Author Topic: Game Suggestions & Ideas  (Read 2585 times)

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
Game Suggestions & Ideas
« on: August 02, 2019, 11:49:50 am »
a List of Game Suggestions & Ideas

Here are some game suggestions and ideas, both the ones I’ve come up with myself and some of the ones I’ve dug up from far in the past of this Forum xD. I apologize in advance about any spelling or editing mistakes I might have missed.

In-game screen capture option
The idea is to have a small screen capture / screenshot button in the game. Possibly somewhere on top of the page, next to the Map but very small so it doesn’t take a lot of space. The button should be optional.
Example is Minecraft top chat and pause buttons when you play on the phone or tablet.

Pros:
It will make a good add-on for people who have sticky keyboard keys or if a screenshot keyboard button doesn’t work properly. Also it would be a good feature for people who don’t have this built in originally.

Cons:
It could be annoying for people who don’t want more buttons on the page.

Advertisement chat
I believe this has been mentioned recently and the idea of it always seems to pop up somewhere, but, I’d like to shed some light to it again. Having an advertisement chat would be very useful for people who want to advertise their groups and the ones who are looking for one. One feature to this chat that would be added is cool-down mode. Meaning that if you consistently post let’s say 4-7 comments in a row, you’d get a simple warning to not spam too much and have a little countdown of maybe 20-30 seconds ‘till you can comment again.

Pros:
Ability to have a separate chat made specifically for advertisements, without flooding other chats with group, commission or other ads.

Cons:
Unsure what would happen with Movie spams and how would people use that, if the advertisement chat was added.

Text bubbles in-game
Similar to IT, chat bubbles would appear once a person has commented. This would be an optional feature in the game and you could easily turn it off in the game settings.
They would appear above a user who’s commented in the local chat (or whisper) and would fade away after a few seconds.

Pros:
It would make things a bit more interesting and if it’s optional, users would be able to choose whether or not they want to use it.

Cons:
Lag, especially in Local chat, if added to this specific chat.

Fur and Mane lengths
In the character creator, fur length would be changeable. Just like tail length we have now, there would be an option to change the length of the fur and mane (each would be separate).

Pros:
Easier to make your character look more like you’ve imagined.

Cons:
-

Different colored eyes
Ability to have different colored eyes in character creator.

Pros:
It would make things much easier for people who have characters with different colored eyes. They wouldn’t have to “pick a favorite” anymore. Unless each eye has different shades in it xD.

Cons:
-

Seasons textures
Now this is a possibly a bit too far in the future of FeralHeart, but having Seasons would be fun and entertaining. There would be an Official separate texture pack for each Season that would be optional.
You wouldn’t have to download it if you don’t want to.

Pros:
Fun to have in game, to set the mood, especially around Christmas time or beginning of Summer and Fall.

Cons:
Time that will have to be put into making a texture pack for both game textures, objects and user interfaces for EACH Season.

More weather
Days in FeralHeart maps can be a bit dull sometimes. Having a rainbow show up in the Grounds after a short rain, or sudden clouds forming and covering the Sun during the day, followed by sounds of wind.

Pros:
Makes the day in FeralHeart more enjoyable and interesting, let’s not forget about all screenshot ideas you’d come up with!

Cons:
Possible lag for slower computers, but Cherika has different weather and it’s not that laggy once the rain starts, on my 8 year old computer xD.

More actions
Tail wag, playful pose, more dance actions, etc.
There aren’t that many Official actions so far, that have been added to the game without having to use the ones made by users, that are not Official.

Pros:
You’d have more actions to interact with friends.
Not having to download any of these separately.

Cons:
-

Shadows
Take a look at the new WolfQuest update. They have some beautiful shadows and I don’t think why FeralHeart wouldn’t have them as well. This would be an optional feature of course, to reduce lag for users who experience problems.
Having tree, bush, rock and character shadows would be a cool feature.

Pros:
It would add more realism to the game.

Cons:
More lag but It would be an optional feature so that would be easy to fix.

Time of the day pointer
It would be neat if there was a pointer that would show what is the time of the day in FeralHeart. This would be an optional feature. Example is once again, Minecraft xD. The clock we’d have in game would be similar to the one in Minecraft, with the Sun on one side and the Moon on the other, with a little pointer moving along towards the Moon as the day passes by. It would be all in one color and wouldn’t stick out too much, plus it would be small so it doesn’t take up a lot of space.

Pros:
You’d be able to see exactly what time of the day it is in FeralHeart right now.

