Author Topic: Priorities  (Read 22579 times)

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
Re: Priorities
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2019, 04:13:03 pm »

transparency is a necessity now more than ever.

i only wish to reiterate that.
i whole-heartedly agree with this post and have nothing more to add.
As someone who has had a paw in game design for a very long time, I'd have to agree with what this post says. Being transparent and giving insight to what you as a team are doing is crucial in keeping a community. Not only does it keep the hype for updates coming, but it allows users to give feedback and suggest edits/changes to what you as a team are working on. The user base is basically the judge of your work, wouldn't you want to keep them happy?

I haven't been around actively for awhile since the No Mod thing, and am not able to form an opinion on the things happening since I haven't witnessed them. However, communication is a key element to a team, and that cannot be ignored. If nobody talks or can come to a conclusion something needs to be said/done, because if nobody can work together that will in the end effect not only the staff, but eventually the entire community.

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

BirdieBeep

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2019, 04:41:19 pm »

transparency is a necessity now more than ever.

i only wish to reiterate that.
i whole-heartedly agree with this post and have nothing more to add.

I wholeheartedly agree with everything that has been said here, it's completely valid and accurate. I think we not only need transparency but consistency. This is something I've noticed and had been noticing for many years, there isn't enough consistency, whether it's bringing forward rules/discipline but with keeping an open and honest communication with it's userbase. I feel like when it comes to that it's always blurry or 'hot and cold', there's never an in-between. And I think that really isn't fair to the userbase. As someone who has thrown her hat in the ring in terms of administration and managing communities your relationship to your playerbase is absolutely vital. You need honesty, transparency, consistency, and most importantly trust. And I'm sorry to say this but I feel like the staff has damaged that trust between them and their userbase because of the vast inconsistency in their rules and in their communication, and it's a vicious cycle that has been ongoing for years and years. I can't say I've been here for a very long time, not like the people from 2011-2012 when the game just started up, but I can say with certainty that I've been here long enough and witness a lot of this first hand. And I think with a game, that's dwindling in numbers, you can't afford to keep things so tightly guarded sometimes, especially if trust has been damaged time and time again. I wasn't around when No-Mod October came around, but I saw a lot of baloney from all sides. I agree with Buffy that either a new staff/management should come in or the staff reevaluate their communication and consistency with it's userbase.
That's all I have to say.

And just to add; No, being a staff member isn't easy. Not everything should be aired out for everyone to see, the staff has that right to uphold that amount of professionalism. However, when it comes to things like updates and things that are important to the community I think the door for feedback and communication should be open. And this comes from no hate in my heart, this is just my subjective opinion that you can agree or disagree with.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 04:53:42 pm by BirdieBeep »

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2019, 05:19:57 pm »
I completely agree with Bawfle.

The management and the general structure of the staff team isn't good. Creating smaller sub-teams may allow for more efficiency so not every staff member would have to give input on ideas that they do not specialize in. We all appreciate the time and work that the staff put into this game but some of the recent decisions should have been discussed or voted on by all of the community. It really feels like the staff aren't listening much to what the community wants.

Thank you very much for bringing up such an important issue for discussion, Alpha!

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2019, 06:00:06 pm »
A lot of the statements made are objective criticism rather than having means to insult, for this I am grateful and appreciative. Some of the info will be a lot to process either on a personal or professional level but it's nice to see there is no hostility but moreso stern words of encouragement for the changes required. I hope this tone is kept. c:
Thank ye for the feedback thus far.

And I'm glad it's being taken this way. Nothing in this post is meant as a personal attack in any way shape or form.
At the core of it, it's pointing something out.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline MosesManHesi

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Moses Bongawi
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2019, 06:05:36 pm »
HELLO MAGAN FRIENDS I AM HERE OF NOW MOSES STILL GENERAL STILL LOOKING FOR DA BIG LION WHO EAT MY COUSIN ZACHIRIAH BUT THAT NOT IS OF IMPORTANT I SEE LOT OF BAD MEAN TALK AND NO MORE BE FRIENDS OR ALL WILL FAIL I TELL YOU THAT IS HOW I LOST ARMY MY BEST FRIEND INDENDE ARGUE AND TOOK ME MEN AWAY NOW I NOT AS BIG WARLORD BUT STILL WARRIOR SO IF ANYONE NOT WANT NICE AND NEED STRONG MAN I AM HERE TOO BUT ALSO BE OF FRIENDSHIP

