Author Topic: Future update idea: NPCs  (Read 2767 times)

Reindeer8888

Future update idea: NPCs
« on: October 06, 2019, 12:48:03 pm »
I would like to see NPCs in the future updates for Feral Heart. Like in some other games, NPCs means non playable characters and they don't move around the map like other players do, just stand at the same place. We can come up to NPCs and they might give us quests to do, such as finding items around the map and some NPCs just give us some tips and secrets about Feral Heart that we don't know about. NPCs' names will just be call NPC (name) in game for example NPC Sarah and NPC Rocky.

Example of NPCs in a different game:

NPC Doctor Cosmo:

NPC Artist Leo:

Rhakorra

Re: Future update idea: NPCs
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 01:13:34 pm »
I will have to disagree with this, as Feralheart isnt a quest game. I just see it as a game where you can roam around and just explore with friends. Now, I see where you are coming from, but then it would kinda ruin the idea of feralheart. If you are looking fir tips and secrets, the loading screen gives that. (Then again i can be wrong because I haven't played for a couple of months)

However, I think it would be cool if Feralheart had a mascot where you can approach at Lonely cave and greet you. Now, that would be cool.

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2019, 03:53:53 pm »
I will have to disagree with this, as Feralheart isnt a quest game.
I just see it as a game where you can roam around and just explore with friends.

"FeralHeart is an online animal based roleplaying game"

The idea is to come up with and act out your own stories, adventures and quests. It would ruin the point of the game to add in npc's and quests that do that for you...
That's how I think of it anyway.
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Rhakorra

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2019, 04:12:27 pm »
I will have to disagree with this, as Feralheart isnt a quest game.
I just see it as a game where you can roam around and just explore with friends.

"FeralHeart is an online animal based roleplaying game"

The idea is to come up with and act out your own stories, adventures and quests. It would ruin the point of the game to add in npc's and quests that do that for you...
That's how I think of it anyway.

Were you disagreeing, correcting me or telling me something?

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2019, 05:10:57 pm »
Reminds me of something IT servers used to have if I’m correct, I can’t really remember. But I do like this idea a lot, It would definitely be a nice add on in the game which would make gameplay more interesting! I’m not very familiar with NPCs as FeralHeart is the only game I play on my computer lol
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 05:13:06 pm by Valar.Morghulis »

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2019, 05:57:42 pm »

Agreeing with the first sentence, then disagreeing with the second one and saying why. There's more than just sitting around or exploring, just gotta use imagination. c:
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Rhakorra

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2019, 06:42:41 pm »

Agreeing with the first sentence, then disagreeing with the second one and saying why. There's more than just sitting around or exploring, just gotta use imagination. c:

Oh, no problem! Thank you for adding on :3

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2019, 08:02:47 pm »
I tried making them on downloadable maps, but the animation was based on a texture with a timer.  Could only make them run for so long before they'd re-set.  And it didn't matter what you did, they'd keep talking.

But if there was an interactive coding side to it you could have dialogue boxes & selection & they'd work perfectly :)
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Sisu

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2019, 07:55:31 am »
I don't agree to many games have NPC's in them and quests i think FH is unique to have none of that and i think that would ruin it and make it more like IT servers and stuff :c
Its best to keep the game unique not make it copy and follow in other typical game patterns with the most common add ins

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2019, 09:18:01 am »
Yeah I get that. I know well how bored some people get while waiting for something to happen in-game. They make it very clear. xD

I'm not against adding things like this, just a little iffy really. I definitely wouldn't want it to overshadow roleplaying. Not saying that it will though. I'm sure things can work out for everyone.

"A new player comes online, tries to talk, explores a bit and then leaves and never comes back"
If you told me that 5 years ago, I'd think you were crazy. xD
But it's an unfortunate truth, though not solely at the blame of having nothing to do... That worked well for several years. Opting for off-game RPs has been partly the cause of this happening as have other things.