Author Topic: FeralHeart Feedback  (Read 21157 times)

AlphaEclipse

Re: FeralHeart Feedback
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2020, 05:16:58 am »
@DylanCheetah - I don't have much of an issue with Raz, nor do I care much about what he does. I don't really care if he cares either—his job is to be the server master, he shouldn't even be relevant if this wasn't a broken game. I don't blame him for staying quiet. What is disturbing is that he has a staff team that should be able to take care of communication problems. He obviously is aware of FH happenings, but still, through the lack of permissions he gives his staff team, he obviously is not bothered enough to take the state of this game seriously. Ask the staff about the problems with Raz. I'm sure you know about them anyways.

Given the fact that he held the source code the entire time before xSpirit came along says a lot. It doesn't matter that he hired xSpirit if xSpirit is now gone, along with his developers. Don't you think there were obvious problems in communication between staff and these now ex-devs?

This isn't about Raz, this is about the lack of explanation and consideration by ALL STAFF.

SpicyDirt

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2020, 05:20:57 am »
Hey y'all. I am currently working on a response for everyone that makes sure all sides are included and properly portrayed. Until then I'd like to ask to keep conversation off of this certain topic.

I do promise that I will address everything though.

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • Stand up for what is right!
    • DylanCheetah
    • channel/UCqd67NThdXJwpXimwYb3kaQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2020, 05:27:27 am »
Sorry about that @SpicyDirt. I was just trying to help.

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2020, 05:47:37 am »
Create a roadmap
The simple answer for now: fix what's broken; make current stuff better; add new stuff.

I have noticed, that they don't really come on.
Now that I have a PC again, I can at least explain my absence / lack of activity. My seriously outdated computers all died of old age (RIP xD) and I had to get a new one. That's been taken care of, I have a much better modern PC now. c:

Lag.
At the moment the solutions are: Stop using a toaster. Turn graphics quality down. Use smaller screen resolution. Get better PC.

Just let the community know what you're working on
Well, part of it is the podium event. Not exactly a top priority thing, nor is it the only thing, but it'd be nice to not stare at a white bland/blinding background while in the character selection, yeah? To all the podium submissions that might be reading this, all of your submissions look wonderful, thank you!

Too much cheese,
not enough ham.
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Calvary

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2020, 06:01:17 am »
Create a roadmap
The simple answer for now: fix what's broken; make current stuff better; add new stuff.

I have noticed, that they don't really come on.
Now that I have a PC again, I can at least explain my absence / lack of activity. My seriously outdated computers all died of old age (RIP xD) and I had to get a new one. That's been taken care of, I have a much better modern PC now. c:

Lag.
At the moment the solutions are: Stop using a toaster. Turn graphics quality down. Use smaller screen resolution. Get better PC.

Just let the community know what you're working on
Well, part of it is the podium event. Not exactly a top priority thing, nor is it the only thing, but it'd be nice to not stare at a white bland/blinding background while in the character selection, yeah? To all the podium submissions that might be reading this, all of your submissions look wonderful, thank you!

Too much cheese,
not enough ham.

I don't know if this was meant as a joke, but I think we all know what I meant by roadmap. Instead of a simple answer, I'm very sure that the staff team can give us more than that.

No new models? New maps? New updates to the forum? I'm just saying as a simple suggestion, create an actual roadmap of what you guys plan to do, or what the community can vote on. You don't have to go in-depth, but just let people know what exactly you plan to add, fix, and remove. That way everyone knows what you guys are doing and the community can decide for themselves what they are content with. Take into account that you don't have to hide everything. The community wants to have a voice in what gets added, what is being worked on, etc. They want to know what you guys are planning next.

No more of this short answer stuff.

And what I meant by 'let the community know what you're working on' I didn't mean taking submissions. I mean what staff plans to do, where they plan to take these things. The podium event can speak for itself, but not everything has been crystal clear. As I am going to quote here as an example.

