Author Topic: Moderator Free October  (Read 54708 times)

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
Re: Moderator Free October
« Reply #150 on: September 25, 2018, 10:43:15 am »
that's one way to solve this.

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline Sypix

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 25, 2018, 12:12:02 pm »
Understandably my post on this thread won't mean much. The whole community has already responded to injustice. But I want you to hear my voice as well.

Raz, I joined FH just a bit of time ago. In fact, I was adjusting to meeting everyone and could accept that not everyone would like me - hence, the block system. What is it you think people are using it for? To report violations? No. People use the block system to stop people from showing up in their chat because they just don't like them. People could easily tell their friends to mass block a player in chat for their own... I don't know, group liaison. But do you realize what has happened?

If I just joined and this has happened within the first few weeks, I'm not going to be thinking about myself. I'm thinking about the other new players, who will have this new system, and be banned in the span of the first month they're there because of those abusing the system. It's not as simple as a syllogism from two inferences, and that's why it's such a big deal.

I have heard from veteran members about what happened in the past. Many times over, people have turned against each other. Things can go to the wayside very quickly. To add to that, most of the community is underage. I don't want to admonish or chastise you, Raz. I just want to talk about you reconsidering this decision. I was there during the in-game rally that Esarosa posted. It just kept getting bigger, too. It didn't fizzle out 'til late.

The decision to not tell your staff members is wildly unreasonable. Your lack of in-game presence and forum presence doesn't cast up well to this post. People are threatening to leave, people I've met, and people you've probably met too - all if this... this idea goes through.

To all the community members, I apologize deeply. I hoped that my first post wouldn't have to be something that had to do with an issue like this. But I hope that FH never stops going, and I hope for it to one day be my primary site.

And the FH community's strength is something an update can never take away.
sypix . ✥ contact me ✥ . INTP

Offline Afterparty

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • moved to hellbent
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 25, 2018, 12:17:44 pm »
hey uhhhh long-time fh [furry heck] veteran here
its been a while since i've checked in on this game; this seems like a terrible idea but im curious to see how much more chaotic this game can get i suppose? it's been months since i've logged in but my curiosity is immense
moved to hellbent

Offline Michen_S

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
    • michensneeuwhart
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 25, 2018, 01:03:21 pm »
Raz? Can I speak to you for a minute? 'Cause this really is not a good idea.

Even if you posted this as a joke, just... Just stop this. You're creating a mess out of this.

Offline isauji

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • endlessrainbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 25, 2018, 01:31:54 pm »
Dear Raz,

You have dedicated members that have played this game since the beginning begging you not to make this change. I've been playing since '13 and don't think this is the right way to manage the game. I'd like to believe you have good intentions with this proposal but a game made for children desperately needs moderation or it will crumble into chaos. The system would be easily abused. I know myself and many other members have used this game as an outlet and safe haven to escape reality. Feral Heart is the core of my childhood and for the nostalgic feeling to be possibly ruined by a faulty system makes my heart ache. I'd be devastated for the plug to be pulled on our beloved game. Your reputation is suffering because of the lack of communication with the Feral Heart staff and community in general. A lot of people are terrified because you're not answering ANY of our questions on the thread. Please listen to our opinion on the system. If you want a better moderation/ban system then discuss it with the staff or community so we can help instead of letting the staff team be thrown under the bus and leaving the community a brief and horrifying statement. I personally think you took the wrong approach for this regardless if you meant no harm. However, I also think if you prove you can take advice from the player-base then your reputation will become stable. I ask that you listen to the community's pleading and not follow through with this proposition.

Sincerely,

Soft ♡

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 25, 2018, 02:01:21 pm »
Not really my business anymore seeing as I have long since departed FH, but I still feel inclined to say

...the heck? o.0

Well...good luck, FH

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 25, 2018, 02:19:05 pm »
IT's sad that so many people are actually scared. So many people have voiced their fears. Yet he sits there ignoring it, thinking this will magically make FeralHeart better. Do you even care for the well being of the game and its members anymore Raz? Do you not care what the community wants? Or is this all about you? Funny, how you are never involved with the game. YOu don't come in and interact with anyone hardly. Yet here you are, rejecting the staff's hard work just because they DARED to kind of bring back the old maps, simply because THEY listened to us like staff should and were doing what they thought was best. ANd now in your lashing out of them, you're ruining everyone else's time here.

IF you don't want to mess with the oh so terrible staff that went behind your back and tried making the game a better place, why not give the server up to someone else to run it? IF you're literally tired of being the server admin at this point, why don't you give it up?

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 25, 2018, 02:45:27 pm »
Are we not going to talk about how Nynx basically disappeared?

She's still there but if anyone was quick to catch...

` She made a thread in this same board, advertising and providing a link that leads to the next WIP patch that Raz himself specifically halted and wished not released.

Now, you cannot find her on the staff page, her comment that was originally directly under Raz's/the first comment was deleted, AND her very title of Global Moderator was striped.

All in one night.

I know her well enough to know she cares more for the community to do that... Vespian smells oppression and manipulation. A bully up on his pedestal.
To think some of you actually defended him.
gone

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• Community Champion
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 25, 2018, 02:53:26 pm »
This is more than just a game, and cannot be played with, especially not this way.
I know that you keep the server going and everything, but, If things go wrong (which they probably will), imagine just how many people, and how much of -their- dedication will simply vanish.
This is not just about the sever.
All the hard work behind thousands of presets, maps, textures, meshes, etc.
From all members of the community.
Years of hard work and dedication, not just the Mods, but also other members will disappear.
I don't know what the plan is with the whole ''moderator free october'' is, but it's not going to end well, unless it's stopped or removed after 1-2 days of it's start.
So please, for the love of god, don't do this.
So many people don't want this to happen! Literally no one does.

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• Community Champion
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 25, 2018, 02:53:52 pm »
Are we not going to talk about how Nynx basically disappeared?

She's still there but if anyone was quick to catch...

` She made a thread in this same board, advertising and providing a link that leads to the next WIP patch that Raz himself specifically halted and wished not released.

Now, you cannot find her on the staff page, her comment that was originally directly under Raz's/the first comment was deleted, AND her very title of Global Moderator was striped.

All in one night.

I know her well enough to know she cares more for the community to do that... Vespian smells oppression and manipulation. A bully up on his pedestal.
To think some of you actually defended him.

oh my God
what the actual f