ALSO GOD BLESS TO YOU ALL EXCPET THE PEOPLE WHO PUT THE COW WATER IN THE BOWL BEFORE MILK
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 06:07:10 pm by MosesManHesi »
My village finally got a pc so now i can play feralheart with all my friends praise Emmerson Mnangagwa long may he live

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2019, 06:07:14 pm »
To be completely honest, throughout the years I have seen the staff team on FH as a clique who didn't do a lot, more often in the past than now. I have seen improvement over the years but Bawfle's point still stands.
No disrespect for the team. It's just something that I have observed both inside and outside FH being in this community. I see how much the mods are trying to become better in this day and age.

I think the main problem with the staff team, like lack of transparency, is the fact that there isn't much that can be reported. I believe there should be more things our staff team could be able to do (such as forum editing). This game is small and we are unable to do much, yes, but there is still a lot to be done. Mostly on the forums in my perspective.
I understand how hard it is to create a new stable team in the state the game is now. So, it will be much easier to create improvements within the current moderation group right now.

Calvary

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2019, 06:23:26 pm »
I know I already posted in here regarding this, but I am here to offer a bit of insight and maybe a little bit of wisdom.

Many of you are correct, as Feral Heart as a whole has been lacking in actual news for a long time. I am going to tell you with full honesty, that MOTS are in the dark as much as the rest of you. There really isn't a large difference currently for MOTS, as you all have the same 'line of sight' as everyone else here, unfortunately.

I am very much for transparency (with limitations of course), as the whole of work is based on surprise, which I strongly have believed it shouldn't be for quite a while. I cannot tell you how many times people have battled back and forth over this, and have had no leverage to go anywhere with it. Some staff do not want transparency for their own reasons, and that is okay as well! However, I have always strongly believed that transparency should be given to the community like every other game in existence. Every game you come across likely has constant news letters and updates, but FH does not. I'll give you some reasons why.

1. As WolfQueen mentioned, it would be nice to even have forum updates, but unfortunately (even with staff as big as it was), forum work is mainly an admin job, and the progress moves too slow and as everyone stated, there are more important things to be worked on. Even though I don't believe that is a real excuse to not do side projects, that is the excuse you are commonly given. (it should also be understood that there are only two admins, and they can be quite busy, so its understandable at times, but a solution should be made for forum work)

2. Staff just doesn't form that progress fast enough to actually put news out. Even though staff very likely could, but the reality is, it isn't fast enough.

Birdie was also right in this:  "And I think with a game, that's dwindling in numbers, you can't afford to keep things so tightly guarded sometimes..." This is a very true statement. Just wanted to throw this out there.

The problem lies within the aspect of communication, not so much with the people. If we learn how to communicate and reach an outstanding conclusion, or a modest end point, we can get somewhere. I'm going to be honest with you folks, and I will likely retain backlash for this. But there is a reason 3 staff members left at once. There is a big problem with communication all around, and it needs to be fixed. Immediately.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 07:39:19 pm by Calvary »

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2019, 06:43:39 pm »
HELLO MAGAN FRIENDS I AM HERE OF NOW MOSES STILL GENERAL STILL LOOKING FOR DA BIG LION WHO EAT MY COUSIN ZACHIRIAH BUT THAT NOT IS OF IMPORTANT I SEE LOT OF BAD MEAN TALK AND NO MORE BE FRIENDS OR ALL WILL FAIL I TELL YOU THAT IS HOW I LOST ARMY MY BEST FRIEND INDENDE ARGUE AND TOOK ME MEN AWAY NOW I NOT AS BIG WARLORD BUT STILL WARRIOR SO IF ANYONE NOT WANT NICE AND NEED STRONG MAN I AM HERE TOO BUT ALSO BE OF FRIENDSHIP

ALSO GOD BLESS TO YOU ALL EXCPET THE PEOPLE WHO PUT THE COW WATER IN THE BOWL BEFORE MILK

Hi there!
Please stay on topic if you can. c:

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2019, 09:32:03 pm »
In my eyes (and the eyes of many others too) it has become undeniably clear that the staff need to change. The 'before no-mod-october' staff (BNMO for short) have had countless opportunities to change their methods of communication, whether it be with each other professionally, or with the community itself, in either situation on numerous occasions they have failed to do so.

