Author Topic: Spicing up The Grounds  (Read 3038 times)

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
Spicing up The Grounds
« on: February 02, 2019, 04:50:41 am »
Ahhh The Grounds. It seems to be the new meeting place for most players of FeralHeart. It has seemed to replace the Bonfire Island of old. Many people like to gather up around the Lonely Cave portal and lay around and chat, make dance lines, tune into the odd roleplay where pups go and drown themselves in the lake, and even the occasional Mate/Adoption center pops up.

And yet....to me The Grounds seems really dull. Of course before the 2016 patch was released, nobody expected everyone to clump up in The Grounds. Well, that's what is happening. There have been ideas to try and spread people out to other maps and that's a very very good idea.

However, why not show The Grounds some love too? Why does it have to be rather...boring and drab? If you think that if The Grounds is boring looking enough, people will flock to other prettier maps...well...that's not how it ended. I think in upcoming updates, The Grounds should get a bit of an update itself. Make it seem more warm and welcoming. I'd love to have a Bonfire somewhere, that way all of us could gather 'round the campfire and tell stories.

And how about remaking parts of it to sort of....simulate old Bonfire? Let's put a hill with a pride rock there. It may bring a lot of old memories of that back. Maybe throw some nice waterfalls in there as well. Make it much more scenic and enjoyable. Maybe add some more trees/forests. Basically a more diverse area than it is now.

What are your thoughts on this? And feel free to share your own ideas!

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
Re: Spicing up The Grounds
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 05:00:52 am »
Honestly, I've thought of this for a while now! Thank you for bringing it up.

Various times I've came up with different small updates that could fit with the area to make it feel a little more homey, rather than The Grounds just being a more plane area that people recruit and get introduced to the world of Feral Heart in. Granted I've kept those ideas and visions of how it could look to myself. Derp.

If it's a feasible and easily negotiable idea, then I would be in support of it~ Nothing too flashy, but enough to give The Grounds a little more life, and make it an easily memorable map. As seen already, a fine majority of members have made very fond memories in The Grounds, along with all the other memories made across the world of Feral Heart.

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 06:00:32 am »
it kind of has a low-lag benefit to it, but the grounds definitely needs some more work.

i don't mean just in terrain design, but what's been used on it.
there are a few interesting things here and there[as in the one weird tree with rock sticking out of it], but they're waaaaaaaaay out of range of where most people are.

i dont know, maybe reversing the map so that end is closer just... to make everyone sitting around look neater?
maybe?
i dont know.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline mysz

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 03:12:46 pm »
For me it's great idea!
And I don't have any new ideas to add ;p

Offline Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2019, 08:28:00 pm »
I hope they add this to the next update!

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline Cutieboo

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • succ
    • Darknessmare
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2019, 08:48:03 pm »
that would be a good idea aslo would be a good idea to add some props or sticks or something you can drag around and rp with your characters
Hi, im Boo! i enjoy hanging out and chilling in witch includes listening to mood music like Eden and some others,I also enjoy designing new things!~ some people say im cute,But im also pretty insecure and a meme goddess.

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2019, 11:01:23 pm »
Ahhh The Grounds. It seems to be the new meeting place for most players of FeralHeart. It has seemed to replace the Bonfire Island of old.

And yet....to me The Grounds seems really dull.

why not show The Grounds some love too? Why does it have to be rather...boring and drab?
I think it's great that you brought this up. The Grounds is a nice place to chill around and chat with others and I think it's got a plain feel so that it doesn't get too much lag when lots of players are around. I do agree though, that adding more detail to make it feel like more of an at-home map, as many of us gather there frequently, would be a great idea.
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline Machungwa63

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2019, 02:21:22 am »
I like the idea but just be wary we're not adding too much stuff to it and creating a lot of lag... if there's a lot of characters in a particular map it can already slow some older computers down.

That being said, this brought me to another thought the other day. You know what old Bonfire had that I think we're missing in new Feral-Heart? Smaller maps. I'm not saying that every map has to be small, but I feel that The Grounds is currently the smallest map out there and that kind of helps the community feel of it because about 70% of the characters can hear the main/local chat. It was a similar experience in old Bonfire. Maybe taking an relatively unused map and making it a bit smaller could help build up more of a community there too.
I make FH movies on YouTube! Be sure to check them out and subscribe at http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx0ehjAstAokZb3BBgs61uA

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2019, 12:09:35 pm »
I love that this has been brought up again, and I like to believe that the Staff is working on some of these things (getting my hopes up a bit) for future Updates!
TG is definitely in need of some upgrades that's for sure. :) (Not that It's a bad map)
I agree with @Machungwa63 to not add too much and keep it lag-free. ^^

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2019, 03:42:32 pm »
I feel you man...

Don’t get me wrong but I get why Red designed The Grounds the way he did and I respect that. But I can agree that the map needs some reworking/work in general if it is to even be kept as the main hub. Funny you mention adding like a little hill similar to Bonfire cause that was one of the really early ideas we had with concepts during our discussions last year. The way the world is designed needs to be made more seemless and all the other maps need to be made more interesting and more accessible rather than just focusing more attention on The Ground though. The Grounds shouldn’t be the one map where most users are crowding in. Certain things would fix that but it’s really a matter of whether those things would be accepted to be modified and or tried. Myself and others have had ideas and potential fixes but it’s not solely up to us to decide. We are all keeping your best interests and opinions in mind though. The staff team appreciates your feedback.