Author Topic: Weekly games?  (Read 3358 times)

Offline pickles82

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Your local shaman~!
    • gore-gen
    • View Profile
Weekly games?
« on: October 08, 2018, 03:56:14 am »
So we all have monthly things going on with the forums but what about in-game? I see a lot of the mods about and such. What if we were to have some of the mods host games every once in a while? Sometimes the grounds can feel really dead and with newer players and old entering, theres not many rps rightnow. These games could maybe help with diffusing some of the stress towards the Mods and also make people feel included and welcome? I dont know just an idea. Perhaps they could be silly games, get to know eachother games, literacy games (to help new comers), or holiday related.
Sig/Icon by me
In-game User: Pickles82

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly games?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 03:59:34 am »
Huh, kind of like Impressive Title servers and their race events, or four corners games. I believe that something like
that could work out. But instead of items. Maybe a forum badge; art piece; points; kind of like the old create a preset or seasonal party events. It'll
certainly get members hyped and more involved in the community.

Offline pickles82

• Curious Wanderer
  • Your local shaman~!
    • gore-gen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 04:10:52 am »
Huh, kind of like Impressive Title servers and their race events, or four corners games. I believe that something like
that could work out. But instead of items. Maybe a forum badge; art piece; points; kind of like the old create a preset or seasonal party events. It'll
certainly get members hyped and more involved in the community.
Oh I was never apart of Impressive Title, but that sounds fun :) Perhaps even a thread highlighting the monthly winners and screenshots of best moments
Sig/Icon by me

Calvary

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 04:17:05 am »
This would actually be enjoyable if we had forum badges and whatnot. Achievements for when you win games so it gives members an incentive to play.

This will definitely be brought up with staff, but for now we may just host games for the fun of it without prizes until we can figure out something. <3 Thank you for the suggestion. I may just start doing that with you guys.

Offline pickles82

• Curious Wanderer
  • Your local shaman~!
    • gore-gen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 04:55:01 am »
This would actually be enjoyable if we had forum badges and whatnot. Achievements for when you win games so it gives members an incentive to play.

This will definitely be brought up with staff, but for now we may just host games for the fun of it without prizes until we can figure out something. <3 Thank you for the suggestion. I may just start doing that with you guys.
Yes please! It would be really nice to get to know the mods and I think it would be good to show others that the mods arent as distant as past mods or that they think they are. I know for me it certainly feels very strange actually talking to mods and not feeling as intimidated as I used to be
Sig/Icon by me

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 04:59:43 am »
I love the idea of weekly games, badges n' all, though I'm not sure it could be entirely staff-hosted. Stuff has already been very time consuming, and in order for these games to turn out, a lot of thought and time would have to be put into them too! Maybe this could be something the staff work on with with the community? Or mebe something hosted by the community for the community? Either way, this would be sweet to see when hopping online. Definitely agree that it would bring people together.
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Calvary

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2018, 05:21:58 am »
I love the idea of weekly games, badges n' all, though I'm not sure it could be entirely staff-hosted. Stuff has already been very time consuming, and in order for these games to turn out, a lot of thought and time would have to be put into them too! Maybe this could be something the staff work on with with the community? Or mebe something hosted by the community for the community? Either way, this would be sweet to see when hopping online. Definitely agree that it would bring people together.

agree here too, it may be time consuming for us a bit when we may be busy. perhaps this could help bridge the staff and community together? allow the community to plan things as well in regards to activities

Offline BirdyBlu

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • `Snuggle Puddle`
    • Ally Nice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2018, 05:57:17 am »
Currently I am in the process of creating the 'Feral Games' as i would like to call it.
A weekly time the community can come together and play some games in game, and win prizes. Seeing as i have no control over forums i was thinking small giftcards as prizes, though more ideas are helpful. Anyone wishing to help with the events it would be greatly appreciated, and you can just message me here on forums and or in game.
.: Birdy Blu is just for You! :.

Signature image by @Pocketmutt

PocketMutt

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2018, 06:01:55 am »
Definitely something we would have to allocate with members of the community but that could be a good thing. As Calvary said, it would be a way to help bridge staff and the community with activities ! Thanks for the suggestion !

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2018, 09:43:19 am »
I used to hold races in the grounds, sometimes people hold "Find person X" races where someone sets home to a location, and when they disappear from the grounds the race to find them starts (party chat makes it easy to keep up with who found who first).

Hold a race day if you like & maybe it'd become official.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"