Author Topic: Deucaliorn's Suggestions  (Read 2864 times)

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
Deucaliorn's Suggestions
« on: February 24, 2019, 10:39:02 pm »
- Removed-
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 07:20:40 pm by Insoholic »

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
Re: Deucaliorn's Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 10:59:21 pm »
I agree with what you have stated here for suggestions, friend. These are some great topics. <3

I have always been wanting to see different biomes added in, as there is with many other games. This would benefit everyone in the community, as well. Especially the ones who roleplay. It would possibly even promote more species being created such as dragons or mythical creatures; there being more biomes to 'live' in. Granted, yes, there would have to be some editing done to make it seem realistic and possible I think this is and always has been a great idea for FeralHeart.

I think that a smaller newsletter might not be a bad idea, for smaller announcements such as server downtimes or absences like you have stated. I believe it would be convenient to all members of the community and the staff itself assuming they do not have one already for absences that they can see. This would maybe fit being a smaller board under news and announcements.

Following the fanart topic, I think that would be nice for those who do, do fanart and seeing them in update threads as its own area would be something different and positive for the community! It would bring more activity I personally believe. At least in the art section of things and promote creativity. I would love, personally, to see the banners back that were on the forums in the past. Seeing featured art there from community members would just be lovely. <3

The action chat has been non-working for as long as I have been around as well so it would be nice to see some use come out of it as well. I think we all can agree on that; unless staff have a plan for it!

Ahh, the big item list. That would be extremely useful for so many of us, indeed. I was very excited to see that made and it is a lifesaver to say the least and does make things easier on the scrolling.
not active here anymore ♡

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 11:11:47 pm »
On the topic of contests, I think it would be really neat to have a screenshot contest as well, screenshots that could be used on the login page after every contest! Along with art contests to decorate the forums maybe?

As well as that, I would honestly love to have an art contest for art for the splash screens. I really missed the art before the update on the splash screens, so maybe a few contests to get some new art for them?

Another idea that I have mentioned but will put here to get some more thought, a sign on the forums and login page that shows the server status, Online or Offline. This way, if the server goes down, the signs can be changed to prevent an influx of the same help posts over an issue that is already been heard of.

And now for my big ideas: Map ideas. I had the idea to spice up The Grounds and make it a bit more interesting for people. How about actually combining it with the old Bonfire? It wouldn't be Bonfire of course, but it would have an area that takes after old Bonfire and probably bring back its old charm. As well as that, I think it would be a great idea to combine old Florite with present day Kiwimbi, as that's more or less our Savannah map.

Just some ideas from me. All of Deuc's ideas are spectacular as well and I would love to see them implemented!

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 11:18:17 pm »
Great suggestions, Moon! I definitely think they should be heavily considered, unless some of them already are in the making (biomes and maps that is).

Variety of Biomes
This is something that we just need. I’d be pretty disappointed if we don’t see more different biomes in the future to be honest. All the ones that you mentioned would be marvelous additions to the game. Especially the tropical rainforest biome! And the desert biome!

Monthly Newsletter
This is definitely a good idea. Some announcements can seem a bit cluttered when viewing.

Player Submitted Work/Sharing Community Content
Sounds like a lovely idea, though I’m not sure if the community is as active, and therefore it could result in the lack of submissions.

Bigger Item List
This simply needs to be added eventually. I fully support this idea. Ever since I found out about this Mod, I’d use it whenever I had to reinstall FeralHeart.

Thank you for all your suggestions! I hope the Staff takes some of these in consideration :)

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 11:27:23 pm »
As for new maps with different biomes, we do have some in storage that we were working on earlier last year. These maps featured desert, savannah, jungle, swamp, and a volcano, however unfortunately these maps weren't approved of by Raz. We still plan to feature these biomes in the future, though. We're looking into ways we can improve our work

We do create small threads for server downtimes etc and staff let each other know when they may not be around as much. I think maybe seasonal update threads would do the trick c:

Our Tumblr does sometimes feature creations by members of the community, and people submit their work to our DeviantART page all the time. In the past, when we've hosted the radio we'd include artwork or screenshots from the game as the background image. As for contests, we host art contests on our dA page, and we may start featuring things on the login page in the future, too!

The action chat, I don't know what it was originally planned for, and since it's only ever seen when you go in to check/uncheck different chats from view, I don't think there's much we can do with it, unfortunately

I didn't know that a modification was made for more items =0 I don't see any reason to not discuss this, and it would'd be overly complicated to get permission to include it since it would only be one person to ask~

Thanks for the suggestions!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 11:44:00 pm by Kerriki »
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 11:36:22 pm »
Going off of Deucaliorn's first suggestion, I agree, and personally have always wanted more biomes in the game. It would help promote different themed RPs, such as desert animal themed RPs, Jungle themed RPs, and so forth with other biomes. We've got our grassy planes, Icy and normal mountains, beaches and islands, so why not more? That is, if you staff aren't already brainstorming and creating more as we speak. | Edit: aanndd there you have it, from the mouth of Kiki. They have more comin'!