Not exactly a top priority thing, nor is it the only thing,

Basically what I'm saying is, be more open to sharing the work you guys are doing. If you're really scared of another game stealing your ideas or doing whatever, I really think you guys should consider the multitudes of games out there who update their playerbase regardless of competition.

Plus, I didn't think any of this was supposed to be a competition, but it seems it's being taken as one. Am I wrong?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 06:03:30 am by Calvary »

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2020, 06:17:25 am »
Questions: what's going to happen in the future?
Concerns: i have no idea what things you are planning to do and i'm curious.
Suggestions: can you tell what new features you have planned for in this rumored update?
Other: i'm wondering what's preventing you guys from talking about this.

SpicyDirt

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2020, 06:36:32 am »
Questions: How did you just find out about the block glitch when its been a thing since the start of the game? Why can't you tell us about the road map? Wouldn't that be a risky move to surprise us again? When will the moderators in training be promoted? Why are you making this thread if you are temporary? Will the troublesome and inactive mods/admins be demoted and replaced?
Concerns: Lag. My computer gets really hot when playing feral heart. Also the fact mods have been confirmed to watch movies while watching chat. Why not interact or step down if they are so bored?
Suggestions: Get rid of maps that no one uses. AKA the underwater one.
Other: I am not trying to be rude or pushy. We just need answers.

The block glitch, I am assuming you are referring to the rocks and such that was brought up by Dark_Heart, was small and difficult to work on since technically those meshes and objects were not ours to take and mess around with. As for the road map and this thread, that will be more elaborated on below.

The moderators are not really much that I can elaborate on as I am only a MOTS and not a full staff member - but, and I do apologize as this is gonna be a bit of opinion, the moderators still do keep an eye on the chat and names and such to make sure that people are still safe and everyone is following the rules. I can say myself that while I love this game and community and want to do as much as possible for both, I still generally have movies/YouTube/drawing up also.

Lag will be addressed and fixed to the best of our ability soon. c:

Getting rid of the maps could find to be more of an issue than a fix - from the recent FeralHeart Radio Broadcast we actually found that a few still do use that underwater map. Getting rid of the maps may be a bit upsetting to some of the other users - but I do completely understand where you are coming from with that.

Since I'm really not sure how clear the community has to be in order for this to be understood, but I think Jango was implying a roadmap for the community to actually look at what's being done instead of keeping the community in the dark with these 'surprises' that we seem to constantly get. Just let the community know what you're working on instead of hiding it, truly. This is a constant thing and frankly? I don't know why it all has to be hidden from public view.

That's my suggestion. Create a roadmap for the community to look at.

This will be addressed below :)

Since I do not mind being harsh, I have to say this is comical. This is absolutely nothing to do with SpicyDirt either—I appreciate them making this as it is their attempt to connect with the community—but why the hell does this thread exist? There is an entire board dedicated to allowing users to voice their opinions and suggestions on both the forum and the game. The staff know what the community wants to see, and the continuous refusal to show give some explanation is embarrassing for those working on the team dedicating themselves to this dying game.

Having MOTS and others occasionally post threads like these (just as I have in the past) does not excuse the developers (whoever they may be now, lol)/staff/Raz lack of content and connect. We all have lives, but it is just sad that Raz cannot even allow his own staff team to just do some basic fixes, such as the block issue, etc. This is unsettling for those who have dedicated themselves to this game, whether they be former staff, staff, or regular players. So many people have voiced their opinions and still remain unheard.

My suggestion? Transparency, and maybe the ability to take some criticism. Stop thinking that those looking to find issues want to just destroy that false sense of power staff have. Get some new staff that want to think outside the box, or maybe talk to those old developers that moved on due to "creative differences" for some advice.

Also, probably is time to make Bloo, Iris, etc. full moderators. I think after almost a year they have enough experience taking care of the 100 max. users online at any given time.

