »
Welcome back to FH!

With the legendary packs, did you put the Markings.cfg files in both the main FH folder and the markings/items folder?

As for the ENB, what one did you use and how did you install it? Before you answer those questions though try changing the rendering system in game to see if it works. FHHD won't work for me unless I have it running with Direct3D.

Offline KestreltailX

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 05:58:34 pm »
Welcome back to FH!

With the legendary packs, did you put the Markings.cfg files in both the main FH folder and the markings/items folder?

As for the ENB, what one did you use and how did you install it? Before you answer those questions though try changing the rendering system in game to see if it works. FHHD won't work for me unless I have it running with Direct3D.

I have done that, and double checked just now but still have some/most characters show up in white and for the interface (https://www.deviantart.com/unnuuk/art/FeralHeart-Wild-Interface-and-Podium-Overhaul-617057130)
I have just downloaded the interface, not the ENB I am unsure of how it works and what exactly to do after download, I have changed the in-game settings already

Offline LadySigyn

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 06:53:43 am »
Try downloading this, and placing it in your textures folder. Make sure to overwrite the other one.

Ahh okay, I thought you downloaded an ENB as you made a bit of a typo in your first post. My bad. The interface files go into your textures folder, and the podium goes into Feralheart >> media >> terrains >> fhmaps, and overwrite your old podium.

If none of these work then I'd suggest reinstalling your game, something might've gone wrong in the installation process.

Offline KestreltailX

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2020, 09:17:41 pm »
I have done what you have suggested but there is no difference, I have reinstalled the game too.
One thing that does confuse me is that it is only the items and markings and interfaces/skins messing up- my maps have stayed the same.

Has this is only happening because i updated the game?? I have also installed the interface now (just to clear that up, sorry!)

edit: i explored some old maps of mine and a few textures are missing, i think i am just missing texture files?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 09:47:22 pm by KestreltailX »

Offline LadySigyn

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2020, 10:04:01 pm »
Definitely sounds like you got some textures missing there. I'd suggest downloading the FH installer through the torrent version, sometimes the normal installer can be missing files in the download. Should do the trick.