Author Topic: Priorities  (Read 22577 times)

Calvary

Re: Priorities
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2019, 10:20:50 pm »
I want to thank Alpha for posting this, and the rest of you stating your own two-cents or just harboring to agree or disagree. I also thank Scally and Jess for replying to make things clear.

I don't entirely believe in creating a new staff team or new management, as things can easily be made to work. The entirety of this is based around the topic of communication. This situation has been present long before no-mod October. The fact of the matter is there needs to first be a discussion on how to make things work rather than going head-on into the fray assuming what the community wants. There also needs to be a discussion on how to communicate effectively, rather than constantly beating around the bush.

Let's be a bit real. The staff team, old or new, have experiences and talents that make them effective members of the team. However, those talents and experiences can be lost when there is a lack of proper communication, or, a lack of trust or even establishing trust and comfort.

I think all that matters to you all, if I'm not wrong, is if you guys are just informed or kept up-to-date on the things staff should be informing you on, rather than making things a surprise. You just want to have a part in this, and that's okay. I have hope you guys will get the answers or even the solution you seek.

BirdieBeep

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2019, 10:41:52 pm »
I want to thank Alpha for posting this, and the rest of you stating your own two-cents or just harboring to agree or disagree. I also thank Scally and Jess for replying to make things clear.

I don't entirely believe in creating a new staff team or new management, as things can easily be made to work. The entirety of this is based around the topic of communication. This situation has been present long before no-mod October. The fact of the matter is there needs to first be a discussion on how to make things work rather than going head-on into the fray assuming what the community wants. There also needs to be a discussion on how to communicate effectively, rather than constantly beating around the bush.

Let's be a bit real. The staff team, old or new, have experiences and talents that make them effective members of the team. However, those talents and experiences can be lost when there is a lack of proper communication, or, a lack of trust or even establishing trust and comfort.

I think all that matters to you all, if I'm not wrong, is if you guys are just informed or kept up-to-date on the things staff should be informing you on, rather than making things a surprise. You just want to have a part in this, and that's okay. I have hope you guys will get the answers or even the solution you seek.

I think that's the best solution Calvary and thank you for being honest with us and of course agreeing with my statement beforehand. I really don't think Feral Heart as a collective benefits from being left in the dark about updates. I, and many others, would like to be allowed to preview an update before it's finalized. It not only benefits us player but it helps paint the staff a picture of what players want from the game. We are, after all, players.

illogicalFish

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2019, 01:04:14 am »

I'm even straight up going to say that we need a new staff team. Or at least new management. The new staff after no-mod-october (NMO for short) made the mistake of allowing the BNMO staff return. They cannot get anything done efficiently because they cannot work like a team, only a friendship circle against the 'new blood'. It's unprofessional. It stopped the newer staff from getting anything done or even attempt to correct the mistakes the BNMO staff made. The BNMO staff are always sticking to their old ways, which do not work anymore, and haven't done for too long a time.

It should not take months to finalize discussions.

You should not have to rely on repetitive distractions like MotS seasons and competitions etc to cover up your unfortunate broken staff team situations.

It's noticed.

And if the Admins cannot strengthen their staff team or balance their responsibilities, then honestly why are they here.

I can't stress it enough.

Before transparency even begins to happen, there needs to be a new staff team, because this one with the BNMO staff in it is clearly not working out and it shows.

As a Floof who originally joined when General was a thing on another account, I COMPLETELY agree with this statement from Bawfle.

The community is so scared of the mods unless you are BFFS with them. To quote a REALLY old thread "A game is never a dictatorship." The mods never interact with the community or even listen for that matter. If anything we really do need new mods and admins. Hell, one of my friends was kicked for the reason "Don't test me". Dont test me? Seems like a threat there. Now I wont say who it was, but that is corrupt.

Stop trying to control the game. Protect it.

I recently even got into an argument about the mods. The mod online never said anything and instead watched the carnage. Why? Im not sure. Though I was saying the mods can be toxic. I will stand by my GRAVE that this is true. Even when joking around people are kicked. Recently I was kicked for referencing the "Chad" meme. What?

This community was so kind and colorful until the update and general being removed. Now its an empty shell of nostalgia and what it could have been. We need communication, fairness, and transparency.

Offline cytofin

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
    • cytofin
    • teahsu
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt/Contact
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2019, 02:20:41 am »
In my eyes (and the eyes of many others too) it has become undeniably clear that the staff need to change. The 'before no-mod-october' staff (BNMO for short) have had countless opportunities to change their methods of communication, whether it be with each other professionally, or with the community itself, in either situation on numerous occasions they have failed to do so.

It is time for change.

We cannot wait for that type of change any longer.

We have waited for too long. You could even say years now.

We are tired, and we want to see production.

I'm even straight up going to say that we need a new staff team. Or at least new management. The new staff after no-mod-october (NMO for short) made the mistake of allowing the BNMO staff return. They cannot get anything done efficiently because they cannot work like a team, only a friendship circle against the 'new blood'. It's unprofessional. It stopped the newer staff from getting anything done or even attempt to correct the mistakes the BNMO staff made. The BNMO staff are always sticking to their old ways, which do not work anymore, and haven't done for too long a time.