I will address my involvement with this post and such below. As for Transparency - that is a bit of my own fault. You guys nominated me to be the connection and I am not sure that I have been the best to you guys and the community. As for the criticism, I think that you'll be seeing a huge improvement on this when the new update does come out!

The MITS, while I do agree with you, have been making GREAT progress that most certainly deserves praise on their part. While their training has only recently begun, they will be full moderators in a short time! :)

I don't want to sound rude, but I COMPLETELY agree with this. I personally think Spicy deserves to post this, however, I do NOT like that MOTS get to be involved into staff related stuff. With our community being able to choose who we want as electives, you don't know who is getting picked. Which means, it's a risky thing. Staff do staff things, MOTS are elected to be looked up to and seen by many as someone who should be recognized for what they have done for the community. That doesn't mean they should be doing things staff get to do because that's the staffs job. And I also don't want to sound rude because I love the current staff, with many of them being my friends. BUt I have noticed, that they don't really come on. I've never heard about the movie thing or them being bored, but I do think we should rethink our choices a bit for who we choose and if we really want to commit to something, especially if we really want this game to be as big as we want it to be. Like I said, no hate, this is MY opinion and i'm saying it because I believe we need to realize this. Thank you for sharing you opinions, Cilantro. I don't think you're sending hate at all. I mean, this thread did ask for our opinions, so...

I am going to mush all of the posts referring to my involvement, this post, and the road map right here.

You all nominated me into this position for a reason, and with that came the opportunity to work along side the staff team. Now personally I felt like I have not done enough for you guys, I haven't done enough to help with the transparency between staff and community. I took that and asked permission to post this instead of having a staff member post this - that way I would be able to interact with the community and be able to prove to you guys that I do care for this community and want it to grow. Doing this meant that I took away that spotlight from the moderators and MITS - so I am to blame for this post seeming like the staff aren't doing anything. I can promise you that the staff are doing quite a lot for you guys right now and are also assisting me when it comes to some of the questions, concerns, and suggestions of this post.

As for the road map and the whole surprise aspect of it - the main goal of the update is to show the staff and development team are taking your suggestions, concerns, and ideas into consideration. The whole staff and development team decided to keep the update a surprise to be an awesome gift for the community. They want you guys to get excited for the update and have that element of surprise. Their way of going about it is like Christmas - you know that something good is coming but the surprise of opening those gifts add to the excitement of the whole day! Maybe, instead of getting a complete road map, the staff and development team might be able to come up with a release date for you guys. That way, just like Christmas, you have a set day where you know that something amazing will be happening. :)

l3irdie

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2020, 12:00:06 pm »
I just want to chime in and say; it's that element of surprise that no one likes and I don't understand why that's hard to fully understand. It's a bit asinine and blissfully ignorant to assume the community (and not just the frequent forum users) would enjoy the update if the content they've been asking for isn't guaranteed and especially do not have faith in management.

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2020, 02:39:40 pm »
Questions: What's the maximum amount of polygons FeralHeart can handle in one object or player model before the lag gets too bad? Also, is there a way to make a Blender file that includes any new animations like TailScale?

Concerns: Connection problems some are having. Also, the Play Game tab.

Suggestions: A public map that's super warm, like a desert. Also perhaps a jungle as a public map. Also, a way to select what set of character animations a character uses, so characters can be set to stumble around clumsily or look proud or stomp angrily etc.

Other:

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2020, 03:08:35 pm »
Questions: Why so picky about maps and map layouts? I think FH could be a great game for people's imaginations to go wild. You want a space map? DO A SPACE MAP! What's stopping us?

Concerns: Staff communications with themselves. As we've seen in the past, there are a lot of clashes that tend to leak out onto us. Staff need to all get on the same page as well as they can. I understand noy everyone will agree with the same thing, but there shouldn't be drama over it.

Suggestions: Get. Rid. Of. That. Login page. There are other ways to make the server secure now. And maybe my ideas with map creative freedom.

Other: Sorry if everything seems messy and short. I'm having to use my phone.