It is time for change.

We cannot wait for that type of change any longer.

We have waited for too long. You could even say years now.

We are tired, and we want to see production.

I'm even straight up going to say that we need a new staff team. Or at least new management. The new staff after no-mod-october (NMO for short) made the mistake of allowing the BNMO staff return. They cannot get anything done efficiently because they cannot work like a team, only a friendship circle against the 'new blood'. It's unprofessional. It stopped the newer staff from getting anything done or even attempt to correct the mistakes the BNMO staff made. The BNMO staff are always sticking to their old ways, which do not work anymore, and haven't done for too long a time.

It should not take months to finalize discussions.

You should not have to rely on repetitive distractions like MotS seasons and competitions etc to cover up your unfortunate broken staff team situations.

It's stupid.

It's noticed.

And if the Admins cannot strengthen their staff team or balance their responsibilities, then honestly why are they here.

I can't stress it enough.

Before transparency even begins to happen, there needs to be a new staff team, because this one with the BNMO staff in it is clearly not working out and it shows.

As I've said in the past during the whole NMO, communication is key in everything. You cannot have a good team without it. A team works together on things, rather than divided and scrambled over biased opinions or anything else. Coming from someone who's had their fair share of group projects (where I actually know what the heck is going on) and failure due to those things, I cannot stress this enough. When working with others, it's sometimes hard to get along. It takes a lot of patience and determination to get through. When disagreements start popping up, sometimes one can get a little too comfortable in their position and fight endlessly over the disagreement. This is where one, if not both parties need to set their pride aside and compensate for the other. It's not all about one idea, but a handful of ideas that come together to make one.

More and more it feels like everything regarding FeralHeart's development absolutely has to be kept secret until a "finalized decision" is made. With FeralHeart's dwindling condition, this simply cannot and will not work anymore. As Bawfle stated, it should not take months to finalize a decision. I would hope that our team would work swiftly with each other in a levelheaded manner so they can move on with whatever development is being done, but, I'm afraid by the looks of it there's a lot of downtime. Now, I cannot speak for the other side due to not seeing conversations first hand, but I'm stating how it feels.

Perhaps we do need a new team. If at the very least, as Bawfle said, new management. Something to keep either this team, or a new team on track because how things are going now are not okay. It's suffocating any change FeralHeart has to get anywhere.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 09:46:38 pm by Ame88 »

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Centurion

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2019, 10:07:17 pm »
Unfortunately just now getting to read through everything despite being on the forum a lot since this was posted. Thank you guys for the thread and casual feedback given, it's appreciated to see how people feel outside of an anonymous post. Although the community suggestions/feedback poll is nice, it doesn't have that underlying spark to see what users are specifically saying what from their own experiences around the game and forum. Definitely will keep an eye on what gets posted here to see what everyone has to say.

For the most part from a general member view, the majority of you are more or less correct in your statements and suggestions. I don't have a lot to say myself besides that I do agree with a lot of you, since I've been on semi-hiatus for the most part. But on the topic of giving out what's being worked on, those kind of things can't be done as often as many users would like, for most work that may be done on a staff team takes a long while. I think someone mentioned that already I'm exhausted right now I'm doing my best here.

A lot of staff related things have been mentioned as well, and I do understand where you guys are coming from on that state, like Bawfle and Ame. Even in Sigyn's statement as well. Deucaliorn brought forward separating the full team into subteams, and that's an idea I've seen in other places that have worked extremely well. That could be a possibility here but that also depends on the team size as well.

I'm all for a little bit more transparency, even if it's not as much as the community would prefer for what's been stated by others. Transparency does keep communities together with teams that run forums, games, and anything else. FH does somewhat lack a bit of it, in any form that wants to be pointed out by staff, MOTS, the community, just anyone. Transparency was definitely one of the main things around that plenty wanted worked on. Surely that can be worked on over time and not be a big deal.

Though I don't really have much else to say since everyone else has said the majority of things I've managed to think of in the past... 20 minutes? I'll probably edit if I have anything else. More or less bear with me, I suppose.