Poll

Should FH add the option to make the wing tips a diff color?

YES, BEST IDEA EVER!
3 (11.1%)
I think that would be a good idea
7 (25.9%)
Maybe
4 (14.8%)
Not the worst idea
3 (11.1%)
NO WAY! THAT IDEA IS STUPID!
4 (14.8%)
I'm not sure
5 (18.5%)
(plz ignore this option, I accidentally added it)
1 (3.7%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: October 03, 2014, 12:57:39 am

Author Topic: Feral Heart [ ] APP!  (Read 5364 times)

Offline Larkain

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • The Dragon Soars...
    • View Profile
Feral Heart [ ] APP!
« on: September 19, 2014, 12:57:39 am »
I just hink it would be cool if we could have black wings, but let the tips be a diff color such as yellow or red, blue, ect.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 01:51:14 am by The Skrill »

Offline TheApplePie

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • I breathe dan howell
    • View Profile
Re: Feral Heart [ ] APP!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 07:55:35 am »
Feralheart is a HUGE community with thousands of users playing everyday.
I'm sorry to say that the game is simply to much for a small device such as a smartphone.
Also, the transfer into the phone is impossible, unless Kovu decides to pass on the coding to us.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 08:03:16 am by Acrylics »

let's be emo in a gerard way

http://fiixl.deviantart.com/

Offline Kwibjo

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 10:40:15 am »
Yeah, I don't really see it working on iOS/Android/Windows Phone mainly for technical reasons. Sure, it might be cool for someone to just whip out a smartphone and start playing FH with people but there's alot to consider. For example, how will the game control? How will you move and see chat at the same time? Will you have to constantly switch between looking at characters and looking at what people are saying? Even with a 1080p screen, 5.5inches isn't much room for having both open at the same time. Not to mention other problems like cross platform compatibility between the devices.

There are solutions to making OGRE, the game engine that FH runs on to work on mobile devices like this: https://github.com/gamekit-developers/gamekit but like Acrylics said, without the game source code there's no way you're going to get it to work. Not to mention having to rebuild the game from the ground up in the respective languages that each device uses since its not just as simple as bundling Wine like the 'mac' version of FH uses to make it work on OS X. :c

Edit: Not to mention how piss poor the game is right now when it comes to having more than 10 people on screen at once. I mean its a great case of why multi threaded support is needed. But OGRE isn't exactly the best engine to go with anyway. But normally companies like Apple have strict guidelines on how the game should perform on a device. Like making sure it runs at 30+ FPS most of the time and not drawing all the life out of your battery in less than 10 minutes.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 10:53:11 am by Kwibjo »

Not around much anymore but add me on Discord if you want to chat. jellyfish2224

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 10:44:25 am »
Sadly I must agree. Feral Heart is too large of a game to be played on a app on a tiny mobile device. Also the controls most likely would be a bit more difficult than a computer. I highly doubt people would like the app due to it not being as user friendly. Though it is a very interesting idea for Feral Heart. Just hope it would work.

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 06:18:27 pm »
Well, it would be cool, but sadly, as stated above, the game is so huge, and there are so many controls, plus we don't have the source code. A lovely idea, but unfortunately, not possible with our current level of technology.

But I think it would be possible to create a forum app. I turned cookies off on my phone a while ago and forgot how to turn them back on, so I can't get on the site from my phone, but perhaps there was an app. I mean, It would make it easier for big forum users and stalkers like me to see what's going on if something were to occur in which we couldn't get to a computer.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 05:41:36 pm »
Aye, this would be a good idea, but, the game would overload a mobile devices processor and practicly burn the device out. If you were saying maybe for quck on tap forum acess, that would be good, and can be done without the source code, the staff would need to okay it tho c:

All in all, this seems pretty good ^^ Good thoughts floof!

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline Larkain

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • The Dragon Soars...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 01:45:39 am »
Ok, i suppose you guys are right, i'm new to this game, and i dont really understand how they make apps or online games, thx for at least commenting and not just shooting this idea down. Have a great time on Feral Heart everyone! :)

Offline Silvertigress96

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2021, 02:47:52 pm »
Perhaps make it so you can make a character for fh on mobile app