It should not take months to finalize discussions.

You should not have to rely on repetitive distractions like MotS seasons and competitions etc to cover up your unfortunate broken staff team situations.

It's stupid.

It's noticed.

And if the Admins cannot strengthen their staff team or balance their responsibilities, then honestly why are they here.

I can't stress it enough.

Before transparency even begins to happen, there needs to be a new staff team, because this one with the BNMO staff in it is clearly not working out and it shows.

I wholeheartedly agree with Bawfle's statement.
Coming from a time when the online count used to reach a staggering 600+, it is sad to see a max of only 300 members online. Wake up and smell the roses, something is definitely wrong. There is no need to push it away, to act like it is not there.
Change needs to come, and fast before this game plummets.

More communication is the only road to success, as everyone has stated so far. As a community, we want to know what is going to happen to the game. The team can ask for feedback, as well as take suggestions for what could be added into the game. Also being more open to the suggestions stated by members in this very category instead of hating on it.

Offline Telluric

• the future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, killjoys? make some noise!
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • -cue live studio audience groan
    • telluricdog
    • artelluric
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2019, 04:04:51 am »
alpha and bawfle have said all i wanted to say and more.
though if this is just the Game/Mod Feedback Power Hour then i'll toss out that, regarding what fish said, we could stand to have someone rewrite the rules.
i've said before that i'd pass this complaint on because a certain user asked me to and i think they're absolutely right. so whether it's to the theoretical new team or the members of the standing team or what, there are problems between the players and mods that need to be fixed that go beyond communication. i know, forum stuff is admin territory, but sitting down in a doc with one or two other mods over it should at least be considered. it won't kill the game any faster.
there are a lot of problems with players/mods right now and not everyone's gonna be happy with whatever decision(s) is/are made, but we as a community would at least like our concerns like the rules, updates, everything that keeps fh what it is addressed[at the very least.]

it's time for our team to do what they promised us they'd do after the nmn crisis. be the guiding hand for this game.
not a bunch of silent, watchful owls who strike down people who don't hear them coming.
because it seems that's what they've devolved back into.
and nobody liked that.
they say the world is endin'

well maybe it's about time!
don't ask about the yellow flower
see you, space cowboy..

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2019, 07:12:17 am »
I am humbled there have been so many replies thus far. After reading them all, I want to thank you all for contributing valuable input. I do hope more people have the ability to reply, however I am weary that this thread will be locked because of its sensitive nature. I will be thoroughly disappointed if so. Regardless, I want to reiterate the importance of communication and inclusion. Sometimes it can be tedious, but I firmly believe that⁠—regardless of company⁠—objective criticism is a gift and should be encouraged openly. It only promotes truth and participation within the community, building a bond between both members and staff.

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2019, 07:50:27 am »
Sometimes it can be tedious, but I firmly believe that⁠—regardless of company⁠—objective criticism is a gift and should be encouraged openly. It only promotes truth and participation within the community, building a bond between both members and staff.

I just want to add onto this, saying, nothing ever good is handed to anyone anywhere. If you want something that's truly the best it can be, one must be able to take their failures, and turn them into improvements. Lay down any pride you have and accept if you've done something wrong. Acknowledge it, and to the best of your ability, do better. Seek out every morsel of critique you can get so you can make whatever it is you're making the most amazing thing you could possibly create. For not only yourself, but everyone around you.

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2019, 07:56:59 am »
It's disappointing that despite staff 'trying' to enforce some form of transparency with the MOTS Proposal that things are still not up to a high standard that leaves the community comfortable with those assigned to protect them and provide them with a fun, slowly-updated game as this. It's difficult to face the truth, but the truth of this matter is that there is not enough transparency - more could easily be implemented which would only take days (potentially even less than that) to get used to doing differently.

To see the community going to this extent is saddening, as it has been an issue for the time the concept has been brought up. But nevertheless, hopefully people speaking up at this volume will have the outcome of doing some good and affect the Staff's future performance positively. I dream of being able to further spill the beans about what we have planned for you guys and seeing MOTS spread out some exciting information on our behalf as well. I wish more could have been done during earlier stages and I'm sure other Staff members will come to realise this if not already.

Thank you all again for your constructive feedback.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2019, 08:04:18 am »
Before I forget, I also hope this thread is not being seen in a bad light. This whole thread only intended to spark discussion on how the staff should go about releasing updates. Some of this thread did go out of topic, but it is expected with such a broad topic. Whether or not this should be a community matter is up for debate, but considering the essential goal of this thread is to encourage openness, it would not hurt to start here.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2019, 08:27:22 am »
I am humbled there have been so many replies thus far. After reading them all, I want to thank you all for contributing valuable input. I do hope more people have the ability to reply, however I am weary that this thread will be locked because of its sensitive nature.

i'd find it genuinely ironic and kinda distressing if they lock an open plea for more transparency
it would absolutely fly in the face of what players are obviously wanting and would absolutely trash fh

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972