For the action chat, I want to believe that's something to do with the source code that wasn't finished and was still being worked on after the game's release. That's only an assumption however!

With the item list mod, I would agree with using it in the download if the creator agrees to it being put into the game download for future use, permanently. I say permanently due to the fact that there are going to be various updates in the future, thus having to redownload FH over and over through time. So, why would one version of the installer have the mod, but others don't posses the mod? Also keep in mind that the game comes with only a small amount of items to choose from at default as of right now, so there really wouldn't be much of a use for it at the time for those who don't know how to download items, or simply don't want to. I actually don't use it myself, haha. I just haven't had the drive to try it out, nor am I honestly really interested in using it. But if it means it will help other players and the game as a whole, then I say go right for putting it into the game, per the creator's permission!

Going for one of Az's suggestions now; the "adding a bit of the old Bonfire to The Grounds to give it it's old charm" and so forth with Fluorite and Kiwimbi. As much as I would like to see the old maps flourish again, those days are gone now. But they will always live on in our memories. FeralHeart is constantly moving forward, and so is it's players. Us oldies, me not particularly being one myself, but the ones before the update that changed it all, will sometime, eventually, move on from this place. We're all growing and moving. Even though very few might, by a slight chance, stay here for as long as they live, chances are, there aren't going to be any other old players around to remember the old days. New players are coming in almost every day, and with that, old timers taking their leave. I personally believe FeralHeart needs to keep looking forward, and thank the past for it's glorious start. However, if it means just giving it a little bit of the feel of the old maps, and not actually combining them, then go for it.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 11:53:13 pm by Ame88 »

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline Notorious.

• Cinnamon Roll
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • Noto for short
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2019, 11:43:22 pm »
Clever lil' ideas Deucaliorn! Since some people who have commented before me has already basically said what was on my mind, I've decided to give my opinion on two of the five ideas suggested.

A diversity in maps sounds interesting! It would definitely be refreshing to see public maps like those you have stated. However, in my opinion, adding things like these should be trickled into the upcoming patches little by little. It takes a whole lotta' time to develop a map and make sure everything's in tip-top condition. I'm not saying it shouldn't be added as a whole but implementing a batch of new maps all at once might overwhelm players. I would absolutely love to see a couple of them added one day though!

For the bigger list mod, I agree with what Kerriki said as I had the same thought. The bigger items list is extremely handy; however, we do need permission to actually implement it into a patch. We can only rely on suggesting the mod to other players who are struggling with the scrollbar. Personally, I've never been too fond of actually downloading it.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 11:47:21 pm by Notorious. »

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2019, 11:49:13 pm »
Since many other people are already making really good points, and are already feeding more ideas and things I just feel is pointless to repeat. But, I thought I'd slide in and say I couldn't agree more on the whole 'biome' idea. The idea of biomes is what sparked my idea for the map pack I've been trying to get round to making posted here. I feel like this kind of world would do FH wonders. It's more open, it's less boxed in, and I feel people prefer when maps aren't connected by walls but rather by water, like our beloved old loved maps. I feel like bringing nostalgia back from the old maps to the new ones while also being fresh would be great too, like implementing the stone bridge into a map where the majority of the social activity happens, which is currently The Grounds.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 11:51:07 pm by Bawfle »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

LonesomeRider

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2019, 11:51:35 pm »
These are some wonderful ideas! I see Kiki and Ame have both covered much of what I would've said.

On the variety of biomes: I had a couple times brought forward that idea of a bigger variety of maps, as many of our current are beach and plains-like themed. Exceptions of Ficho Tunnels, Zama Grotto, and Cape of Distant Worlds. I'd say combine some of the current maps into each other or remove some all together. Not as many players and having a mass number of maps would be a little on the downside.

A monthly newsletter would be wonderful, but more as seasonally instead, like MOTS. Sometimes not much happens within a course of a month to provide a lot of information that's worthy to say. Server downtimes is definitely a good thing to add whenever the server's down for a significant amount of time, such as how the server had been down for around a whole day and was noted on the login page. Having a thread listing in-depth on that alongside if any staff are away and shouldn't be mass contacted by the community would save a bit on helping people out in a quicker rate.

A bigger item list mod is pretty nice! I hadn't seen it released by said user, and it is definitely a nice idea. However yes, would have to get a hold of the user who submitted this to publicly feature it, as we can't use things made without permission for a mass audience. I only use certain items out of the few hundred I have, so the mod wouldn't be a lot of usage to me, personally.

Little bit more than I'm used to saying but alas just had a couple things to throw out there more or less. Overall, some very good ideas that can be discussed here and there to contribute more into the forum + game. Lot of what I said was already said by others as well. Whatever works, y'know? c:

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2019, 08:38:25 am »
What can I say except I agree with everyone here?
I love these ideas and suggestions. :)
Sorry I’m not much of a writer when it comes to discussing ideas xD

Right hand to god I read all of the posts. About the bioming, item list, action chat, featured art from players, and so on.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 08:42:31 am by Ellen11v »
doing what i feel like