Cons:
If too big, it could take up space on the screen. (Although it’s an optional feature)

Better nighttime shadows
As of right now, when it’s nighttime in FeralHeart, the character you’re using doesn’t look that different during the night.
It has some blue undertones but that’s it.
I’d suggest having it a bit darker and more appropriate for the night.

Pros:
More realism to the game.

Cons:
Not everyone might like it, but that goes to all features I’ve listed anyways.

Chat emotes
Having simple, one colored chat emotes in the in game chat.

Pros:
More ways to interact and express emotions while chatting.

Cons:
Where would they show to be added somewhere in the chat?

Also, please take a look at these most recent suggestions as well, they’re all really neat and useful:

Ellen11v’s suggestions (chat ideas, clickable links, etc...)

Likuu’s suggestions (interface, animation, etc...)

Deucaliorn’s suggestions (Localization, chat commands, etc...)

EuchadraMelech’s suggestions (Wing makings)

Rebel.exe’s suggestions (Different eye markings)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 11:59:00 am by Obsxura »

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Re: Game Suggestions & Ideas
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 01:54:07 pm »
I think this would be a marvellous idea to be honest. If the Print Screen key function is something that can't be fixed for those who it doesn't work for then it would be a really nice feature to add, and it would save people a lot of trouble. People wouldn't have to go out of their way to install additional software to take screenshots in-game that just takes up more space and is more of a hassle to begin with. The screenshot button wouldn't even need to be that big either like so:

And if people wanted to hide it (I wouldn't, look how cute that lil itty bitty camera is), then they could just go to the interface options and un-tick the Screenshot Button visibility like so:

Sorry it's not as fancy and as accurate looking as others put effort into making it, I just cba and it gets the point across.

Advertisement Chat
Gosh yes. I would love to see it. Even if the General Chat never made a return, since we now have the source code the actual chat could be re-named and re-coloured (because if general chat were to ever return I'm pretty sure we'd want to re-use the general chat colour we all know and love). Maybe a lighter orange like this:

I don't really see any cons to this idea honestly. Even the con you put down doesn't seem too much of an issue either. Local chat would be less flooded and advertisements would stand out so much more. It would benefit role-play organisers and role-players so much. This needs to be a thing. I also agree that a cool-down system would be very useful.

Text bubbles in-game
Honestly I don't like this idea- doN't tAKE thIS tHE wRoNg WaY- whether or not this feature would be an optional thing I think it would make the game look way too much like a chat room rather than a role-play game and I think that's why it wasn't added in the first place. I think adding text bubbles would strip away the game's role-play side a lot.

Fur and Mane lengths
Just, yes. Nothing else to say.

Different colored eyes
Again, just... yes. Nothing else to say.

Seasons textures
Instead of downloadable textures for different seasons, I would like to see an actual time-frame for the game. Like, I'd LOVE to see the game naturally change or fade into different seasons when the seasons actually arrive. BUT I feel like that would be something more achievable for a more advanced game. It would be stunning nevertheless. For time being, YES I definitely think it would be awesome to have texture packs for the game for each season. Even though users would be able to do this already with their games, it would be nice for the game to have their own season change texture packs to advertise each time a season comes by.

More weather
I'd love to see more weather options too. I really like the idea of a rainbow appearing after some rain falls.

More actions
Just, yes please. I'd very much love animals to be able to lick their paws and/or bodies, wag their tails, flick their tails, pant, etc. More dances would be fun too.

Shadows
For the game to have an official HD option would be especially nice. Having an option in the interface to control the level of HD you have would be a bonus. There is a really good example of this in The Isle.

Time of the day pointer
I'm not sure what you mean by pointer, but an in-game clock would be cute. Any indicator to show someone what time of day it is would be really interesting to have.

Better nighttime shadows
Agreed.

Chat emotes
I don't know about this one either xD Like the chat bubbles, I think it would make the game look too much like a chat room than a role-play game.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 01:56:41 pm by Bawfle »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2019, 03:05:39 pm »
I'm honestly dying for heterochromia. And more actions, longer fur and mane, the ingame clock, and the screenshot buttons are my personal favorite ideas.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2019, 05:06:39 pm »
The idea is to have a small screen capture / screenshot button in the game. Possibly somewhere on top of the page, next to the Map but very small so it doesn’t take a lot of space. The button should be optional.
Example is Minecraft top chat and pause buttons when you play on the phone or tablet.

Pros:
It will make a good add-on for people who have sticky keyboard keys or if a screenshot keyboard button doesn’t work properly. Also it would be a good feature for people who don’t have this built in originally.

