Author Topic: Feral Heart not responding/won't play?  (Read 4584 times)

Offline Vidathelion

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • www.deviantart.com/cynde
    • www.youtube.com/channel/UC90KdyZ
    • http://feebleturtleduck-artz.tum
    • View Profile
Re: Feral Heart not responding/won't play?
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2020, 05:16:52 am »
You should be able to just drag it on over there, yes.

If that doesn't work, then might I ask what's the process of events that happen when you try to open it? Does it crash right after the loading screens, or does it open and immediately crash?
Uh not sure who asked or if they got my reply: I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the game completely twice, three times as of tonight.
Same effect, nothing changes. I have put the .exe file like it says in the tutorial, same effect. I have moved the folder out of Programs, as well as having it install in a separate folder after to try it. Same thing. Has anyone else experienced similar issues? been asking around and I seem to be the only person with these specific issues. I'm not getting any "missing ___" messages, it just turns on says "FH not responding" and shuts off, or opens the black box then shuts off and does nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNG76k548uw&t=8s
I made a video. This is a fresh install, vanilla no mods.
even pasted a old icon in there to show what happens.

**Edit 2: https://sta.sh/01l4d6qwsdp8
here is a screenshot of my Fh folder, vanilla fresh install no mods. 1.17 added. Same effect.

I believe there may be something wrong with the bottom most files. Swapping around the Rak.net and Rundll files with older ones causes FH to open instead of crashing(with the new files) but it just tells me to download patch.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 07:49:34 am by Vidathelion »

Offline BxbyG

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2020, 07:14:23 am »
Looks like something that could be missing every time you reinstall, i.e your computer not actually seeing through all of the required files.
Keep everything you've got thus far, but try and install and replace each folder with the downloads displayed in -This Thread- incase anything vital missing, can be implemented manually. It'll be a time consuming job, but that's really all I can think of to prevent your computer from further neglecting any important files upon installation?

Offline Dark_heart

• Professional Razmirz's Cheese Stealer
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 83
  • -- Moving account --
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2020, 08:41:28 am »
If folder still is on programs, move it around to c:/ disc, d:/ disc, desktop (I have two fh's installed, one on c:/, second on desktop both works). Also go into FeralHeart folder and search for FH.log file. It's text file what let's you know what is wrong with your game. Maybe it will help?
On new account Aiiokia

Offline Vidathelion

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2020, 08:57:45 am »
If folder still is on programs, move it around to c:/ disc, d:/ disc, desktop (I have two fh's installed, one on c:/, second on desktop both works). Also go into FeralHeart folder and search for FH.log file. It's text file what let's you know what is wrong with your game. Maybe it will help?

I did that. Same thing.
And there exists no  FH.log that I can find?
I tried, for the third time, to completely uninstall it from control panel, removing any trace of it on this PC. Did it again following a tutorial by  White wolf Maya
Same thing; just opens and does this https://sta.sh/01wxazeosahw
Literally nothing else it does but this. Even if I don't click it it just does that. Has anyone else had this issue? I seem to be the only one, been reading around and no one seems to be having this specific issue and its confusing me because I'm having no issues besides it refusing to run.

Offline Dark_heart

• Professional Razmirz's Cheese Stealer
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 83
  • -- Moving account --
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2020, 12:00:06 pm »
Well, I don't think reinstalling it again will help. I've never seen similar problem, but maybe turning Windows 7 to Windows 10 will help?
On new account Aiiokia

Offline Vidathelion

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2020, 02:41:15 pm »
Well, I don't think reinstalling it again will help. I've never seen similar problem, but maybe turning Windows 7 to Windows 10 will help?
dude I really hope you aren't suggesting I change operating systems for Feral hearts.
Can anyone ELSE play on a windows 7? is it no longer compatible with windows 7?

Offline Garfield.

• ✨Magical chihuahua✨
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • hello, it's mac
    • channel/UClsDv82N2aher_4BWUy8KPQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2020, 02:49:46 pm »
It's actually not required so don't worry. I'd suggest contacting staff and explaining the problem and what have you done trying to fix it, you should ask Ame that is helping you right now.

