Author Topic: HTML Tricks and Tips for FeralHeart  (Read 3269 times)

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • I gave up on this FH since I was let down...
    • View Profile
HTML Tricks and Tips for FeralHeart
« on: January 11, 2018, 06:05:50 am »
Hey everyone, I have decided to make a tutorial for me and others to use, this is yet another typing and formatting tutorial for forums, but it should be helpful to some who may not know how to do certain things. So I am going to try and help you guys learn more about it. Let's get started!

Okay so for those of you who may not know, HTML is what is used for making certain words look a certain way to put it simply. Most forums use HTML for fonts, colors, and more, FeralHeart Forums also use this only it has a small amount of premade commands to do when typing like changing colors, font face, and font size. FeralHeart also provides some premade basic HTML as well like the hyperlinking, inserting images, and giving writing certain effects like glow, shadow, and marquee. Even though FeralHeart and many forums may already provide you with premade HTML formatting code, there are many other things that you can do on the forums other then that! You just need to know the right way to use HTML.

First up the Basics!

▼Using different font colors▼

Anyone can change the colors by using simple HTML the same kind that you see when you choose a color for your font by selecting the change color menu above the box you type in! Simply just do what it says below!

To change color type [ color =] [ / color], after you type that put the name of the color after color= and then put your text in between the two brackets. (example: [color= aqua]Text[ /color]) but without the spaces of course.

Your result should look like this (Text) if you did it right. Here is a helpful list of HTML Color Names to help you guys out a bit more
!

▼Renaming Hyperlinks▼

Okay I don't know about you guys but this one has always been a tricky one for me and I always seem to have to look up how to do it since I forget all the time, hopefully that should not be an issue anymore since I am making this guide here!

To hyperlink and then rename the link do as follows!

1. Copy your link.

2. Paste it where you want.

3. Type [ url= in front of the link and then enclose the link with ]

4. After that type what you want the link to be called after the ] at the end.

5. Finally at the very end, after your link and link name type [/ url]

It should look something like this [ url= https:// Example Text .com ] Link [/ url]  without the spaces of course.

If you did it right it should look like this (Link)

Now for some more advanced stuff!

▼Using Alt Symbols▼

Alt symbols are a fun way to decorate your posts a bit, they come in many different shapes and make your post look more fun, they can also help a great deal to organize things like tutorials and guides such as this one! To do this simply do the following, also it may be a good idea to look at this Alt Character Reference right here! It can help you find the symbols you want!

1. Find the symbol or character you want.

2. Look for the numpad combo to make it.

3. Make sure your num lock is on.

4. Hold Alt as you type the number for the character/symbol in and release once done!

(Example: Alt+Numpad 13= ♪)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I have plans to update this is the future as I learn more about HTML Formatting, but for now hopefully some of this has helped some of you out! On a side note, here are some other guides I made on FeralHeart Forums that may be of use to you guys!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Other Tutorials/Guides

Forum Writer's Color Reference

Forum Writer's Font Rerference

« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 06:15:04 am by ShadowMT13 »

Offline Melon

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • God in their worst form.
    • jennfelde
    • View Profile
Re: HTML Tricks and Tips for FeralHeart
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 06:33:18 am »
This is really helpful! ♪♫

I bet others will find this useful as well. :)
Attempting to get more active. Enjoy the day!

Cheers!

Erranti

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 03:12:29 pm »
This is very sweet of you! <3 Great job!

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 03:18:59 pm »
This is a lovely tutorial! Thank you for sharing c:
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline Panzram

• Reject false icons
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 95
  • Chai tea addict
    • Koicrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 07:50:20 pm »
A very helpful tutorial. <3 Wonderful job!

In-game user: Panzramic

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 08:49:05 pm »
I love this guide! It's very nicely done, Shadow. Thanks for sharing it with us I'm sure it will be helpful to others!
<3 <3
not active here anymore ♡

Valar.Morghulis

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 09:14:12 pm »
This is so helpful, thank you for posting this! <3

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 09:26:30 pm »
Not to be rude, Ms., but this type of coding isn't HTML. It is BBCode; a simplified version of HTML, though delivering the same type of effects. (:

Other than that little tidbit, I really like when I see people help each other with BBCode. It's something that lots of people both love and struggle with. It's a nice touch when you're feeling fancy or even moody!
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Offline PureHearts

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • YeeHaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2019, 10:35:28 am »
Thanks so much for making this! The examples were really helpful. I think this will come in very handy ^^
ThatCrazyMuleLover