Author Topic: Viruses?  (Read 2446 times)

Offline Dragonwolf1290

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Viruses?
« on: September 21, 2018, 02:49:08 am »
So I've seen videos and comments saying that Feral Heart has viruses. Though these videos and comments were made in 2012 or somewhere around there, I just want to be sure. The only computer I can use is my family computer. So if I download Feral Heart will my computer get a virus?

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: Viruses?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 02:54:32 am »
As long as you do not download FH off of another site and are certain you are not clicking an ad, you will not get any viruses. On the download page, be sure to select "web setup" or "torrent (preferred)" (depending on your preferred method of installing), and nothing else
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 02:54:41 am »
Feralheart does not have any known viruses to date by any users that I know of.

You should be completely fine! c:
not active here anymore ♡

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 03:59:17 am »
I just want to add onto this with maybe watch out for certain mods/maps/etc if you decide to download any in the future for your game. I experienced a Trojan horse virus a while ago due to downloading a certain mod. Just a warning for you. c: Have fun playing!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 04:05:07 am by Sigyrn »

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 04:35:40 am »
If you download modifications for FeralHeart, then I suggest you get a good antivirus, such as Avast or Malwarebytes, or ZoneAlarm(ZoneAlarm may get annoying, though). I use two antiviruses(Zonealarm, and Malwarebytes), and I have not gotten a virus from modifying the game so far, but I still advise caution when modifying the game.

P.S. if you use two antiviruses, the antiviruses may conflict, so stick to one antivirus of your choosing, then you'll be able to remove any virus, if a modification gives you a virus.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 04:54:45 am by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Kahbloom

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 45
  • Happy Camper
    • Kahbloom
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 04:57:56 am »
I've been playing FH since '12 & I've never encountered any viruses. Don't worry! Just be smart & don't download anything super sketchy & you should be A-ok. :)
Please say hello if you see me in-game!
kahbloom.deviantart.com

Offline Dragonwolf1290

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2018, 10:23:57 pm »
I tried to download Feral heart and my computer or antivirus thing said it was dangerous.

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2018, 10:51:02 pm »
I tried to download Feral heart and my computer or antivirus thing said it was dangerous.
As many above you said, there is absolutely no threat within the download of FeralHeart.
You'll need to allow FeralHeart to bypass the firewall so it doesn't see it as a threat~
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2018, 10:25:15 am »
Many antivirus softwares will send out false threats about FH’s installer, but that’s just your antivirus being overly-protective in this case.
Norton is known to hate FeralHeart and give little warnings overall if that's what you use.

Is the computer allowing FeralHeart to connect to the internet?
Games like these needs to be able to connect to the internet, but sometimes Windows doesn't know if the game/application can be trusted or it just skips, adding the game to exceptions. If you aren't able to log on the game, this might be your issue.

Open up your Control Panel, located in the Start menu. Depending on which Operating system you use and which layout, it might look differently. But Windows firewall should be in the category "security," or just find the text, "Windows firewall" or "Allow a program through windows firewall". This should take you to the correct place.

Once there you'll get a new window with a list of programs. Try to locate FeralHeart.exe in there and add it to exceptions by marking the checkbox. If you can't find it, and the game to the list by yourself by pressing "add program."

If you don't understand how to do this still, ask someone else to do this for you.

Sometimes there might be something else blocking the program from accessing the internet. A good example of these are some Antivirus programs. This can vary a lot as well. But check up if by any chance your virus program might be blocking Feralheart. And just not only by clicking the icon in the corner sayings, "nope!" Look in the advanced menus and preferences first. Only you can check this.

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2018, 08:29:19 am »
The FeralHeart installer probably still in many cases get caught up as a potential threat from various anti-virus software, this is because there's no real license found for it and nothing can really acknowledge where it comes from or who made it. As far as the installer itself goes it should be fine however and I cannot really speak of it having any viruses over the years I used it.

What sites certain ads leads to however is another story, ads as a whole is the bane of our existence, but also the giver of life as it keeps our servers paid for.
Former community manager of FeralHeart