Cons:
It could be annoying for people who don’t want more buttons on the page.
I think this would be a marvellous idea to be honest. If the Print Screen key function is something that can't be fixed for those who it doesn't work for then it would be a really nice feature to add, and it would save people a lot of trouble. People wouldn't have to go out of their way to install additional software to take screenshots in-game that just takes up more space and is more of a hassle to begin with. The screenshot button wouldn't even need to be that big either like so:
I don't like this idea. This feature isn't worth the effort that would have to be put into making it. The problem with only some people having issues with screenshots is not the PrtScrn button itself. Unless your PrtScrn key isn't working at all, in that case you can change the keybind and re-map the screenshot function to a different key, it's a problem with something graphical that we'd have to have Spirit look into the cause behind.

People wouldn't have to go out of their way to install additional software to take screenshots in-game that just takes up more space and is more of a hassle to begin with.
No software needed in the first place? What screenshot software are people installing?
- WinKey+PrtScrn instantly sends a full screenshot of your display to your Pictures Library. (Pictures\Screenshots)
- If you hit PrtScrn you can copy and paste a screenshot of your display into Paint and crop it on the spot.
- If you use the Clipping Tool which is software that already comes with Windows, you can select a portion of your desktop to take a screenshot of.

I don't like the idea of chat bubbles. They don't seem to serve a purpose that's worthwhile. If FeralHeart was a complex MMO with dungeons/raids where chat bubbles would be useful during combat, then I'd say it'd be necessary.

Anything that makes the game more visually appealing is a win for everyone. Especially now that quite a few people have gaming PCs that are built to handle it.

Advertisement chat would be very useful. ^^ Don't really need to elaborate on that other than finally no more movie clips.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 05:12:17 pm by Morgra »
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2019, 07:47:07 pm »
I don't like this idea. This feature isn't worth the effort that would have to be put into making it. The problem with only some people having issues with screenshots is not the PrtScrn button itself. Unless your PrtScrn key isn't working at all, in that case you can change the keybind and re-map the screenshot function to a different key, it's a problem with something graphical that we'd have to have Spirit look into the cause behind.

No software needed in the first place? What screenshot software are people installing?
- WinKey+PrtScrn instantly sends a full screenshot of your display to your Pictures Library. (Pictures\Screenshots)
- If you hit PrtScrn you can copy and paste a screenshot of your display into Paint and crop it on the spot.
- If you use the Clipping Tool which is software that already comes with Windows, you can select a portion of your desktop to take a screenshot of.

I see where you're coming from, but the reason behind Obsxura's idea and my development of it was just to make things seemingly effortless for those who have issues with making the PrtScrn key work for them in-game without having to search for another method of screenshotting. It's an alternative method of in-game screenshotting that doesn't require the time consuming efforts of cropping/saving screenshots individually and manually. Just a quick drag of the mouse and a click, without having to open up and load any software such as Clipping Tool or FRAPS prior to taking the screenshot which users have known to use as an alternative of screenshotting. Ideally, both methods would be equally and practically effortless. There would be no need to worry about a graphical issue for keyboard keys, sticky keys, or keys that don't work in general. With either method used, the overall location of the screenshot(s) taken would/should land directly into the FeralHeart screenshot folder where users will always expect them to be and have always expected them to be.

I understand that there are a hand-full of people who use the PrtScrn key and then crop the overall screen cap in an art program. But, this is just effort people shouldn't really need to be putting effort into when there's meant to be a default functioning screenshot method for the game that doesn't work for them. If someone wanted to take multiple screenshots, they would have to waste time cropping and saving every individual screenshot one by one, and this is most likely one of the reasons that brought this in-game screenshot button idea along. It's fairly simple to do if you know what you're doing, but it's time consuming, and even more so if you don't know what you're doing. I figure this would also be incredibly irritating for those trying to take screenshots of a chat that is very active/lively. I think screenshotting and cropping would also discourage reports in this way too, and most likely does now, because again- it's additional effort than what it needs to be.

At the end of the day it's an idea, and it's a really creative one which would be easy for young players to understand. At the very least a small tutorial could be added to the readme.txt in the screenshots folder with information saying "If the PrtScreen method does not work for your game, go into Options >> Controls, then highlight the Print Screen option in the list and click the 'Change' button and select another UNUSED key (such as F12) to set an alternative screenshot method". But, this would only be seen if users went looking for it. Nevertheless, at the end of the day Obsxura and everyone else just want results that hopefully don't leave users with technical/graphical issues or methods that do not function!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 08:02:09 pm by Bawfle »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2019, 06:28:01 am »
Love the ideas, and thank you for siggesting mine aswell, it means a lot. :)
doing what i feel like

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2019, 09:38:32 am »
Thank you everyone for your replies, It's greatly appreciated!

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox