Author Topic: A couple of notes  (Read 38433 times)

Offline RoloWagon

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • iBadge
    • a-harp-puff
    • View Profile
Re: A couple of notes
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2018, 03:10:51 pm »
Thank you for the update, Raz. I agree with you that everyone over-reacted and oversimplified, myself included. I let myself get swept up in the riot-inciting that others were engaging in, which I regret. Not having staff yesterday honestly made FH feel the chillest and most relaxed it's been in a really long time.

I'd definitely appreciate a little more explanation as to how the block/ban process will work, but I trust it won't be super easy to manipulate, which is what I know myself and many others are probably fearing. I appreciate you giving us even this much, because I didn't expect it.

Before anyone decides to disagree with me about "over-reacting," please remember that over the course of 24 hours, people decided to incite riots in the names of staff members who weren't even entirely innocent in this entire ordeal. They threw a fit, and like a blind mob, you (and I, to some extent) followed. You guys made a Discord server that has essentially become a rant and rave server where you guys THINK you're going to somehow create your own game over the course of 72 hours. Go ahead and make a new game, then, if you want to defend a lame duck staff team's honor. I'm not saying that this entire situation is perfect, and I don't necessarily agree with the moves Raz has taken. But that sure as heck doesn't mean that the staff does not have their own faults, either. (Not all of the staff has been bad, though, I'll be clear. Several of them are reasonable human beings.) Either stay and test this out, or don't. It's that simple.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 03:14:34 pm by RoloWagon »

Offline Given

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2018, 03:15:08 pm »
Thank you for the update, Raz. I agree with you that everyone over-reacted and oversimplified, myself included. I let myself get swept up in the riot-inciting that others were engaging in, which I regret. Not having staff yesterday honestly made FH feel the chillest and most relaxed it's been in a really long time.

I'd definitely appreciate a little more explanation as to how the block/ban process will work, but I trust it won't be super easy to manipulate, which is what I know myself and many others are probably fearing. I appreciate you giving us even this much, because I didn't expect it.

Before anyone decides to disagree with me about "over-reacting," please remember that over the course of 24 hours, people decided to incite riots in the names of staff members who weren't even entirely innocent in this entire ordeal. They threw a fit, and like a blind mob, you (and I, to some extent) followed. You guys made a Discord server that has essentially become a rant and rave server where you guys THINK you're going to somehow create your own game over the course of 72 hours. Go ahead and make a new game, then, if you want to defend a lame duck staff team's honor. I'm not saying that this entire situation is perfect, and I don't necessarily agree with the moves Raz has taken. But that sure as heck doesn't mean that the staff does not have their own faults, either. (Not all of the staff has been bad, though, I'll be clear. Several of them are reasonable human beings.) Either stay and test this out, or don't. It's that simple.

Agreed.

Offline RoloWagon

• Curious Wanderer
    • iBadge
    • a-harp-puff
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2018, 03:19:46 pm »
OOF, I'll also amend that I feel like, in the light of this most recent move and a lack of staff, it might be pertinent to put a warning up on the login site or somewhere new people can see it that some content might not be suitable for minors. Because. Well. As chill as I thought FeralHeart was last night for the public, there was definitely some immature and inappropriate stuff happening. It's true that I thought it was funny and enjoyed it, but I'm also not a minor. And I'd feel compelled to let younger players know that this kind of stuff is now going to be allowed. But that's it!

Offline glanua

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2018, 03:22:14 pm »
You know. I appreciate you coming out with explanation, Raz. It really is.

I honestly had a big post for this. But ^^^ it's all been said here.

Offline Rika_Kitty

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2018, 03:40:38 pm »
I've played this game for years, when a map gets deleted while a characters is in it, the character gets dropped off in a black void. The character does not get deleted.

Raz, you deleted people's characters and are now trying to pass it off as a "glitch"

it was also not some "random mediafire link", it was a link released by staff of an update in progress.

You very specifically targeted people who were in those maps and deleted their characters.

lying about things and trying to pass off the blame is not going to make anything better, and is in fact ridiculously unprofessional. This is not how you run a game. This is not how you run anything.
Co-Owner and Lead Modeler of Dawn of Eternity

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2018, 03:51:19 pm »
Now I remember why I left here in the first place.

Time for me to ske-fucking-daddle.
gone

Offline Arandomperson

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2018, 03:52:11 pm »
Since Raz went into our personal accounts and deleted the chars that went in the patch notes. Doesn't anyone else see that as a clear violation of privacy?
Merrp

Offline RoloWagon

• Curious Wanderer
    • iBadge
    • a-harp-puff
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2018, 03:54:57 pm »
We went into patched maps that not only weren't sanctioned, but were also put up as a direct retaliation by the staff to Raz' move with ModFree October. You are also MORE THAN FREE to recreate those characters. It takes five minutes. I did it yesterday. So, considering we all decided to go into those maps out of spite and that Raz owns the server and what little bit of a title FH has, it might have been shitty, but it wasn't entirely unwarranted. If you're all that ticked off, like I said. You can go off and try to create your own game.

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2018, 03:56:52 pm »
None of my characters were deleted, not even the character I was in the map with. I was there to see the map server vanish, and after that, I hopped into other maps, and to this day I see none of my characters missing. I disagree with the whole "Targetting characters for deletion" thing.

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Given

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2018, 03:57:14 pm »
Since Raz went into our personal accounts and deleted the chars that went in the patch notes. Doesn't anyone else see that as a clear violation of privacy?

I don't think he went into your account, he just deleted the patch map, which, caused the chars that were in there to be deleted. I'm also sure he don't got time to go through all of our accounts, getting your password and deleting the chars himself. Plus you could always make a new one if you want. And you can always make a new char.
Don't take this the wrong way, I'm just saying.