Author Topic: how do I create a world of many maps?  (Read 2060 times)

Offline evelynn

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • ^v^ Keep a Happy face, adopt a SMILEY! ^v^
    • View Profile
how do I create a world of many maps?
« on: November 07, 2011, 10:49:00 pm »
I have a volcanic out-lands, a plain-y, marshy, valley beach land, and a people infested hilly lakey area. All these I want to conglomerate. How do I do it? They have the portal things I try to set up but whenever I try to enter the [portals I put on the map it treats it like I'm running into a wall.

Pet's name: Lillina
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Come back horsie!!!

Offline Zaephyr

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
  • The Derpinater
    • View Profile
    • Atrum Lux
Re: how do I create a world of many maps?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 10:11:37 pm »
I'm not sure what you mean, but i'm asuming you want to link your maps together?
If so, what you need to do, is this:

1. Open up the map you wish to link in the map maker, go to the Object tab and go down to the text box under the  Gate Destination text, and type in the EXACT name of the map in which you want to link your current map to, say, if you saved the map you are trying to link as SAVANNAHMAP you would put SAVANNAHMAP in there.

2. Now click "New Gate" and place it where you want te connecting portal to be.

3. Open up the map you just linked to, type in the name of the map you where just on and type its name in the Destination box and place it where you want it to be.

4. Repeat until you have all of your maps linked.

Now, asuming you want to add a portal to cape too, do this:

1. Go to the spot in the map in which you want the portal, hover over the exact point with your moue and at the bottom of the screen, coordinates should appear, once you have your spot, press print screen to take a screen shot.

2. Open up the C drive and go into your Feral Heart folder, then to your screenshots folder, scroll down to the bottom and the last one should be the one with the coordinates, open it up.

3. Go back to the map maker and go to the map tab and ensure that the "Has portal" box is checked, next, go into the X box and type in the first section of lettering in your coordinates, and then move onto the next set and type it in the Y box, continue with this until they are filled.

Hopefully i've been able to help you, my descriptions might be a bit confusing though x3