Offline Vidathelion

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2020, 02:55:04 pm »
It's actually not required so don't worry. I'd suggest contacting staff and explaining the problem and what have you done trying to fix it, you should ask Ame that is helping you right now.
Good lol because I'm not upgrading my refurbished, new quality $400 huge Windows 7 HP work station I spent three months saving for, and purchased solely to run a specific old version of photoshop and manga studio to a windows 10... I mean I have been playing Feral hears for YEARS since I was 9, and I'm currently 20 and desperately want to play it again but I don't want to play it that bad.
I have no other working computers but this one.  FH worked fine on Vista so it should work on a 7. If not I feel at that point I should probably just give up abandon it if it really can't run on a 7... though I do not want too :(

You mean PM Ame? Yea I'll try that, should I just link her here? thanks

((nevermind found it I'm stupid and firefox was not loading half the page again)
***sorry to ask, I can't find Ames page
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 03:01:53 pm by Vidathelion »

Offline Vidathelion

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
Something is wrong with the game itself/ still cannot play.
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2020, 03:51:26 am »
I've been trying for almost a week now and still cannot get the game to run. I sent PMS to two of the mods(I am unsure if they even sent? didn't show up in my sent PMS folder) I've been told by a few people that's its just my PC. I firmly believe it is not.
I installed it fresh on a laptop of mine.
it is doing the very same thing. Not responding and crashing. I did everything I did on this computer, how you're supposed to do it, on the laptop.

my computers are not broken or damaged. They work fine. FH worked fine on my windows vista before the patch.
I don't believe I am possibly missing ANYTHING. Is there ANYTHING ANYONE can think of that could be missing from a brand new, windows 7 HP workstation(so a newer PC) that could POSSIBLY be causing this? I have direct X and flashplayer. I am not missing anything on this computer. It is brand new and undamaged.

What CAUSES Fh to turn on, not respond and shut off? What in FH itself could cause this? Is it the rendering system? is my computer missing something that is needed to run FH? I have asked several people and they looked over my FH folder and nothing is missing.

it is clearly the patch. What is wrong with the game? why won't it work on my computers? does ANYONE have any idea on what to do? I keep getting the same answers and people telling me repeatedly to try the same thing I have literally done everything everyone has asked and I am getting no where.
Why can some people play but I can't? A YouTube I watch had no issues with it.
clearly something is wrong with this patch. Whenever I drag the patch into FH it does the not responding and shutting off. I still have yet to find anyone experiencing this same issue I am.
Why am I the only one with this issue on two separate computers? I have found not a single soul with this specific issue. I am getting no missing error files. It just does not respond and shuts off. What causes programs to not respond and shut off? There must be something I am missing.

I have never been so disappointed in my entire life. I feel like no one wants to talk about how clearly terrible this patch is if it bricks the entire game. There seems to be no way to manually install the patch that will get it to work on my computer. Feral Heart will open... until I add the patch file. Cannot log in to FH because I do not have the patch file.

I know I am just one person who seems to have the game bricked, maybe if more people had this issue there'd be more of a thing for it to get it fixed. I have seen a few other people claiming they can't get it to run, for other reasons not mine.

This patch is the worse thing to Fh since the old maps were nuked; but even that I could still log on and play. I am frustrated and upset because I have been playing FH since I was literally 9( I am currently 20) for basically half my life and I want to play it again and I cannot. Because of this patch.
The irony; nothing this patch "fixes" I ever used or was planning to use. I don't even know what this patch does.

I would move to Feral Heart Unleashed or use the code to make my own server, if I could transfer my characters my 60 something characters over but I cannot.

I don't want to trash on all the mods; because I'm sure they thought what they were doing was for the good of FH or something, but I am deeply deeply disappointed and upset that it appears I will never be able to play this game again on account of a patch that I would've used absolutely nothing from. Who is this patch for? Who asked for it? The vanilla players? Does this patch benefit the majority or the few?
I frankly wish it didn't exist and do a majority of my friends who are having issues as well. :(

I make my own presets, I do not play vanilla. I appreciate everyone being nice and attempting to help me; everyone here is so accommodating and kind to me but the case still stands nobody seems to know what to do and I don't know who to ask anymore. My only option is to give up hopes of ever playing this game again.

This is a "would never consider playing again" for another game, if I didn't have a emotional connection to this game.

I am very sad about this...:/ FH is very dear to me. I finally got a good working computer and I was looking forward to playing. I miss my characters. I miss running on my maps. I miss my presets. I miss taking screenshots.

That being said: literally offering a fully detailed two character drawing to the user who gets the game running for me. I'd offer cash but I am broke.

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2020, 07:50:39 am »
I've merged your two topics together since they are about the same issue. We asked that duplicate threads aren't made as it can clutter things up and get a little confusing when trying to figure out the issue. Forum Rules Linkie

I understand your frustration completely, and I apologize that we have to deal with this extra step with the .exe file. That was completely out of our hands as something, we're all unsure of what exactly, but something went wrong with the server and a new one had to be made. Otherwise nobody would be able to play. It's quite the unneeded pain... It shouldn't be this hard.

I'm sure there's a way to get things to work. We just need to find out what exactly. sigh- I just wish it wasn't so tedious and frustrating.

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort